Dang, No Z3ta+3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I doubt we will see Z3TA 3 in the next 5 years... they will surely focus on serving the Sonar crowd at the moment. And, it's doubtful they will ever continue Z3TA in a way.

Don't quote me when they actually decide to do so. ;) It's just that i can't imagine it.

Don't sprain an ankle jumping to conclusions....... :band2:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Must be weird for the Cakewalk employees, their company including them get passed on from one company to another, as if they were a used car. I think I would quit if my company were sold to another without my consent. Or I would try to buy it jointly with my colleagues in order to become independent.

Teksonik wrote:Don't sprain an ankle jumping to conclusions....... :band2:
Sure... but i really think the customers who paid hundreds of € on lifetime Sonar upgrades are more important than the guys who bought Z3TA 2 for 25 € when it was on sale. And, i also think that, as slow as Z3TA and other plugin development from Cakewalk always has been, it will take a while until anything comes up. If it does. It's also known that Cakewalk didn't change anything about the DSP code from Z3TA 1 to Z3TA 2, and it's also known that Rene Ceballos was the guy behind all that, and that he left the company years ago. Taking all that into account, i "jumped" to my conclusions. ;) Of course, i could be wrong, but, seems unlikely.

Z2 doesn't need an upgrade. Z2 is perfect :tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Must be weird for the Cakewalk employees, their company including them get passed on from one company to another, as if they were a used car. I think I would quit if my company were sold to another without my consent. Or I would try to buy it jointly with my colleagues in order to become independent.
probably better than just going bust with the parent company.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Must be weird for the Cakewalk employees, their company including them get passed on from one company to another, as if they were a used car..
I often think this as well. Happens a lot in the logistics industry where drivers and transport staff often transfer when a company is outbid on a contract, sometimes at quite short notice. In order to smooth the transfer terms and conditions are usually protected though, for at least a period. Probably happens a lot in other industries too where there's a lot of competition for contracts.

Anyway, enough about trucking. :scared:

chk071 wrote: Taking all that into account, i "jumped" to my conclusions. ;)
chk071 wrote:I doubt we will see Z3TA 3 in the next 5 years...
That's not a jump that's sky diving. :borg:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Distorted Horizon wrote:Z2 doesn't need an upgrade. Z2 is perfect :tu:
No it doesn't really need an upgrade but it could do with a good going over to address the bugs that CW didn't fix in the past.

I just had a nice play with Z3TA+2 and it really does sound very nice. Remarkable in comparison to modern alternatives ? No but nice indeed. Makes a wonderful companion to Hive, Sylenth 1 and Dune 2.... :hyper:

It could be streamlined in a few ways, bug fixed, enhanced GUI, etc. Still one of my sentimental synths!

dandezebra wrote:It could be streamlined in a few ways, bug fixed, enhanced GUI, etc. Still one of my sentimental synths!
Yeah, I guess "sentimental" would be a good word for my thoughts about Zeta. I got it at version 1 and it was the bee's knees at the time. Didn't bother with version 2. I only keep it installed for old projects now.

In summary, Cakewalk 2.0 can flush the source code down the crapper for all I care. ;)
A well-behaved signature.

Teksonik wrote: Makes a wonderful companion to Hive, Sylenth 1 and Dune 2.... :hyper:
That set up needs Arcsyn. IMO

donkey tugger wrote: Anyway, enough about trucking. :scared:

10-4

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... Z1hPVHDN5c

1.5.3 still resides in my "favorites" folder. Fantastic synth.

Just add a Tantra or two after it, and good to go for years to come,
even during gas shortages :wink:

Return to “Instruments”