IK Multimedia Black 76 – free with Computer Music issue 254 (April 2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATS wrote:
Reefius wrote:
LAGinz wrote:Just a gentle reminder. You can remove all the other vsts in about a minute by using the magic “Delete” button:)
And they're all back after an update :)

and then it takes another 2 seconds to delete them. In other words, less than the time it took to complain about it :D
Yeah but know this is kvr after all. :lol: Trolls need things like this to feed on. There's wrong with all free plugins offers, prices on vst's, copy/challenge, ilok and all other installment. Probably everything in life except their mother. :x

LAGinz wrote:You guys are incredible. Is it a huge marketing ploy? Of course. Is IK’s licensing system sales oriented and at times cumbersome, especially for the uninitiated? Hell yeah. BUT, IK makes many excellent plugins, and the 1176 is definitely one of them! It is a GREAT compressor, and if you are not getting really good results from it, then this type of compressor is just not your cup of tea, or you are using it incorrectly.
:tu:

Reefius wrote:For me this is just a dirty marketing trick. They want people to try out all the other plugins (in demo mode) so they might actually like and then buy some of them.
Well what did you expect? Commercial Company give away something for free just becuase they feel like it? Keep on dreaming in your fairy land. Of course they do it becuase they want to sell more. What's wrong with that? After all they have employees that need to be paid and other taxes and want to survive. Do you think you would have done differently? Oh, I forgot, everything on the internet should be free. :roll:

Free or not, I don't want it.
Ok so why do you even bother?

Reefius wrote:
LAGinz wrote:Just a gentle reminder. You can remove all the other vsts in about a minute by using the magic “Delete” button:)
Magically...

:help:

soulone82 wrote:
Reefius wrote:
Magically...

:help:

don't you feel a little creepy being an ik stalker?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

But, how does it sound? :D
It's easy if you know how

:D

Lesha wrote:But, how does it sound? :D
Awful. Didn't you read page 1? :P

It's a very nice plugin and CM deserves a 'thank you' for offering it with the mag.

IK, why on Earth don't you offer a way for the user to only install the needed plugin(s), not the full suite?

To me Black76 is best 1176 emu on the market in native world. But overall, UAD mkII is light years ahead of whole competition.

Thanks for the info. Great freebie, I will get Computer Music mag to grab it.

Odysseus part 2:

After sending an email to cm, yes, success part 1, word instructions part 1 done, I have a serial.

Ik-authorization stuff was already installed :phew:

Authorisation worked :hyper:

Downloadlink: nothing

clicking on the "here" button (and remembering Oysseus part 1....): nothing, nothing, nothing,......

Then I gladly remembered I had that before:

Ik multimedia download DONT WORK with Firefox (actual version of course....) win 7 64 bit (seems nobody use this anymore at least in the way IK multimedia thinks)....

So started chrome, copied link, wow, 1 GB download started...

More to follow

So much fun with just a little free amplifier...

My studio machine running Firefox on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit downloaded T-RackS without issue not too long ago. I'd suggest turning off any extensions that may cause problems, clear cache, and those typical basic steps that usually fix browser issues if you run into the same problem in the future. If that doesn' t help, IK Support can assist you and find out why you can't also download our software with your setup.

Thanks.

IK Black76 sounds great to me, I prefer it to Waves, NI, Softube equivalents.
NB) The bloated shop + demos installer should be ditched though.

The magazine is worth the price just for the backdated software, VST/VSTi plugins, loops, samples, and tutorials. And it's also a read.

I recall Acustica Pink CM, Tone Boosters Barricade CM, Lindell 6X-500 CM and Satson CM as being a few of the memorable ones.

Back on topic, I compared CLA 76 and the IK Black 76, I prefer the IK one, the CLA 76 sounded slightly dull and muddy. The IK modules have some nice mid-side features, and the newer T-Racks 5 are sonically improved, IMO.

Then, I put the PSP Audioware PSPFetpressor into an insert slot, I almost got a tear in my eye, it's in a different league, closely followed by LSR Audio's Comprime.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Effects”