Recommendations for acoustic drum one-shots for Drum and Bass

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

I'm just looking for some recommendations for acoustic drumkit one-shots that I can use for, among other things, Drum and Bass genres.

I'm aware that there are some good plugins that do multi-sampled drums like EZDrummer and Addictive Drums but my feeling is that I don't need all the extra bells and whistles, at least not right now. I'm quite happy sequencing one-shots in my DAW and I don't need a library of MIDI grooves or all the extras that come with these products.

I've got masses of "electronic" drum samples and a fair few loops but I'd like acoustic one-shots so I can create my own drum beats from scratch. I wouldn't be against some more loops if they're dry (minimal or zero FX and ambience) and acoustic so I can slice and dice but I'd like to be able to supplement a loop-based workflow with one shots.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Zero-G Total Drums Bundle - I'm very happy with and it covers all my 1-shot needs. It's not acoustic only but it has too. Read product description for that matter carefully. It's a library well organized in folders. Quantity for the price is also exceptional: 10'000 BDs, 10'000 SDs and 10'000 HHs

You might like some of my drum stuff. The Live Drum Racks contain velocity layered 24 bit wavs. The Tape Drum Packs contain loads of acoustic hits & matching loops. There's a free Tama kit to download too. They're all recorded dry.

Audio demos on my website:
http://www.thecontrolcentre.com

Thanks for the suggestions. The Total Drum bundle looks huge but strangely I can't find any audio demos on the site, or anywhere else! It's clearly great value for money but I need to hear some demos first. I'm a bit hesitant to buy one of these enormous libraries because I know I'll end up browsing for hours and never actually making a choice and produce some tunes!

For anyone interested I found these bicubic libraries which are targeted at DnB. The samples are acoustic but with some extra processing and they sound great to my ears:

https://bicubicaudio.com/products/exotic-drums
https://bicubicaudio.com/products/exotic-drums-2

Drumdrops offer their kits in one-shot and slightly bigger multi-velocity versions, and they have some retro soul, Motown, funk etc. sounds which should be perfect for drum and bass. That Sound is also good for kits with smaller amounts of velocity layers but unique sounds, in a more modern way, but those are considerably more expensive than the small Drumdrops packs.

Yep the drum packs by thecontrolcentre and drumdrops sound great, as does an excellent dnb sample library by KJ Sawka which was produced by Loopmasters (I think).

You also also like these :

VINTAGE DRUMS | Vol01

12BIT DRUMMER

Which DAW are you using? Most of them come with some kind of acoustic kit.

BTW, addictive drums can be bought quite cheap, maybe on a 50% sale the custom bundle could be quite great value. What I really like about them is that they have some kits with very specific character as Vintage dry, jazz brushes, session percussion.
dedication to flying

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”