Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote:
soulone82 wrote:Overloud listened and reworked the scratches.

I think it´s much better now!

Needs some work, the text is still relatively legible in places.
And the knobs look new, I want the originals.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Izotope doesn't have a plug to deal with scratches?
ymmv though...

nordickvr wrote:Izotope doesn't have a plug to deal with scratches?
ymmv though...
Yes they have, Vinyl.

All this scratching is making me itch. :hihi:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
sjm wrote:

It looks like the engineer had a plate of coke in front of him while EQing and sneezed

The aliasing could be better. I have compared it to F.A.L. VCL-4 which is also zero latency and doesn't involve oversampling, and it's much lower than this EQ.

Not trying to make it sound bad, just an observation, really thankful for the freebie.

/EDIT

I have just received some information from Ray about different saturation algos and VCL-4 is mainly an opamp based device, so it's much cleaner and distorts less.

So please disregard my observation, aliasing or not EQ550 is a nice freebie.
It's easy if you know how

All the GEMs alias, the sideband is at exactly the same frequency on all of them when testing with a sine sweep. I couldnt test higher than 96Khz sample rate as my Rme is ancient. Its the most ringy VST I tested, totally audible.

Just sayin
What other modern plugs use next to 0 cpu and sound this good!!

Lesha wrote:The aliasing could be better. I have compared it to F.A.L. VCL-4 which is also zero latency and doesn't involve oversampling, and it's much lower than this EQ.

Not trying to make it sound bad, just an observation, really thankful for the freebie.

/EDIT

I have just received some information from Ray about different saturation algos and VCL-4 is mainly an opamp based device, so it's much cleaner and distorts less.

So please disregard my observation, aliasing or not EQ550 is a nice freebie.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

metalifuxx wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
sjm wrote:

It looks like the engineer had a plate of coke in front of him while EQing and sneezed
I think it's time to mention that this isn't the original skin. :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:I think it's time to mention that this isn't the original skin. :wink:
well don't stop the fun

jbraner wrote:How does this one compare with the Waves API 550?
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet...
Aside from the fact that they both sound good, they have little in common. After a quick a/b test, I chose this over the Waves 550 which surprised me cause I like that EQ. The Overloud is thicker sounding and seems to beef the signal up in the low-end compared to the waves without actually boosting those lows. Probably due to all the extra harmonics it has compared to the waves.
Last edited by Recourt on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murnau wrote: I think it's time to mention that this isn't the original skin. :wink:
Oh really? That´s quite disappointing, innit?

soulone82 wrote:
murnau wrote: I think it's time to mention that this isn't the original skin. :wink:
Oh really? That´s quite disappointing, innit?
Not sure if you look at some comments here.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

kmonkey wrote:Amount of self entitlement and overall ungratefulness (not everyone of course) on this board is staggering. People moan about free stuff. Now it's the scratches on gui. If they remove scratches someone would say gui is too dark etc.etc.

It's free. Take it or just leave it.
+1

Russell Grand wrote:
kmonkey wrote:Amount of self entitlement and overall ungratefulness (not everyone of course) on this board is staggering. People moan about free stuff. Now it's the scratches on gui. If they remove scratches someone would say gui is too dark etc.etc.

It's free. Take it or just leave it.
+1
yep!

Recourt wrote:
jbraner wrote:How does this one compare with the Waves API 550?
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet...
Aside from the fact that they both sound good, they have little in common. After a quick a/b test, I chose this over the Waves 550 which surprised me cause I like that EQ. The Overloud is thicker sounding and seems to beef the signal up in the low-end compared to the waves without actually boosting those lows. Probably due to all the extra harmonics it has compared to the waves.
Thanks for that! :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Effects”