[ hardware ] repairing Korg KPR-77 drum machine

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.
I have an old analogue Korg KPR-77 drum machine, but the sequencer part looks like it is broken (it doesn't play the correct pattern's length and notes : it only plays all the samples together on a single note, repeated endlessly !)...
I searched the web for possible solutions / tips / tricks, but i didn't find anything...
ANy advice ?
WOuld anybody know a trick , a possible fix to that issue, or any advice on how to open the box and find out what's wrong ?

Thank you !

Open it and check for an internal battery. They can leak and cause all kinds of damage. That's about what i know about restoring old analog gear,i'm afraid.

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/
http://www.vintagesynth.org/phpBB2/index.php
Check out these forums.Maybe someone there knows anything if you don't get any info here.

Thank you, i didn't know these sites...

I had one of those in 1984, it was f**king horrible. Throw it away.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

someone sent me an old broky one to mod i haven't gotten to.. just needs triggers replaced and a bunch of potentiometers and switches to wig the sounds out with :)

might at least be worth a look and see if all the traces are clean and intact.. might solve the trouble right there. unfortunately france is a bit far to offer sending this one.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

what about your old "DIY repair" article, "Mr E"?

xoxos wrote:unfortunately france is a bit far to offer sending this one.
Yes, indeed, but this is a kind proposition, anyway.
what about your old "DIY repair" article, "Mr E"?"
What is this article ?

sinkmusic wrote:
what about your old "DIY repair" article, "Mr E"?"
What is this article ?
well I'd rather rurik linked it, not wishing to...whatever...

but anyway.

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/arti ... =97&LANG=0

I found it helpful a while ago, although it's been quite a while since I read it, so I can't remember how applicable it is to a KPR77.

I seem to remember caveats along the lines of "if you or your gear goes 'pzzzzt', you ain't seen me...", which is fair enough, but it's free advice based on experience, which is fairer. :hihi:

I have an old analogue Korg KPR-77 drum machine, but the sequencer part looks like it is broken (it doesn't play the correct pattern's length and notes : it only plays all the samples together on a single note, repeated endlessly !)...
Sorry for the ridiculously old thread pickup, but did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have the exact same problem with my KPR77.

It's been... 12 years ? :o
I don't remember, but i know that in the end it was a user error : the sequencer works fine, but i would advise to stick to the user manual to be 100% to do the (tricky) way it's supposed to be ;)
Good luck !

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”