Emergency! Need Synth ASAP (Contest Ends March 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Biotek is no more a ROMpler than Hexeract - it will play custom samples. As it has a full four-op FM oscillator on each layer, it is far more capable. It does however have a v2 update looming that adds granular synthesis so not a great choice for the short term from a commercial soundset perspective.

However, classy move on getting the refund and still putting the boot into Hexeract. A true gent. I expected nothing less.

Element 2.0, with 2.0 being the crucial element here ( pun intended i guess).

1.0 is crap but 2.0 is with Xils and U-he up there with the best for analog emulation imo.
At 29 dollars a real bargain.

Stefken wrote:Element 2.0, with 2.0 being the crucial element here ( pun intended i guess).

1.0 is crap but 2.0 is with Xils and U-he up there with the best for analog emulation imo.
At 29 dollars a real bargain.
Honestly, hesitant to get it after getting 1.0.

wagtunes wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Its a long list and pretty early in the morning here, but I did not see Biotek on the list. I just got a free copy with my renewal of PT 12. Looks interesting.
https://www.tracktion.com/products/biotek

If I overlooked on your list, sorry. :)
Biotek is a rompler..
What's your definition of 'rompler' then?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Rapture Pro, DiscoDSP Corona, Sylenth, NI Razor, Diversion, PPG Wave3...

OR get yourself a copy of Reason 10 and start making some refills for rack extensions and stock devices :tu:

Though if you dig too deep in to Reason, I'm a bit afraid that you won't find your way back anymore.

You turn into ones and zeros.

whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Its a long list and pretty early in the morning here, but I did not see Biotek on the list. I just got a free copy with my renewal of PT 12. Looks interesting.
https://www.tracktion.com/products/biotek

If I overlooked on your list, sorry. :)
Biotek is a rompler..
What's your definition of 'rompler' then?
Very gray area here. Some would call Omnisphere a rompler. Where I draw the line (and granted, this is very subjective) is how much programability is built into the synth.

For example, take away all the samples from Omnisphere and it still has a more than decent synth engine that blows away many dedicated synths without samples. Biotek, on the other hand, after demoing it, I find to have very limited programming capabilities. Since it's been so long since I did demo it, I don't recall specifically what the number was but it was few. At least few IMO.

Again, it's a gray area and everybody is going to have their own opinion. But for me, Nexus and Biotek don't fit in my criteria for what I would call a programmable synth.

Hi Wagtunes

I didn't see this on your list:http://www.loomer.co.uk/aspect.htm

A very nice sounding synth in my opinion.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Distorted Horizon wrote:Rapture Pro, DiscoDSP Corona, Sylenth, NI Razor, Diversion, PPG Wave3...

OR get yourself a copy of Reason 10 and start making some refills for rack extensions and stock devices :tu:

Though if you dig too deep in to Reason, I'm a bit afraid that you won't find your way back anymore.

You turn into ones and zeros.
Rapture Pro I own. Not sure why it's not on the list. After the closing of DiscoDSP lost confidence in the site. Sylenth1 on my list of never in a million years and I explained my reasons. Razor I own as part of Komplete 11 Ultimate. Diversion I hate the sound of. Like Thorn a lot more. PPG Wave 3 GUI is a train wreck. I demo'd it and don't like it or the sound.

Reason is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down for too many reasons to get into here, not the least of which is that integrating it with Cubase is going to be a nightmare, if at all even possible. Believe me, I'd love to own Thor. But as I can't use it with any of my Cubase projects, it's pointless.

sbj wrote:Hi Wagtunes

I didn't see this on your list:http://www.loomer.co.uk/aspect.htm

A very nice sounding synth in my opinion.
Doesn't fulfill criteria 9.

Ppg wave 3, loom II, korg collection

Stefken wrote:Ppg wave 3, loom II, korg collection
Loom 1 blew up my Cubase so badly I had to reinstall it. I own the Korg Collection except for Odyssey, which I have no interest in. It doesn't meet criteria 9. PPG 3, as I said, horrible GUI and hate the sound.

Rent a mac and get P 900. :wink:

I don't see Gladiator2 or Surge on the list.

You don't have Chromaphone or Ultra Analog on your list.

Also, since it's becoming more difficult to find additional synths, you could do some host specific synths. For example, Tension is the Ableton version of String Studio. You already have a String Studio soundset so it should be easy to translate it to the Live version. Are people selling soundsets for host specific synths?

It's pretty hard to suggest anything, you already have so many synths... Honestly, I have no idea.

Maybe you could make a library for a drum plugin (but I don't recall any new drum virtual synth in recent times) or you can get creative with a sampler (like TAL Sampler) or build something in Reaktor... just to try something slightly different than the "usual" synths, which can be refreshing. Is there any particular area of sound design that you have not explored yet (or not enough)?
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Return to “Instruments”