T-Racks 5 Max - are they all good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've seen some good reviews about the White 2A and a few others but are they all that good? It seems that some are quite old.
I suppose they are not up to UAD or Softube plugins but it's not the same price tag. What do you think about it?

Thanks

Quick answer, hardware beats software, but its getting frightening close ;) for software vs software, i think it is a taste of your own ears.
i tested most of them , both hardware and software versions, but i own tracks5max :) the rest is beetween the ears.

One thing I've been wondering about T-racks 5...

I saw the they gave the bus compressor a new UI but have they done anything else to it and existing plugins in version 5? I was very tempted to buy the bus compressor like 2 weeks ago when it was half off online.

Peter from IK will hopefully chime in but in the meantime if he doesn't mind, here's a quote from Gearslutz:
"The v4 plugins used in v5 should not have a huge sonic difference other than some improvements due to the improved oversampling"

I really like Ik's stuff. Some I use all the time. Mainly some of the eq's and multi-band stuff, and others. But I have mostly moved to izotope. I just like how it sounds better for most things. I still use the iK stuff a lot but not so much as before.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

I also have iZotope Ozone & Neutron Advanced so I'm not sure T-racks would be really useful. Does IK improve their plugins with each version or they usually just add new ones like they do with Amplitube?

tappert wrote:Hi,
I've seen some good reviews about the White 2A and a few others but are they all that good? It seems that some are quite old.
Some are old and some are recent. A few of the old ones are classics, however, and I'd hate to be without them, like the Fairchild 670 compressor. The more recent ones are fabulous, like the Stealth Limiter and the EQ 432, to name just a couple.

Right now you can get the entire collection (T-Racks Max) for $300 USD (sale ends soon, however). This is an extremely good value (under 8 bucks per plug-in). My only gripe with IK is that they weighted the great deal possibilities to the customer who had little or no previous T-Racks purchases. Those of us with a sizeable collection already didn't have nearly as good an opportunity to save big bucks.
Last edited by dmbaer on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tappert wrote:Hi,

I suppose they are not up to UAD or Softube plugins but it's not the same price tag. What do you think about it?

Thanks
Similar to.softube and uad.T racks.plugins are very decent I.always have great results.in the end with them better then with my uad.

Plugins are great. The standalone version hasn't worked right since it's been released.

clintmartin wrote:Plugins are great. The standalone version hasn't worked right since it's been released.
I hope you've consulted IK Support because the standalone has been working quite well since release. I read your post on the IK Forum about Master Match but I believe that is resolved at the link that is above your post there (or using the power button icon on Master Match). Other than that, please do report issues you find and you can have a great experience like others have with the standalone. Thanks!

Yep. That did indeed fix the problem with Master Match (turns out to be user error), however I can't get the new EQ to work right...never have. I insert it, and have to use task manager to shut off T-Racks.
Still... I'm a long time user and fan of T-Racks. Thanks Peter.

lacandon wrote: Similar to.softube and uad.T racks.plugins are very decent I.always have great results.in the end with them better then with my uad.
good to hear that.

To me the plugins i use from T-Racks are great and most of them for me are unchangable to any other...except for EQP-A1 (Pultec Emulation), that one is so awful id give it away for free if it didnt came with a bundle. EQP-A1 is so bad that when boosting bass at 60hz above value 5 clips and pops internaly no matter how much DB headroom you have. Awful plugin. And it was in version prior 5, still hasnt been fixed. Whats surprising is that other T-Racks plugins are very good, especialy Stealth Limiter, compressors ect.

^^^^
If you haven't already done so, please report that problem to IK Support so they can have a look.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, please do provide details of this. I've asked them if this is a known issue but it was not so they'd need more direct details and examples of source material that is causing this, etc in order to see what is going on. Thanks!

Return to “Effects”