Help wanted: Issue with latest Synth1 release V1.13beta8(VST64) 2015.5 on MacOS HighSierra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, since the Synth1 upgrade to V1.13beta8(VST64) 2015.5 I'm unable to tweak any knob in the VST.
Whenever I click on a knob to change a parameter, its value switches to max (e.g.127) and the mouse pointer jumps out of the vst window to an upper right corner of the screen.
I was not able to find any notice in the web yet, so it might be a local problem.
Usually dealing with DAW Cubase 9.5, I also tried to use the app minihost modular in order to exclude Cubase as cause, but the trouble is the same. This is really a pity as the VST synth is a quite nice instrument.
Does anyone have an idea, how this issue can be solved?
Help is really appreciated! Thx.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but unless you're interested in the user presets for Synth1, I would just use Retrologue 2 instead. It's included for free with Cubase Artist and higher and it sounds pretty good, and is much more flexible than Synth1 while being even easier to use.

Romantique Tp wrote:Probably not the answer you're looking for but unless you're interested in the user presets for Synth1, I would just use Retrologue 2 instead.
It's also not a good answer. Retrologue and Synth 1 sound nothing alike. Yes they can do similar sounds but their characters are substantially different. You might as well have just named a random plugin.... :?

As for the OP's issue I don't own a Mac so can't help there. I can testify the Windows version works just fine here.

Just found this....

https://synthmorph.com/blogs/news/synth ... sing-curse

Includes a picture of the elusive and mysterious Ichiro Toda.

This from the link above....

"I had to face several stability issues when running it in Logic and Cubase on Mac OS El Capitan. Unfortunately I can not recommend it (version 1.13 beta8) on Mac now".

(Article is from October 2016)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

He's using Cubase. Retrologue comes with Cubase, It's not just some random plugin I picked. Not once did I imply that they sound the same, I'm suggesting that unless he needs the user made presets, he probably already has a much more flexible (and IMO far better sounding, for most stuff anyway) alternative included with his DAW. How is this the same as suggesting him to use some random plugin when he probably already has it installed?

the problem Is with the display resolution....I had exactly the same issue on my iMac with Retina display.....I hooked up a second display with a lower resolution and dragged the synth 1 to there...works perfect now....and you have the added bonus of a second display...the same trick worked with the org legacy plug ins...they were all very tiny on my iMac screen but on an older monitor they all became more useful....

Return to “Instruments”