Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:Was the price ever confirmed on this one? I really like the sound and usability of this thing. Definitely going to pick one up if the rumoured 299 is true.
$300 as confirmed by Uli, himself.

Nick Batt giving a proper review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD8RmALHwQ

foosnark wrote:Nick Batt giving a proper review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD8RmALHwQ

Sounds really good, lots of mod options, and 300 is a cool price. The only downside is the position of midi in. If it was on the back i would pay right now....

AnX wrote:The only downside is the position of midi in.
I don't know why they stuck it on the front. If it didn't have other back panel jacks, I'd say it was for mounting it in Euro... but it does. I'll most likely use USB MIDI, otherwise I'd get a MIDI cable with a right-angle plug.

foosnark wrote:
AnX wrote:The only downside is the position of midi in.
I don't know why they stuck it on the front. If it didn't have other back panel jacks, I'd say it was for mounting it in Euro... but it does. I'll most likely use USB MIDI, otherwise I'd get a MIDI cable with a right-angle plug.
It is for eurorack. You can take it out of the case and build it into a eurorack case.

As soon as you use it in a eurorack setup, you wouldnt be using the connections on the back anymore

I wont be putting it in a rack.

mickbenjamins wrote:As soon as you use it in a eurorack setup, you wouldnt be using the connections on the back anymore
I'd prefer to use USB MIDI myself, racked or not. I'm not going to rack mine either, unless I find myself dumping at least 63HP of modules when I get my ER-301, and I don't expect to do that :)

Am I right in thinking that there's no way to get pitch CV out? That undermines the "Eurorack starter" aspect a bit if you need another midi/cv module. Still, at half the price of the Lifeforms SV1 that does leave some change for these things...

Hmm, there's a "MIDI GATE" out. I wonder if "ASSIGN" can be set to an incoming pitch CV? People have been speculating it's for velocity, aftertouch, mod wheel etc. though.

Since it's paraphonic there should really be two pitch CV outputs -- and since there are two summing mixers built in, I wonder if there's some funky normalling going on where you can get pitch CV 1 and 2 out of the SUM 1 and 2 outputs?

For MIDI-CV conversion I always recommend CV.OCD -- cheap, small, runs off guitar pedal power, much more configurable than most Eurorack MIDI-CV converters that cost a lot more, and has a ton of gate/trigger/clock outputs. Frequently sold out though and the gates are 5V (a few modules or LPGs work better with more).

So silent in here, did anyone manage to pick one up yet?

I just placed an order, a shop in the UK had them in stock, should be here in a few days :)

Where was that?

AnX wrote:Where was that?
Here: https://www.djkit.com/behringer/behring ... sizer.html

Never heard about the store before, but someone on Gearslutz posted about them this morning

mickbenjamins wrote:So silent in here, did anyone manage to pick one up yet?
Production was delayed, not sure there are many in the wild yet.

I decided against getting another synth to concentrate on FX instead, and the space I'd reserved for a Neutron has become a pedalboard. (That was before the brouhaha about Behringer threatening some of their critics with legal action.)

I ended up starting a pedal board too. It feels like a similar money sink as going modular...

Older picture, right now I have it all wired up, including re-amp and di-boxes

Right now I have:
-Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run
-Earthquaker Devices Westwood
-TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
-TC Electronic Hypergravity Compressor
-Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl Hifi
-Meris Polymoon
-Strymon Zuma

And I have the Cooper fx Generation Loss on the way

mickbenjamins wrote:I ended up starting a pedal board too. It feels like a similar money sink as going modular...
It does :) I'm trying to restrain myself and not duplicate too many effects between pedals, Euro and VST, but some pedals have a unique sound that appeals to me.

Right now I've got a Rat clone, an Earthquaker Afterneath and a Zoom MS-70CDR set up, and some of my older and less fun pedals in storage. I'd really like to add a Fairfield Shallow Water, Meris Mercury 7, Industrialectric RM-1N and a Gamechanger Plus, but probably not all of those are going to happen.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”