Drums Of The Deep 2 Thoughts?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have this library or have any thoughts? Seems like a ton of samples for not a lot of instruments (for the mic positions I assume?).

No one?

I know this forum area isn't hit up much, but none of you knuckleheads picked this up at vstbuzz? :wink:

Just curious if it would add nicely to what I already have in APE.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-drums-deep-2-auddict/

I have bought it but cant really say lot about it cause I have only used it in one song sketch so far.

I must admit that after the impressive videos and sound samples on the auddict site and the big campain while releasing it my first impression after loading it was: thats all :o
GUI has not much to offer apart from the mic positions, and yes, 8 instruments are not much especially if you take in case that you dont have any chance to mix the instruments, evry instrument is a least ONE final ensemble sound. Even ape micro percussion and the temple drums offer more in this case.

I think it only is worth it if you are exactly after that sound of one of these instruments, I as sure nothing else will deliver these sounds in that quality. But if you are looking for a great, versatile, mixable impressive percussion lib for any case, NO, thats definitely not Drums of the Deep II.

My impression is that these drums are for that big, epic "Hollywood" sound. Could be pretty useful for soundtrack work.
A well-behaved signature.

Thanks for the input all. Kind of my guesses as well!

I already have APE and it's so great for epic stuff. I guess I don't need Drums of the Deep 2.

Obvious561 wrote:I already have APE and it's so great for epic stuff. I guess I don't need Drums of the Deep 2.
I Have APE Elements. Have been considering getting Drums of the Deep 2 for the taikos and other low drums.

Basically thinking of it as a nice toolkit to add some organic sounding low-end punch. This isn't APE's forte from my experience so far.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”