Midi keyboard studio one 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, Does any one know how to set up the m-audio keystation 88 mark 2 in studio one 3.I have the keys and pitch bend and mod wheel working but cant get how to get the buttonss for transport controls and other buttons going? Any help will be apreciated thanks

This worked for adding transport controls in Studio One 3 for my controllers. See the tutorial for details and images.

MIDI: External Devices/Control Surfaces Setup

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... aces-Setup

1. To add controls, open the MIX and click on External Devices on the lower left hand corner of your StudioOne browser. The drop down of your devices will open just to the right, right click on the device you would like to map out and chose Edit.

2. This will open a midi learn window, select the "MIDI Learn" button, that will allow you to map the controls of your device to your keyboard/controller. You can right click on the fader knobs to assign different behaviors to the controller.

3. As you move the controls on your device, they will show up in the Midi Learn Window.

4. Right clicking on a parameter will allow you to set the functionality.
Last edited by zzz00m on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

For transport bar there is a little bit more work. I know I've done it for my Oxygen 49 3rd gen. It ends up with manually editing the .xml file and adding every button. If you are good at tinkering with that you could use my setup https://www.dropbox.com/s/isc7trgbfwbv3 ... n.zip?dl=0 as a guide.

If your keyboard support MMC commands for the transport buttons (i can set up my Novation Impulse's transport buttons to MMC, or MIDI CC use), i think it also works with that. Only the "Loop" playback control won't work, as there is no MMC command for it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”