Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

fmr wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:I just really, really want a JD800/JD990 synth. There are other polysynths that would be cool, including the V-Synth just mentioned, but I would be satisfied if there were just a definitive JD plugin. It's what I've wanted for years :'D.
It's promised. So, it will just be a matter of time, because, up till know, they delivered everything they promised (except the revised Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 GUIs) :D
What revisions?

A virtual JD-990 with the Synth card would be interesting.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
fmr wrote:It's promised. So, it will just be a matter of time, because, up till know, they delivered everything they promised (except the revised Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 GUIs) :D
What revisions?
Revisions to the older plugins like the Jupiter 8 with better GUIs...

EvilDragon wrote:I'm not sure if they'd do the V-Synth...Did they confirm it?
There's a section on the Roland Cloud website where you can "request an instrument". Believe me that I've requested a JD800, a V-Synth and a Roland MKS-70 and they said they'd all be added to the list. They seem very open to suggestions!

With the expansion cards, I'd honestly prefer if they just did what Korg did with the KLC and just make them as part of one plugin rather then releasing them separately like they're doing with the SRX Orchestra. It just seems odd. They can make it where you can select which card you want to select and the patches load up. Maybe the GUI changes color a bit too or something.
Last edited by Shiek927 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes but they want you to stay in their subscription longer if you want to own each individual SRX. Pretty sneaky. :)

EvilDragon wrote:Yes but they want you to stay in their subscription longer if you want to own each individual SRX. Pretty sneaky. :)
We don't know of course, but I don't think that's the reason they did it that way - I think it's likely they just wanted to increase the plugin count, as they probably think the more instruments you get access to makes you more willing to buy in to the service...

EvilDragon wrote:Yes but they want you to stay in their subscription longer if you want to own each individual SRX. Pretty sneaky. :)
Ahh, it's inconvenient though haha! what if you want to layer an Orchestral patch with one from another card? you can't do that if they're all separated from each other haha. Oh well!

You can once you load them as separate instances.

electro wrote: A virtual JD-990 with the Synth card would be interesting.
The new "Anthology 1993" sample library is based on the JD-990. This is offered as 3 volumes/parts that have to be loaded with the Roland Cloud "Concerto" sample playback plugin. Each volume seems to cover one bank with 64 presets.

I have not installed this yet also due to the quite big size (around 6.4 GB for all 3 volumes) but i plan to do it soon.

With the D-50 they first released a sample library too and later a full emulation so there is a chance they will also do a proper JD-990 emulation.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I have not installed this yet also due to the quite big size (around 6.4 GB for all 3 volumes) but i plan to do it soon.
I flipped through the patches, then deleted it.
Ingonator wrote:With the D-50 they first released a sample library too and later a full emulation so there is a chance they will also do a proper JD-990 emulation.
They've already said a JD-800 is coming, and given what they did with the 1080 plugin, the "JD" plugin will likely have the enhanced engine of the JD-990. So I'd expect the plugin to be called/styled "JD-800" or maybe "Super JD" as the '800 styling is more distinctive and the 990 would look more or less like the 1080 plugin otherwise... (marketing.)

We'll see, of course...

beely wrote:
Ingonator wrote:I have not installed this yet also due to the quite big size (around 6.4 GB for all 3 volumes) but i plan to do it soon.
I flipped through the patches, then deleted it.
Ingonator wrote:With the D-50 they first released a sample library too and later a full emulation so there is a chance they will also do a proper JD-990 emulation.
They've already said a JD-800 is coming, and given what they did with the 1080 plugin, the "JD" plugin will likely have the enhanced engine of the JD-990. So I'd expect the plugin to be called/styled "JD-800" or maybe "Super JD" as the '800 styling is more distinctive and the 990 would look more or less like the 1080 plugin otherwise... (marketing.)

We'll see, of course...
I had just downloded and installed the first volume of Anthology 1993 and at a first look i like it. Will also download and check the 2 other volumes soon.

I have never owned a JD-800 or JD-990 so i have no own experience with those opposing to e.g. the D-50, XV-3080, JV-90 and Jupiter-8 that i owned a long time ago (and additionally also the MKS-80 and MKS-50 modules).

Anyway for those who are waiting for a full featured emulation this is better the nothing.

FWIW emulations i am waiting for myself are a JP-8000/8080 and a TB-303. I have no clue why they did not offer the TB-303 yet but maybe due to the fact that they offer/offered multiple hardware approaches like TB-3 and TB-03 (both seem to be still available). Maybe they will also offer it after the TR-909 plugin was added.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

For me, I'm less interested in stuff like the 808/909/303/101 etc, those things have been done to death, for years.

I'm more interested in the things that are more unique, so the Roland digital/rompler stuff (D50/1080/800/990 etc), the Jupiter 8, and maybe the slightly less fashionable stuff with their own character - the JX8P/10, JX3P, the Alpha Junos, an yes, the JP8080 etc. And if they can do a good Jupiter 4...

I wonder if Roland's plan is to basically do plugins of *all* their (important) legacy instruments. I wonder how $20/mo will seem when for that you get access to plugins of *everything* good Roland have ever done...?

beely wrote:For me, I'm less interested in stuff like the 808/909/303/101 etc, those things have been done to death, for years.

I'm more interested in the things that are more unique, so the Roland digital/rompler stuff (D50/1080/800/990 etc), the Jupiter 8, and maybe the slightly less fashionable stuff with their own character - the JX8P/10, JX3P, the Alpha Junos, an yes, the JP8080 etc. And if they can do a good Jupiter 4...

I wonder if Roland's plan is to basically do plugins of *all* their (important) legacy instruments. I wonder how $20/mo will seem when for that you get access to plugins of *everything* good Roland have ever done...?
same for me, i wanna sell my jd990 and xv5080
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

beely wrote:For me, I'm less interested in stuff like the 808/909/303/101 etc, those things have been done to death, for years.

I agree! I'm not interested in a JP8000/8080 because there's already a perfect emulation inside of u-he Diva alongside a Juno and two other great analog synths. I'd rather see the digital/rompler stuff because there's only been sample packs of varying quality until now.

Shiek927 wrote:

I agree! I'm not interested in a JP8000/8080 because there's already a perfect emulation inside of u-he Diva alongside a Juno and two other great analog synths. I'd rather see the digital/rompler stuff because there's only been sample packs of varying quality until now.
Diva only includes the JP-8000 oscillatrs that are indeed very nice but the rest like e.g. filter, envelopes etc. is not an emulation of the JP-8000.
The filter in the JP-8000 seem to be quite special so it is difficult to emulate certain sounds with Diva.

The System-8 plugin is no real replacement too also as the included Multisaw is no actual JP-8000 Supersaw. System-8 uses only 5 detuned Saws (instead of 7) and the detune shape is different too.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:

Diva only includes the JP-8000 oscillatrs that are indeed very nice but the rest like e.g. filter, envelopes etc. is not an emulation of the JP-8000.
The filter in the JP-8000 seem to be quite special so it is difficult to emulate certain sounds with Diva.

The System-8 plugin is no real replacement too also as the included Multisaw is no actual JP-8000 Supersaw. System-8 uses only 5 detuned Saws (instead of 7) and the detune shape is different too.
That's fair!

And yeah, I actually made a request for better GUI's and gave them plenty of examples like the recent Viper synth (which takes inspiration from the Novation Ultranova) which are very simple and intuitive to use. I got a pretty boiler-plate response though saying they were trying to keep things the same as the originals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Can't win them all I guess!

Return to “Instruments”