First commercial ITB Track ever?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember an article where trevor horn said welcome to the pleasuredome (fgth) was the first title he recorded and edited in the box (pro tools). So, mid 80s.

Mattt12345 wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:Ricky Martin - Livin' la Vida Loca.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :party:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livin%27_la_Vida_Loca
"This song was the first U.S. number one single to be recorded without using then-conventional recording studio equipment; instead the track was created at Desmond Child's Gentlemen's Club Studio,[3] which utilizes a 64-track Pro Tools system."

budweiser wrote:I remember an article where trevor horn said welcome to the pleasuredome (fgth) was the first title he recorded and edited in the box (pro tools). So, mid 80s.
Pro Tools wasn't even available then. It was recorded on a Sony Dash 3324 and mixed on a SSL 4000 (like everything else at that time).

jupiter8 wrote:
budweiser wrote:I remember an article where trevor horn said welcome to the pleasuredome (fgth) was the first title he recorded and edited in the box (pro tools). So, mid 80s.
Pro Tools wasn't even available then. It was recorded on a Sony Dash 3324 and mixed on a SSL 4000 (like everything else at that time).
Yeah, pro tools was out in 91 and wttp in 84 so i must be wrong. Mèries memories... :lol:

vurt wrote:yup, that's what hal was tipping his hat too in space odyssey.
figurative hat obviously, computers don't wear hats.
Red Hat Linux didn't come out until 1994, but there's this:

well, im not one to ignore new evidence! thank you for broadening my knowledge.

This robot used to have a hat ...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”