FARGIN *INCREDIBLE* MAGIX Sale...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.jrrshop.com/magix-samplitud ... ite-bundle

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy this. For Sound Forge alone... I like Audition, but I think if I can get something comparable I will ditch it since their f**king subscriber bullshit. I'm still on V3.1 as a result. Is Sound Forge just as able and easy to navigate... only audio editing. (please say yes)

Don't know anything about the sequencer... is it stable?

Can the fx in Sound forge be used as vst in other daws/editors? Is there an ever cheaper upgrade option from a previous samplitude version?

Samplitude rocks, very intuitive and powerful.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

As telecharge posted topic link..
here is the Magix link for $149.
https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=2473 ... mlinks.com

SoundForge is a mature audio editor... similar to the audio editing of Audition. However it is not multi track like Audition...
The deal also includes Spectral Layers and ofc Samplitude... a Major (27 years mature) but not well known DAW,...
It is used quiet a bit in the pro broadcast industry as well as a full music production DAW... very comprehensive and yes stable )))

I dont think Soundforge has a spectral view and spectral editing like Audition. You link out to spectral layers which is amazing but also a bit buggy. I would rather Audition but bought that bundle because I couldn't justify the Adobe subs pricing. Don't regret it though as soundforge is good even without the spectral editing. The Magix bundle is amazing at that price, and I am hoping that the upgrade pricing is sensible as, if Magix can work a bit on debugging spectralayers and adding in a few simple things like exporting layers as stems, then the package will be quite amazing for creative sound design.

Samplitude is also very good if you need a DAW

Paycheck in few days, let's demo Samplitude again. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

$167.16 in the basket at JRR with group code - might work out slightly cheaper for some depending on sales tax treatment at MAGIX.

I've been getting emails from MAGIX about this offer for a while now. It really seems like a good deal, but MAGIX hasn't really updated Sound Forge since they acquired it from Sony. I still have Sony Sound Forge 9, and they have never really offered a discounted update to former Sound Forge users for updating to version 11. So, I moved to Wavelab 9.5 Pro, which I did get a discount on from Steinberg. Samplitude usually sells for a LOT more than what this offer is for, so much so that it makes me wonder why they would ever sell it for this price. I guess it's a "no-brainer" if you are in the market for a DAW and audio editor/mastering suite. Unfortunately, I'm not at this time.

Then again, at this price? Who knows? Maybe I'll jump on it. It's been extended for a few days.

Email their support. They offered a nice upgrade to me when I asked.

Their forums are also active. They asked what we'd like to see in future versions of Sound Forge Pro. So 64-bit is probably coming, among other things. They're listening.

Magix has been around for a while and has always served the mass market. So lowering the price for more customers is consistent with their approach.

Debutante wrote:https://www.jrrshop.com/magix-samplitud ... ite-bundle

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy this. For Sound Forge alone... I like Audition, but I think if I can get something comparable I will ditch it since their f**king subscriber bullshit. I'm still on V3.1 as a result. Is Sound Forge just as able and easy to navigate... only audio editing. (please say yes)

Don't know anything about the sequencer... is it stable?
Personally Samplitude isn't for me, but Soundforge I use almost every day and have done for as long as I can remember. It's got a great workflow for me, I also have Wavelab Elements and use it for some things but the SF workflow is much faster for me. It looks old and it is and it lacks the elegance of Wavelab and probably Audition(which I've never used). I went for this deal because I never upgraded from 10 to 11, there wasn't any features that tempted me to upgrade in the past, but to also get Spectralayers makes this deal insane value which was always very expensive in the Sony days and is a great program.

One of the best things about SF is that you can write scripts to do just about anything you want if you can code at all, this alone has saved me endless hours by building batch scripts to take care of mundane editing tasks. But be aware that it only uses 32-bit VST plugins if that's important (Personally the only external VSTs I use in there are the Ozone apps). The only time I go over to Wavelab is for editing single cycles as it has a superb loop tuner in comparison, I would use it more if they had a Soundforge mode of working with shortcuts etc.. which you would think would be high on their list of things to do in an attempt to steal hardcore SF users like myself.

Lots of people love samplitude and it's a very powerful DAW, but has a serious learning curve. Personally I prefer a simpler interface but it's nice to have anyway.

I think that soundforge 12 is imminent, I did buy the new Magix cut down version to have a play with and it's much slicker so hopefully there will be a sensible upgrade price when it arrives.

Astralp wrote:I think that soundforge 12 is imminent, I did buy the new Magix cut down version to have a play with and it's much slicker so hopefully there will be a sensible upgrade price when it arrives.
"The new generation of SOUND FORGE Pro will be released in Spring 2018" - is what it says at https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-forge-pro/

"Highlights in SOUND FORGE Pro 12:
- A powerful 64-bit version
- Full VST3 support
- Includes new professional effects including from Sequoia
- High-quality dithering with POW-r algorithms
- Wave Hammer 2.0
- and much more..."

After ~20 years I left SF for Reaper having moved to a 64-bit only system and it was a wrench - there are many things that SF does so blazingly quickly and it's not just about muscle memory. Reaper's customisation and scripting is really powerful and re-learning ways to do things took a bit of time but it has proved to be a very worthwhile change. Interested to see what SF 12 will bring but it is going to be a tough sell now :/

ik_ik_ik wrote:
"Highlights in SOUND FORGE Pro 12:
- A powerful 64-bit version
- Full VST3 support
- Includes new professional effects including from Sequoia
- High-quality dithering with POW-r algorithms
- Wave Hammer 2.0
- and much more..."
Cant wait. 64bit support has been a long time coming. I wonder how much the upgrade will cost.

Oh great! I just hope it isn't a silly upgrade price, because in reality SF already fulfills all of my needs, new and shiny is nice but yes it needs to be attractively priced especially in the current climate, I imagine many people have moved on like yourself and it doesn't have the loyalty/market share it once had.

Upgrade is £149 ...
https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-fo ... mlinks.com

The page is a little confusing. There appears to be a free upgrade available too.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Upgrade is £149 ...
https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-fo ... mlinks.com

The page is a little confusing. There appears to be a free upgrade available too.
Upgrade to 11 is £149. Including free upgrade to SOUND FORGE Pro 12 (£299 / A$499 value) <- whatever that bit means or half the other prices/values/discounts they mention...

I don't think I've seen it explicitly stated that SF 11, as included in the Samplitude Pro X3 Suite bundle, would qualify for a free upgrade to SF 12 or what the upgrade price would be.

The Magix marketing is a little bewildering to say the least...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”