Fuse Audio Labs presents the Bucket-500 Analog Delay Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bucket-500 Analog Delay

Here is another idea: what if the modulation strength would automatically decrease with increasing delay-time?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Here is another idea: what if the modulation strength would automatically decrease with increasing delay-time?
I thought about that too, it would be interesting to hear how that would work when automating delay times.
It's easy if you know how

fuseaudiolabs wrote:Okay..looks I have to give in. Watch out for v1.0.2 soon :tu:
Killer ~ the depth and rate wouldn't mess with the simplicity in my opinion; it'll still be very simple and focused yet offer much more interesting delay lines especially if the self oscillations added.

Look forward to it Ray; as well as the flanger!

Nice delay at $29, but too steep at $49 IMO. As I won't have the money for this until the start of March when my tax returns come in, I'm gonna have to pass on this. Shame, wish the intro pricing ran for an extra week or two.

fuseaudiolabs wrote:Okay..looks I have to give in. Watch out for v1.0.2 soon :tu:
So we are getting self oscillilation and depth control? That would probably end me over the edge to buy it :party:

yeah me too

Check v1.0.2 all you dub guys (and everyone else) :party:

thanks heaps!
downloading now

as are quite a few others i imagine :P

OK, sounds nice and doity.
There's something going on i can't explain in technical terms though, not sure if it's just a inherent in the bucket brigade model?...

Run a loop through it at 79% Feedback with the +3dB switch engaged, it bubbles away nicely, indefinitely perhaps. the feedback is there chirping a bit in the background, but it's not spilling over...
then hit stop and the feedback starts taking off like a mofo.

is there any way to remedy this? like i say, while a signal is running through it - it's possible to get the feedback quite high and leave the loop running for a long time without it getting out of control. but once the DAW is stopped, it grows like an exponential ninja.

sqigls wrote:thanks heaps!
downloading now

as are quite a few others i imagine :P

OK, sounds nice and doity.
There's something going on i can't explain in technical terms though, not sure if it's just a inherent in the bucket brigade model?...

Run a loop through it at 79% Feedback with the +3dB switch engaged, it bubbles away nicely, indefinitely perhaps. the feedback is there chirping a bit in the background, but it's not spilling over...
then hit stop and the feedback starts taking off like a mofo.

is there any way to remedy this? like i say, while a signal is running through it - it's possible to get the feedback quite high and leave the loop running for a long time without it getting out of control. but once the DAW is stopped, it grows like an exponential ninja.
Yeah, that may happen depending on your material and the adjusted settings. To put it bluntly: Imagine the energy of your playback signal is canceling the oscillating components that would otherwise swell up if the signal wasn't playing. The only thing I can recommend here: Try to find the "sweet spot" using the fine control on the feedback knob (mousewheel + shift).

Hope this helps.

ok :)

75% it is ;)

sqigls wrote:ok :)

75% it is ;)
Alright, great this is working for you :tu:

now i have 13 days to come up with the cash :P

...aaaaand done.
After comparing it to a few other delays I own, I had to pull the pin :P
Bucket-500 is my new goto BBD delay.
Adding it to one of my live dub sets now, it's a pearler

It might not be feature packed, but it suit me to a tea... the tone, the GUI, feels great to use...
it's affordable, and very CPU efficient. Yay Bucket-500!
The new send switch (dry mute) and +3dB feedback switch are essential editions for the dub freaks among us...

Software is getting harder and harder every year!!

Nice work Ray. I look forward to more of your plugin releases!
Thank you. Awesome stuff.

sqigls wrote:...aaaaand done.
After comparing it to a few other delays I own, I had to pull the pin :P
Bucket-500 is my new goto BBD delay.
Adding it to one of my live dub sets now, it's a pearler

It might not be feature packed, but it suit me to a tea... the tone, the GUI, feels great to use...
it's affordable, and very CPU efficient. Yay Bucket-500!
The new send switch (dry mute) and +3dB feedback switch are essential editions for the dub freaks among us...

Software is getting harder and harder every year!!

Nice work Ray. I look forward to more of your plugin releases!
Thank you. Awesome stuff.
Thanks for the nice words, sqigls! It's great to know this is used in a live set.

Best,
Ray

Ray... thanks sooo much for acting as an "enabler" for my delay addiction. Bucket-500 is now in my box of delay "crayons" and I can honestly say that there are no other crayons in that vast box that are THAT particular color. So very very nice. Completely LOVE the break up in the feedback tails when you push the sweetspots in the feeback filter and the x-feed levels!!!
I *do* have feature request for a future update if possible?: depth and speed controls for the LFO, possibly? ...I wouldn't even ask for sync on the speed if I could just get depth control ;]

Return to “Effects”