Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

djanthonyw wrote:

Sample any of them during the 30 day trial, or sign up for additional trial periods with different email addresses.

The only reason why these companies are getting away with a subscription model is because suckers are telling them that it's ok to rent software by consenting with their wallets.

Hmm yes and no as this brings me one step closer to my credit card and won't let that happen.

I'd rather NOT USE IT whatsoever until they have a compelling offer.

Roland is shooting itself in the foot with its expensive subscription. Unless it's $10 a month, or make the plug-ins available for sale, only suckers or professional studios will get go for it. The thing is that Roland should realize that there are many other better options out there.

Roland doesn't care as long as it brings in profit. And it seems to be...

Or Roland may be waiting for musicians come around their way. The only two plug-ins that interest me are JV-1080 and D50.

Does anyone know how many factory patches there in the JV-1080 VST, and does it feature patch remain?

It contains 640 patches. There's no patch remain.

Thanks, Evildragon. No patch remain? That's a deal breaker for me. You saved me lots of time and money. I ain't looking at JV1080 anymore subscription or not.

By the way, you have helped many musicians with your expertise. Your name should be something else rather than Evildragon. :) You are a Good Dinosaur.

Any alternative to JV 1080 you can think of? Lots of orchestra instruments, bread & butter sounds. Hypersonic 2 type of stuff. I am making banks in Kontakt, which offers smooth sound transition for live performance.

You could try Korg Wavestation/M1 or Sound Canvas VA. I don't know if they sound as good as the 1080.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

krreed wrote:Thanks, Evildragon. No patch remain? That's a deal breaker for me. You saved me lots of time and money. I ain't looking at JV1080 anymore subscription or not.
The original hardware also didn't have patch remain. Not very many synths ever had it. Great majority of plugins won't have it either (for various reasons), so you should probably ease up on your dealbreakers ;)
Rameses wrote:You could try Korg Wavestation/M1 or Sound Canvas VA. I don't know if they sound as good as the 1080.
Those also don't have patch remain. In fact, the only plugin I can tell that does have patch remain is Kontakt, but only if you preload the patches you want to play in an instrument bank (which the guy is obviously doing already)... The way to sort this out with any other plugin is simply by using multiple instances across different tracks/MIDI channels...

Oh and SQ8L, but that one is limited to 8 voices of polyphony (a great plugin otherwise, plus it's free, except it's 32-bit only).

Going to puke by reading lemonades here.

I guess by now i can conclude for myself that i am perfectly aware (and fine with it) that if anyone release something, anything - no matter how good it is(literally it could be batman synth or superman poopybuthole tube instrument) - some opinion lacking less gifted internet nobody will come to some XY forum and piss on any kind of effort because:

a: plugin does not have 10932747822438798758 patches
b: it uses some putnamehere copy protection
c: to use it you have to pay XY amount of money now or on subscription or whatever
or
d: something completely unrelated

While at the same time other people make music with it.

Hell i even saw people on KVR bash and whine and make conspiracy theories when some plugin is released for free. Free. Like for free.

Love this place. Simply love it.

edit: i am monitoring this thread for sysex to bin converter - that is. On topic: can anyone remember did Roland added sysex to D50 VST right on start or later on some update? Maybe there's chance Roland will add sysex to JV1080 as well?

kmonkey wrote:edit: i am monitoring this thread for sysex to bin converter - that is. On topic: can anyone remember did Roland added sysex to D50 VST right on start or later on some update? Maybe there's chance Roland will add sysex to JV1080 as well?
Sysex import was added in version 1.0.4 of the D50 plugin.

krreed wrote:
Does anyone know how many factory patches there in the JV-1080 VST, and does it feature patch remain?
Ran across a couple threads regarding patch remain feature on Roland hardware...

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45777

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=48180
Windows 10 and too many plugins

krreed wrote:Any alternative to JV 1080 you can think of? Lots of orchestra instruments, bread & butter sounds. Hypersonic 2 type of stuff. I am making banks in Kontakt, which offers smooth sound transition for live performance.
Halion Sonic 3 is the direct successor to Hypersonic, and includes expanded higher quality versions of most of Hypersonic's sounds while replacing the weakest sounds with new ones. I think it's a far better workstation overall.

It doesn't have patch remain, but like EvilDragon said, you really should just change your workflow because what you're trying to do is achievable through other means which will work with any plugin.

The JV plugins are missing most of the workstation that the real hardware had. No performances/combis, no multitimbrality, no program changes...

Romantique Tp wrote:
The JV plugins are missing most of the workstation that the real hardware had. No performances/combis, no multitimbrality, no program changes...
Why is multitimbrality an issue when you can have as many plug ins as you want? This exceeds the workstations ability?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

krreed wrote:Roland is shooting itself in the foot with its expensive subscription. Unless it's $10 a month, or make the plug-ins available for sale, only suckers or professional studios will get go for it. The thing is that Roland should realize that there are many other better options out there.
I agree. I'm dying for the D-50 sound right now (even thinking of buying a Boutique) and I regret selling my 1080...but refuse to go for this. It is kind of common now, if you think about it: Avid with Pro-Tools, Adobe's Creative Cloud suite, even media streaming services...

It would be great if they sold individual plug-ins, but I doubt the prices would be anywhere reasonable: they now include the "Yours" program, where you get to keep one (1) instrument after subscribing for one year (12mo). What, that comes down to something like $240 per instrument? :D

SLiC wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:
Why is multitimbrality an issue when you can have as many plug ins as you want? This exceeds the workstations ability?
No real need for multis when this is like like having a synth rack with as many JV1080s as you wanted, each in 'Patch' mode, creating a ginormous virtual 'Performance' mode, without the limitations of the original hardware 'Performance' mode.
Last edited by zzz00m on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”