Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DDD

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jbarish wrote:Do business with Sknote at your own peril :uhuhuh:
Ignore flaky comments like the above

Ive been an Sknote customer for about 7 years

Ignore fanboi protests to the contrary. These flakes make every excuse in the book for Sknote's flakey behavior. I'm not the only one having that experience. Research Sknote and you'll see.
Last edited by jbarish on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dupe

rasmusklump wrote:I wouldnt touch a sknote plugin even if it was free. I feel to much betrayed from them selling stuff without demos that are not even at alpha state with half of the buttons not working (that plate).

And DDD i bought too but think it is useless as I used the UAD one always on acoustic guitars. The DDD creates a mess of hiss with an acoustic guitar. I have even erased the installers...

My choruses today are the two valhalla ones and the great free Acon one.
+1000

Oh, I've seen all the shenanigans. Just trying to keep the perspective on the actual plugins and not the run-ins, but I know what you're saying.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Okay, no disrespect to DDD and Sknote at all, but UberMod seems to cover a lot of ground. Wok's VDimension is a free take on the subject that is also interestingly usable.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

jbarish wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jbarish wrote:Do business with Sknote at your own peril :uhuhuh:
Ignore flaky comments like the above

Ive been an Sknote customer for about 7 years

Ignore fanboi protests to the contrary. These flakes make every excuse in the book for Sknote's flakey behavior. I'm not the only one having that experience. Research Sknote and you'll see.
I agree, Snowflakes dont bother if you need hand holding and reasurances
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I agree, Snowflakes dont bother if you need hand holding and reasurances
Or if you need a plugin that functions as it's supposed to. God help you if you need support. You'll most likely get a response about how you're using the plugin wrong, your system is faulty, or a promise for an update that may or may not fix it or ever materialize for that matter.

jbarish wrote:Or if you need a plugin that functions as it's supposed to. God help you if you need support. You'll most likely get a response about how you're using the plugin wrong, your system is faulty, or a promise for an update that may or may not fix it or ever materialize for that matter.
FWIW, and not saying that this is you, but software developers have told me that user error is the culprit over half of the time.

You might not be aware of it, but you managed to basically just say nothing. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

That's my job! ;)

jens wrote:You might not be aware of it, but you managed to basically just say nothing. ;-)
Only if you're being ignorant to what was actually said.

Uncle E wrote:That's my job! ;)
Yes, I know... I wouldn't and couldn't be a salesperson - not nearly diplomatic, careful and calm enough.
Last edited by jens on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote:
jens wrote:You might not be aware of it, but you managed to basically just say nothing. ;-)
Only if you're being ignorant to what was actually said.
No, not only then. It really says nothing.

- because there are no numbers "more than half" might e.g. mean 51%, but 51% of what total number? See?
We have no idea.

- anyway: 51% of whatever would still leave us with 49% of whatever being actual bugs, which might of might not be a huge amount. Without numbers we have no idea.

- also it's hard to believe it's 51% (or whatever) for every single developer. I would assume there are huge differences from vendor to vendor and product to product (with quality of the manual, complexity of the product in question and actual buggyness of the plugin being amongst any number of deciding factors). We have no idea.

So all it says is that - generally speaking - a major numbers of reported bugs could actually be user-error - yeah, no shit, Sherlock - and it's completely off topic too.

You're making an easy thing look complicated. ;) (also by creating a lot of useless bla bla) The point was that the majority of support requests are about something the user has produced himself. I remember a support guy posting here on KVR even, about RTFM. I think he actually wrote that 95% of his support requests could have been solved by a simple look into the manual.

You're making (or trying to make) nothing look like something - here's two really simple questions for you (in another perhaps useless attempt to break it down for you):

- what does the statement about a big or maybe even huge number of users reporting bugs which are actually user-errors say about the number/amount of bugs that actually DO exist in software? (hint: the answer is of course "nothing").

- what does it have to do with this thread anyway? (hint: the answer is of course "nothing")

Return to “Effects”