ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

It would be great if the latency of Bus Compressor could be reduced..It's a great plugin,but the latency is a little too high for tracking purposes... Also,the latency in Evoke is really high...
No auto tune...

I don't even know how to get levels working right in Barricade4 in Reaper. I move the left hand sliders and get no makeup gain. Some quick videos would be helpful.

But yes Reelbus and Tape need put together for a 4 version

In the meanwhile, TB EQ 4.0.4 is available...

Equalizer 4.0.4

A/B switch now retains (modified) preset names
Piano keyboard can now be clicked to set frequency of the currently active equalizer section
Improved logic for hosts to disable plugins when no signal is being processed
Various minor fixes and stability improvements

- Mario

acousticglue wrote:I don't even know how to get levels working right in Barricade4 in Reaper. I move the left hand sliders and get no makeup gain. Some quick videos would be helpful.

The lefthand sliders in Barricade 4 are Input Modeller (Saturation) and Peak Compression thresholds, not makeup gain. There's an "Auto Makeup" checkbox for the compressor and a Gain knob in Limiter section.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
acousticglue wrote:I don't even know how to get levels working right in Barricade4 in Reaper. I move the left hand sliders and get no makeup gain. Some quick videos would be helpful.

I think you're moving the wrong sliders :D
That's the problem with this technology...

It's too bloody confusing...

It's never user error...it's all down to confusing labelling...

So I propose that the compressor section be renamed "Squish" and the limiter be renamed "Squash"....

Get rid of all of the other controls because the're just confusing things even further,but you could have a "dumb button" that is an AI override and it just takes care of the whole process for you...

No user input necessary :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
Vortifex wrote:

I think you're moving the wrong sliders :D
That's the problem with this technology...

It's too bloody confusing...

It's never user error...it's all down to confusing labelling...

So I propose that the compressor section be renamed "Squish" and the limiter be renamed "Squash"....

Get rid of all of the other controls because the're just confusing things even further,but you could have a "dumb button" that is an AI override and it just takes care of the whole process for you...

No user input necessary :wink:
Yes please! A dumb button for me. :D

You could even call it the Spark button. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Anyone who compared EQ4 to Waves F6? F6 now has a spectrum analyser.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Anyone who compared EQ4 to Waves F6? F6 now has a spectrum analyser.
Spectrum analyzers are for beginners.

Sorry, inside joke from F6 thread :ud:

MogwaiBoy wrote:
v1o wrote:Anyone who compared EQ4 to Waves F6? F6 now has a spectrum analyser.
Spectrum analyzers are for beginners.

Sorry, inside joke from F6 thread :ud:
Well past the age of 40 you slowly lose the physical ability to hear past 15k. So they sure come in handy!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Having a weird thing happening in Studio one; if the plugin UI is open, and you put S1 into play, then try using the '-' and '+' keys from the numpad for fast rewind or fast forward, the transport goes into a freewheeling wind mode... ( i'm using a Cubase key command template)

Usually, I can press and hold those keys to wind forward/back, but as soon as you release, the transport resumes play mode (if you're doing this whilst in play mode). Works ok with other plugins open.

But, with TB EQ4, the transport just goes freewheeling off; you can go one way or the other toggling the keys, but it'll never resume a play mode when releasing the keys.

Anyone else..? (I'm using the VST3 version 4.0.4 and trying this on a stereo track)

TIA
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Can we have a zero latency mode? If the latency is needed for the AI assistant then I really don't need it and instead I want to be able to have EQ4 in my default track template and be able to track through it with no latency concerns.

Bouroki wrote:Can we have a zero latency mode? If the latency is needed for the AI assistant then I really don't need it and instead I want to be able to have EQ4 in my default track template and be able to track through it with no latency concerns.
The 1.5ms latency is quite small and is needed for the dynamics. Unfortunately the principle of time and frequency uncertainty tells us that we can have high frequency resolution, or high time resolution, but not both simultaneously unless we cut corners which will impact sound quality in a negative way...

djeroen wrote:
Bouroki wrote:Can we have a zero latency mode? If the latency is needed for the AI assistant then I really don't need it and instead I want to be able to have EQ4 in my default track template and be able to track through it with no latency concerns.
The 1.5ms latency is quite small and is needed for the dynamics. Unfortunately the principle of time and frequency uncertainty tells us that we can have high frequency resolution, or high time resolution, but not both simultaneously unless we cut corners which will impact sound quality in a negative way...

Reminds me of ...Speed, quality and price.....pick 2.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

djeroen wrote:
Thanks for the answer. The problem is that a DAW like Reaper rounds even the tiniest reported latency up to the buffer size, unless the plugin is in the Input FX. That is not your problem of course and it is up to me to try and find a way to live with it. Otherwise this is definitely my dream EQ...

Return to “Effects”