Emergency! Need Synth ASAP (Contest Ends March 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about Rob Papen's Predator 2 ? Tons of fun to program. Not saturated with commercial banks. :wink:

https://www.robpapen.com/Predator2.html
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Given the recommendations, your experience with sythesizers, and the targetted market, maybe getting into Reaktor really would be the logical choice.

Examigan wrote:You said no Sylenth1 suggestions, but I don't get why you say there's no money it in that one. :?
Because the market is saturated with sound libraries and the kind of patches I make will not appeal to the people who use Sylenth1. Forget that the synth itself is vastly overpriced and overrated given its age and how so many synths that have come out since blow it away as far as sound quality.

I can honestly say that Sylenth1 is probably one synth that I will never buy.

chk071 wrote:Given the recommendations, your experience with sythesizers, and the targetted market, maybe getting into Reaktor really would be the logical choice.
I don't like creating libraries for Reaktor synths (as great as they are) because of that horrendous patch management system. That thing absolutely needs to go.

wagtunes wrote: I can honestly say that Sylenth1 is probably one synth that I will never buy.
TBH, if i didn't already own it, i'd also recommend something else. It's not really a "must have" these days. It mainly lives from its name nowadays IMO.

Teksonik wrote:How about Rob Papen's Predator 2 ? Tons of fun to program. Not saturated with commercial banks. :wink:

https://www.robpapen.com/Predator2.html
I downloaded and tried out the demo but the GUI just didn't click with me. Nothing to do with the size. It's plenty big. But way too much wasted space at the bottom. Areas too cramped. Really could have been designed better.

Having said that, it's not a total deal breaker and if I had to turn to it, I probably could. It's just not my first choice.

Right now, with the Biotek improvements, that's looking like the front runner. When I get back this afternoon (going out in a few) I'll compile the list of possible synths (right now it's about 5 or 6) and make my decision from them.

But at least I'm seeing some daylight. I will get something that was mentioned here today so this wasn't all for nothing. Right now, Biotek is in the lead.

wagtunes wrote:
Examigan wrote:You said no Sylenth1 suggestions, but I don't get why you say there's no money it in that one. :?
Forget that the synth itself is vastly overpriced..
OK, but you can get it for a month or two with their payment plan (about $12 a month), make a bank with it, and then stop paying for it when you'd like.

Here are the 3 synths so far that I'm considering

Biotek
SubBoomBass
Element 2

Biotek is way in the lead on this one.

On March 1, I'll lock up this thread and notify the winner via PM.

So did you try http://www.kvraudio.com/news/monoplugs- ... v1-1-40420

(wasn't sure if you missed this early post)

Nocturnal909 wrote:So did you try http://www.kvraudio.com/news/monoplugs- ... v1-1-40420

(wasn't sure if you missed this early post)
I've already demo'd it. GUI is a train wreck.

How can you exhaust a list of 100 synths, you've only been at it a couple of years
Amazon: why not use an alternative

112dB Cascade
RetroSynth
Alchemy

Take this as an opportunity to focus in more depth on what you already have, learn what you like best more comprehensively, and thus produce better quality and less superficially programmed sounds. It's a message that your current approach is really unsustainable, so you may get a few suggestions to take you into say July or August but the same problem will keep coming up.

aMUSEd wrote:Take this as an opportunity to focus in more depth on what you already have, learn what you like best more comprehensively, and thus produce better quality and less superficially programmed sounds. It's a message that your current approach is really unsustainable, so you may get a few suggestions to take you into say July or August but the same problem will keep coming up.
That sounds fairly reasonable!

aMUSEd wrote:Take this as an opportunity to focus in more depth on what you already have, learn what you like best more comprehensively, and thus produce better quality and less superficially programmed sounds. It's a message that your current approach is really unsustainable, so you may get a few suggestions to take you into say July or August but the same problem will keep coming up.
^ ^ This

Return to “Instruments”