One Synth Challenge #108: Diodow by HrastProgrammer (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok - here's my latest submission to this fine OSC!

Daw: Reaper

31 Tracks in total
61 FX in total

Track details
20 * Diodow
20 * ReaEQ
2 * TAL reverb 4
1 * Pecheneg Tremolo
1 * Twin Delay
1 * LFX-1310 (Autopan)
1 * TDR Kotelnikov
11 * Midi Note Filter

Master:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
MSED (Voxengo)
Limiter No. 6

DR: 14

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/easy-waltzy-does-it
Last edited by doctorbob on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

doctorbob wrote:Ok - here's my latest submission to this fine OSC!

Daw: Reaper

Track details
20 * Diodow
20 * ReaEQ
2 * TAL reverb 4
1 * Pecheneg Tremolo
1 * LFX-1310 (Autopan)
1 * TDR Kotelnikov
11 * Midi Note Filter

Master:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
MSED (Voxengo)
Limiter No. 6

DR: 14

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/easy-waltzy-does-it
I really like this doc. You know, it's amazing the difference in sounds that you got out of this thing as opposed to the insanity that I came up with. In fact, after hearing this, I'm so tempted to submit a track so you can hear the incredible difference. You wouldn't believe it's the same synth.

Anyway, well done. Should be a high finish for you.

wagtunes wrote:I really like this doc. You know, it's amazing the difference in sounds that you got out of this thing as opposed to the insanity that I came up with. In fact, after hearing this, I'm so tempted to submit a track so you can hear the incredible difference. You wouldn't believe it's the same synth.

Anyway, well done. Should be a high finish for you.
Thanks Steven, glad you liked the sounds I squeezed from the synth :tu: . Overall quite pleased with the percussion (might tweak it a bit more, dunno yet), bass is Ok-ish, piano-esque/keyboards OK in the main for this synth (I think - but I bet Taron comes up with awesome sounds!!! :borg: ), I like the soloist sound a lot - very 80's styled, and is nice to slot it in rather than try to be "oh no, a synth trying to be a real instrument again" sound! :dog:

Given the synth (which will perform OK if you try hard, but I mean HARD), it's not too bad overall, and the sounds I think sit fairly well in the mix.

As for a high finish, probably not, let's face it, a waltz is not many peoples' cup o' tea, so to speak. I guess we have to wait on the composition, design, performance and technical scores first! :phones:

Cheers,

dB

PS Why not submit? few days left (my perc patches are a couple of pages back if you want them). You never know, maybe only 5 entries :hihi:

I can't seem to pan sounds! I see that Reaper recognizes it as being panned as the levels go from left to right etc, but the sound is clearly stuck in the center. My guess is the synth is routing something in a way I don't expect so phasing is preventing it from being moved in the stereo image. Any tips? It doesn't reflect panning either manually or via the Pan sliders on the filter tab.

edit: yes I've checked my headphones :) I loaded up a few other projects and successfully panned a track.

edit 2: so bizarre! confirmed I can't do it on the init patch.

functionform wrote:I can't seem to pan sounds!
You haven't got the MONNO button on the Master channel on by mistake for that project??? Not seen this problem with the synth. Does it do it with a new project? Does a different synth pan OK with the same new project - ie track 1 diodaw init patch and track 2 "a.n.other synth"? Just thinking out aloud ...

HTH

dB

|--- Here's my bob ross "joy of painting" equivalent in pathetic cliché sounds and phrases
|--- Please listen with headphone first, then with sub woofer switched on you're supposed to go for a second ride
|--- If you feel your equippment is not prepared for bob ross style of music
|--- please leave the crime scene immideately for your own safety
|--- https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/me-d ... nd-phrases

---| Stuff used
---| 100g another dimension
---| 2 pices of spicy filter fm
---| a pinch of room
---| 1 liter of pure alcohol
---| around 20 in number of weird, eye destroying GUI synths...that killed my ears on every save
---| Cubase Pro stuff as always
---| Melda free stuff as always
---| 1 egg, Titanium White and some Prussian Blue
---| And special thanks to the NRA suckers - some aggression
---| All sounds are just stolen from Bob Ross' Cottages paintings, some are even Diodow presets
---| Thanks Fibonacci for the strange inspiration for LFO freqs

|--- Update: Comments are open now!
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This is why you are the doctor, Bob. :dog: :tu:

Well, here goes

OSC #108 Entry

Title - Sci Fi Soundtrack From Hell

DAW - Cubase 7

18 tracks of Diodow

FX Used

Trueverb
Cubase Multiband Compressor
Freeverb Limiter
TDR Feedback Compressor
Freeverb Wind Compressor
Cubase Compressor
Cubase Vintage Compressor
Limiter-6
Voxengo Curve EQ (comes free with Cubase 7)
Cubase Tube Compressor
Freeverb Hibiki Reverb

Master Buss

A1 Stereo Control
OTT
Freeverb Limiter

All sounds programmed from scratch except for the kick.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ll-osc-108

That's pretty nice wagtunes. Sounds like a deep cut from an alternative 2001 soundtrack.

Interesting track Peter ... the SC comments are disabled for the track - any reason??? Deserves comment!!!!!!!

Cheers,

dB

For anybody who hasn't started yet, or is still looking for sounds to use, I've updated both archives with 250 patches in total.

Archive 1 has the WT prefix where the patches go in the same folder with the factory patches.

Archive 2 stays in the subfolder that it comes in. Use whichever one you prefer.

Archive 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkud7t3zlpx2b ... 1.zip?dl=0

Archive 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5iwnbu6qc5vx ... 2.zip?dl=0

Here is my submission this month.
EDITeD :D

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/aqwadiydub-diodow-kvr-osc

Diodow *18
ReaEQ *18
Airwindows
Thunder, distance, purest echo, purist drive, puredt gain, pressure 4
MSEd
Limiter no6
Sandwich amp distortion
Tila
Voxengo oldskool verb
WG doffset, not sure this did anything?
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

doctorbob wrote:Deserves comment!!!!!!!
---| Thanks Dr.
---| Comments open now. Just forgot to set it the right way when I published the track

] Peter:H [ wrote:[---| Thanks Dr.
---| Comments open now. Just forgot to set it the right way when I published the track
That's OK! Now, do you want good, bad or indifferent comments??? :hihi: :lol:
dB

doctorbob wrote:
] Peter:H [ wrote:[---| Thanks Dr.
That's OK! Now, do you want good, bad or indifferent comments??? :hihi: :lol:
dB
I'm interested in any kind of comments about my trees and the tiny little highlights on the trees and yes, not to forget and equaly importand about the tiny little bushes in front of the snow covered cottage that's positioned a bit to the left on my canvas...

Return to “Instruments”