Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZeePok wrote:
bibz1st wrote:If you click the empty slot in your rack you can navigate to your chosen VST from there

Don't like using that loading/browsing dialog. It's just not intuitive enough. I'd rather use the browser window. :)
For me it's actually the opposite: I only use the cracks and hide the browser window. That way I also get more space for the composer area.

This just goes to show that MuLab has options for us all! :)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Any news about Mulab 8 timeframe and features ?

The one and only feature that i publicly talk about is timestretching.
It's complicated to get it all right. A huge amount of R&D has already been done and the sound of the timestretching is ok, happy with that, but i'm unsure about the speed, and that's also an important aspect wrt workflow. So i will still need more R&D time on this. How much? Can't answer that question myself yet, as it depends on further test results.

M8 may also be about (much) more too, but i prefer not to communicate about that yet.
Also because i have not yet decided whether certain MU dreams/goals will be realized within this M8 R&D cycle or postponed to M9.
Again it also depends on how the current R&D evolves.

So i can't give a usable timeframe yet.
The only thing i can say is that i'm working on things full time and that i'm eager to progress.

To keep a balance M7 will also continue to evolve.

Thanks a lot Jo. I'm sure your new creature will be appealing.
Nice to know you are already thinking about M9 as well...

Spencer Maddox wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Time-stretching, um, what is that good for?
You might Not use TS but that's actually a big thing for alot of people. Myself included. Glad to see its on its way!
This is the only stuff is missing on Mulab it is really really great features of any DAW some producers rely on it I don't like the audacity's time stretching its not that precise.
Think of a vocal sample slowing it down but the problem when slowing it down it will change its pitch that's how timestretching/pitchshifting works :)

Clip launch like Live would be nice. Or pattern selector like Orion DAW had. Or why not both if possible :) :love: I had Mulab when it was on version 4 or 5, but since then i have switched to Ableton Live Lite. I think it's awesome, but a bit limited. Would like Suite, but it is very expensive.

BrokenTrance wrote:Clip launch like Live would be nice. Or pattern selector like Orion DAW had. Or why not both if possible :) :love: I had Mulab when it was on version 4 or 5, but since then i have switched to Ableton Live Lite. I think it's awesome, but a bit limited. Would like Suite, but it is very expensive.
If you have lots of VSTs you could always do standard. Sill a bit pricey but It gives you everything In ableton itself. Just Minus M4L and many of the Stock Instruments. But The Essential features of Ableton itself are all there. And you wouldn't be stuck with only 8 Tracks anymore.

As for the thing with a clip launcher. I don’t know how much work that would take to implement but it would be cool I suppose. It would play into Mulabs big focus on Electronic music composition. Personally it’s not a big wish for me but I use Mulab for different things.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Looking forward to the next version of MuLab. I hope to see more elements that can be used for live performances. A Sampla module with it's own independent mappable transport functions (play, pause, stop, loop, etc) and the ability to queue up the next sample to play after the last one ends would be ideal. Of course...only a suggestion.

I understand that it's a solo project and many have different uses for MuLab. And I know you already have a lot going on as it is. So it's no pressure. Either way, the work you're doing is greatly appreciated...and I'll be supporting. Been using MuLab since MuLab 3.

Bless up.
Stay cool.
The Works of Tryezz: Spreading Vitality and Wisdom with the Arts and the Groove
http://www.tryezz.com

Not really used TS much. Will MuLabs TS be realtime?
That was my main reason for never using it, but that was back in 2000!
If it's not realtime, no good to me. But can't imagine it would be.
:hihi: :lol:

Atm i prefer to not yet give more details about M8, sorry.
The only thing that i can say is that timestretching is the highlighted new feature (and maybe more) and that M8 R&D is progressing. Until M8 will have been released, there also will be new M7 updates from time to time.

mutools wrote:Atm i prefer to not yet give more details about M8, sorry.
The only thing that i can say is that timestretching is the highlighted new feature (and maybe more)

Ahhhh...ol' MuTools, modest as usual...

of course I don't expect my feature requests to make it in, :hihi: 8)

I'm wait'n for MuLab 10!!!

Hope Mulab 8 hopefully be in beta Cant wait to test it

I hope it's all going well Jo. Just a little post of encouragement if you are in the middle of M8 development. :clap:

cant wait keep checking everyday :( look forward to when it is released keep working hard jo :tu:
Last edited by runaudio on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

chuckwood wrote:I hope it's all going well Jo. Just a little post of encouragement
Thanks!
if you are in the middle of M8 development. :clap:
I am !!

Certain technical complications cause that it all takes much more time than i ever expected.
But M8 R&D is progressing constantly and one day it surely will be there.
We are all much looking forward to it :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”