Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
halsallian
KVRer

6 posts since 13 Oct, 2013

Postby halsallian; Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

pdxindy wrote:
halsallian wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
halsallian wrote:I think that storing the tap speed factors for each of the 4 taps in the sequencer rather than it just keeping the last value set would be a big leap forward and give some really great effects

I don't understand what you mean?

Do this:

go to the sequencer and set the first tap to 4 in the first sequencer slot

change the sequencer slot to number 2 - you will see that the first tap is still set to 4 - set it to 8

switch the sequencer slot back to 1 - it hasn't remember the 4 has it but has the 8

I'd like these tap speeds to be stored in the sequencer slots

you mean when switching between the 8 snapshots, you want the timing multiplier of each of the 4 outputs to be stored per snapshot?

I doubt that is even possible... I mean the 8 sequencer snapshots can smoothly fade between them and can even be modulated at audio-rate.

Why wouldn't that be possible?

You can modulate each slot in Ableton Live (but the display in Bazille is inaccurate and often says 4 when it's really 5)
halsallian
KVRer

Postby halsallian; Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

I may be able to get by automating in Live
pdxindy
KVRAF

13703 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

halsallian wrote:I may be able to get by automating in Live

cool... thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't tried automating the multipliers... until now!

https://draigathar.org/sounds/B106.mp3

:hihi:
halsallian
KVRer

Postby halsallian; Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 am Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

You get some cool effects if you initially set all 4 to 8 and divide by 8.

Set your host sequencer in motion playing one repeated note.

Modulate the taps which are routed to interesting parameters.

Fun!
overhishead
KVRist

285 posts since 21 Jan, 2007

Postby overhishead; Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:29 am Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

i think the step sequencer could have it's own page, much larger and less fiddly. if not official, at least hidden as an easter egg.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6118 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 am Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.

Yeah, that doesn't seem so likely given that it is not an arp or traditional sequencer.

In the full Bazille, there are a number of ways to create a sequenced groove... though if you need to keep it sync'ed to host tempo, that gets trickier. The easiest way is of course to use a VST arp.

I don't see why they wouldn't give swing, I mean it's just an offset of every other step, delaying it slightly. And I don't think using a VST arp is the same. The cool thing about the bazille sequencer is the morphing between sequences and parameter modulation.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Dasheesh
KVRAF

2640 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Postby Dasheesh; Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 am Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

Sounds like what you guys are asking for is a good comb filter or resonator. Before you get what you are asking for though, you should realize that that kind of thing is very taxing on cpu. Bazille is already pretty taxing as is.
pdxindy
KVRAF

13703 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.

Yeah, that doesn't seem so likely given that it is not an arp or traditional sequencer.

In the full Bazille, there are a number of ways to create a sequenced groove... though if you need to keep it sync'ed to host tempo, that gets trickier. The easiest way is of course to use a VST arp.

I don't see why they wouldn't give swing, I mean it's just an offset of every other step, delaying it slightly. And I don't think using a VST arp is the same. The cool thing about the bazille sequencer is the morphing between sequences and parameter modulation.

Yeah, but the Bazille sequencer can be 4 sequences, each with their own timing. Would you make a separate swing control for each of the 4 outputs?
generaldiomedes
KVRian

502 posts since 14 Apr, 2017, from Canada

Postby generaldiomedes; Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:54 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

I think further code optimization would be a nice update
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6118 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 pm Re: Next updates to u-he Bazille

pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Yeah, but the Bazille sequencer can be 4 sequences, each with their own timing. Would you make a separate swing control for each of the 4 outputs?

Nah, global. Keep it simple.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments