Tracktion Waveform v9 available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:You never know - could be a bug that only happens under very rare conditions... if you can be arsed it would probably best to send them a bug report including your crash log...
You are absolutely right, but if I'm only one having it, it's not worth their and mine time to get to the bottom of it anyways, especially for so trivial and workaroundable bug like this.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I have the latest versions of Studio One and Ableton Live, yet I still find Waveform to be special! :clap:

So I do not understand all the whining about the upgrade fee. It is much lower than competing products. These developers are doing something unique to create an inspiring tool to create music with.

If you are fine with the current version, then great, be happy! But upgrading will continue to support the development of this interesting product. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:he didn't say they where bug free.
he said obviously the bug wasn't universal, ie it only effected a small number(1 we know of) so must have been something that didn't effect beta testers, which a universal bug would of course.
How little experience in software and releases do you have to have, to make such a dense statement?!
you think a bug that wouldn't allow beta testers to even open the program would have passed beta testing?

and im the dense one...
So these beta testers registered the software the same way as users after the official release?!

Dense indeed...
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

zzz00m wrote:I have the latest versions of Studio One and Ableton Live, yet I still find Waveform to be special! :clap:

So I do not understand all the whining about the upgrade fee. It is much lower than competing products. These developers are doing something unique to create an inspiring tool to create music with.

If you are fine with the current version, then great, be happy! But upgrading will continue to support the development of this interesting product. :D
All the whining about upgrade fee, you are kidding right, this is not exactly a busy thread, its Waveform, it doesn’t hold interest for enough people to call it “All the whining” and lets be honest, we will all be getting an email every three weeks for “Xyz sale day” from Tracktion, anybody who pays full price for this is a tit.
Duh

bungle wrote:... anybody who pays full price for this is a tit.
Or just have understood, that companies have to make some income to be able to improove a product further...
If a difference in price of 20-30$ ruins you... bad for you, but there are others who are less poor and are happy to pay this price for such a great update!!!!

I wished all you kiddies would have already lived when I was young, where cracks not existed and you had to pay thousands of bucks for instruments, which are only able to produce one sound with a very limited number of voices...
Building up a studio like you got with nowadays software was the same like buying a big house and you are whining about 30,-$... :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:
he said obviously the bug wasn't universal, ie it only effected a small number(1 we know of) so must have been something that didn't effect beta testers, which a universal bug would of course.
How little experience in software and releases do you have to have, to make such a dense statement?!
you think a bug that wouldn't allow beta testers to even open the program would have passed beta testing?

and im the dense one...
So these beta testers registered the software the same way as users after the official release?!

Yes... there was an open beta for existing Tracktion users for about 6 weeks and we registered the beta the same way like you do now with the released version...

BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:

and im the dense one...
That's exactly what beta testers did. How little experience of Tracktion's beta releases do you have to have, to ask such a dense question?!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I feel I can complain about the price or whine or whatever . It's gone up . Yes I'll wait for a SALE . Enjoy wasting your money . I wasted my money on the W8 release , to find alot of things not working right .

beginning to wish I hadn't started this thread

tonymax wrote:beginning to wish I hadn't started this thread
No ! don't be , to be completely honest Waveform9 is a nice release . They fixed up multi out on racks to where it easy to setup they goofed up racks in the W8 release , have a real multi sampler this time Collective in W8 was dog crap , this sampler is alot nicer than most native DAW samplers . it also has alot of new things similar to Cubase , Bitwig , and Live minus the whole clip launcher thing . Who knows they might add that sooner or later too ? So , it has grown up quite a bit . I have to further test some things still and was just gonna buy it , I hate the demo hiss ... the Waveform 8 release the whole cycle of it just felt a mess to me I actually moved to use something else and some folks went back to T7. Seems Waveform 9 is a good release .

Say that again. Waveform 9 is just lovely. Stable and filled to the rim.

I was on the fence on this update, being a hobbyist with little need for advanced features. But the Multi-Sampler and vastly improved modifiers just look too useful to dismiss. Building custom percussion/drum kits adapted to the Waverform midi step clip format looks extremely simple and fast, and the modifiers should be both timesaving and inspiring. The whole combination of presets/tags/faceplates could render products like EZMix and one-trick pony plugins like doublers etc obsolete if a bit of work is put into it. Promising stuff. Stable so far here, though I haven't had time to use it much.

Trancit wrote:
BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:

and im the dense one...

Yes... there was an open beta for existing Tracktion users for about 6 weeks and we registered the beta the same way like you do now with the released version...

can we get a "mic drop" emoticon?

vurt wrote:can we get a "mic drop" emoticon?
I always rather liked this mic-drop performance:

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

whyterabbyt wrote:
BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:

and im the dense one...
That's exactly what beta testers did. How little experience of Tracktion's beta releases do you have to have, to ask such a dense question?!
My point still stands. Beta testers doesn't necessarily catch "universal" bugs.

So beta testers registered the same way as users after the official release, still there are bugs with that process.
Dense indeed.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”