Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
cowby
KVRian
 
811 posts since 1 Feb, 2005
Hi Folks,

As a bed room music maker who make music for hobby, I must say I am pretty appreciated with the captioned products regarding their upgrade price model. My last version of Reason is 5 and I can still use a fix price $129 to upgrade to 10 (no matter your still using < v9). NI's Komplete (yeah not a DAW), I can also upgrade to 11U with a fix price no matter I am still using a very old version. And for FLS, I bought Fruitloop since version 1.97 or 2 (?) and it is a lifetime free upgrade.

I also own Cubase 7 and really would like to upgrade to the current version. However, the upgrade price is varies which based on the version you are using and I need to pay $199 to get the latest. Last May, I bought Push2-Live9 package and this Jan I also spent $239 to upgrade to 10. I hope I invest $239 just to enjoy the following 3-4 years free upgrade until 11 comes out.

I think most of us here would like to upgrade their DAW to the latest if the price is just right. However, some of the users here are reluctant to upgrade to Live 10 / Bigwig 2 (for example) because of their Price/new pricing model). One thing that I notice is the price or upgrade price for some of the DAWs are raising up but it doesn't mean they have the new features/bug fixes just fit for your needs.

Anyone still stay in the old version and not upgrade to the latest ? Is it because the upgrade doesn't "Thrill" you with goodies or the price ? Welcome any friendly discussion.

Cheers and have a nice day.
Cowby
pottering
KVRian
 
624 posts since 14 Dec, 2014
Upgrading from Live 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 to Live 10 is also a single fixed price.
tooneba
KVRian
 
1043 posts since 6 Nov, 2012
But more pricier than Logic itself.
THE INTRANCER
KVRian
 
510 posts since 30 Dec, 2014
When you find a better tool for the job, the price pretty much becomes irrelevant at the end of the day, your time is more important than money I would think in the larger scheme of things...if you can't afford it, then you shouldn't be buying / upgrading it in any case.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
cowby
KVRian
 
811 posts since 1 Feb, 2005
pottering wrote:Upgrading from Live 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 to Live 10 is also a single fixed price.


Thanks for letting me know this fact.
tooneba
KVRian
 
1043 posts since 6 Nov, 2012
THE INTRANCER wrote:When you find a better tool for the job, the price pretty much becomes irrelevant at the end of the day, your time is more important than money I would think in the larger scheme of things...if you can't afford it, then you shouldn't be buying / upgrading it in any case.

$50 meal is tastier than that of $5, right?
THE INTRANCER
KVRian
 
510 posts since 30 Dec, 2014
tooneba wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:When you find a better tool for the job, the price pretty much becomes irrelevant at the end of the day, your time is more important than money I would think in the larger scheme of things...if you can't afford it, then you shouldn't be buying / upgrading it in any case.

$50 meal is tastier than that of $5, right?


It's not really about taste though...it's about keeping your self alive, that's why we eat.. not necessarily because it tastes good... ;).And likewise in reference to daws, you want one that will last you...a long time and do what you need it to do.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)