Opening Files in Acoustica 7

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still demoing Acoustica 7, and I've run into an odd behavior when it comes to opening files (I'm on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3).

All I want to do is double-click an audio file in the Finder window and have it open in Acoustica. But while I can easily assign file types to particular applications in MacOS, and get Acoustica to properly launch when I click on an audio file, it won't actually load that file.

The user manual lists three ways of opening files: from the main menu, from the media browser, and with drag-and-drop. But surely double-clicking on files and having them open up in an application is basic file behavior on a Mac (or a Windows machine, for that matter)?

Is this a bug or a missing feature?

Hi!
sramsay wrote:I'm still demoing Acoustica 7, and I've run into an odd behavior when it comes to opening files (I'm on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3).

All I want to do is double-click an audio file in the Finder window and have it open in Acoustica. But while I can easily assign file types to particular applications in MacOS, and get Acoustica to properly launch when I click on an audio file, it won't actually load that file.

The user manual lists three ways of opening files: from the main menu, from the media browser, and with drag-and-drop. But surely double-clicking on files and having them open up in an application is basic file behavior on a Mac (or a Windows machine, for that matter)?

Is this a bug or a missing feature?
Thanks for reporting this issue. It seems to be the trial notice window that prevents the files from being opened. It works fine if Acoustica is running (after moving past the trial notice at start-up) and you repeat the procedure. After authorization it works normal as expected, at least on my Mac.

Best,
Stian

Sounds good. I will almost certainly be buying a copy soon.

Steve

sramsay wrote:Sounds good. I will almost certainly be buying a copy soon.
Thank you very much, Steve!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”