Tutorial: how to build a scannable wavetable oscillator

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since people have been asking for a native wavetable synth, here is instructions how to make one by yourself.

It can glitch a bit, but in those cases just imagine you own a rare 100,000$ 80s digi synth :D

The outcome is quite dependent on the export settings in Audio-Term, the ones presented are a good balance.

There's also a simple example preset to get you started.

The great thing about this is, that you can now use wavetables from Serum, Komplexer etc.

https://aavepyora.wordpress.com/2018/02 ... in-bitwig/

Great idea!

I put the Example in my Presets folder, I see it in Bitwig browser, but it won't load... have I missed something T-K?

Hmm, it's a sampler device so it should be in the Bitwig Library\Presets\Sampler directory. I forgot to mention that, I will add that to the text.
Also just dragging into the BW window might work.

Which Bitwig version did you use to create this preset? It won't load in v2.2.3?

Ah, beta5, I should have mentioned that too!

I added a preset for 2.2.3 to the tutorial, and also found out to make the sound glitch in wonderful ways:

after the sound is programmed as normal, lower the Loop End value to somewhere around 50-100ms and let the Loop Start (both in the status field of the Sampler, not the knobs!) stay at zero. I'm not sure what's going on, but I love what I'm hearing :D

I also think that the Sampler sounds a bit different in 2.3 beta 5 than 2.2.3, I'm not sure if something small is changed. I might have mistaken also... But I think some sounds that played pretty clean in beta5 crackle a bit more in 2.2.3.

Thanks @Taika-Kim! :tu:

This is fantastic. I can see myself having a LOT of fun with it.

Return to “Bitwig”