Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
dark water
KVRian

783 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Phaser sounds good and is currently very cheap.
Sqigls GUI update looks excellent.

It will go well with my other favourite phasers by Oligarc and Audio Damage :)
Richard deHove
KVRist

280 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby Richard deHove; Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

With Phasis, PhaseMistress and LittleRock I didn't think there was much phaser room left, but this deserves one of the top spots. Be interesting to see it's final form. Have yet to try the envelope follower, not even quite sure what to do with it?
SMH
KVRist

132 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Postby SMH; Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Richard deHove wrote:Have yet to try the envelope follower, not even quite sure what to do with it?

lots of advice in the gs thread https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=126
Richard deHove
KVRist

280 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby Richard deHove; Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

SMH wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:Have yet to try the envelope follower, not even quite sure what to do with it?

lots of advice in the gs thread https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=126

Thanks, some interesting info there. Also looking forward to the promised ultra slow rate control and 64-bar sync.
EDGEK8D
KVRist

108 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from Chicagoland, USA

Postby EDGEK8D; Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:40 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Richard deHove wrote:With Phasis, PhaseMistress and LittleRock I didn't think there was much phaser room left, but this deserves one of the top spots. Be interesting to see it's final form. Have yet to try the envelope follower, not even quite sure what to do with it?

Phase Mistress has envelope follower. Its to make “peeeeeeoooowwww” sounds, obviously.

Yeah, I’m good. Too many really great developers out there who participate in discussions of their products without acting like a triggered manic-depressive. I have NEVER seen that kind of behavior from ANYONE on a forum or in person while trying to sell/support their own products. Unacceptable. We’re a friendly community, let’s keep it that way. Some people just gotta go.
Logic Pro X : DSI MEK : ShruthiXT: Virus B : JX3P (Kiwi) : Minibrute : OB Matrix 6R : Roland Studio Capture : MOTU Micro Express : Senn HD600
sqigls
KVRAF

2965 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

EDGEK8D wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:With Phasis, PhaseMistress and LittleRock I didn't think there was much phaser room left, but this deserves one of the top spots. Be interesting to see it's final form. Have yet to try the envelope follower, not even quite sure what to do with it?

Phase Mistress has envelope follower. Its to make “peeeeeeoooowwww” sounds, obviously.

Yeah, I’m good. Too many really great developers out there who participate in discussions of their products without acting like a triggered manic-depressive. I have NEVER seen that kind of behavior from ANYONE on a forum or in person while trying to sell/support their own products. Unacceptable. We’re a friendly community, let’s keep it that way. Some people just gotta go.

Could you please be a friendly member of the community and keep the discussion about Stunning Phaser?, and not personal opinions of the Admiral, which has already been discussed to death... Thank you.
sqigls
KVRAF

Postby sqigls; Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:45 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Beta 0.3.0 2018-03-11

Added: LFO Range control. Far more range on the low end in Free mode as well as much longer numbers of beats in Host-Sync mode.
Tweaked: Curve (now curves) on the LFO Rate control.

http://www.admiralquality.com/download/ ... gPhaserWin
http://www.admiralquality.com/download/ ... gPhaserOSX
SMH
KVRist

132 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Postby SMH; Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:35 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

sqigls wrote:Added: LFO Range control. Far more range on the low end in Free mode as well as much longer numbers of beats in Host-Sync mode.

:clap:
Stefken
KVRist

438 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 am Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

I didn't hear anything special about the sound that makes me want to buy it.
E.g. I prefer the Waves Phaser that I already own.
djscorb
KVRian

699 posts since 3 May, 2007, from UK

Postby djscorb; Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:04 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Each to their own, but I have been left wanting with nearly every phaser plugin. This one is decent and brings a big smile.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...
sqigls
KVRAF

Postby sqigls; Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:26 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Totally each to their own, this one doesn't crash or give be insane DC noise bursts like Big Rock, but it sounds just as lush.
I wouldn't add a Waves phaser to my audio chain if you friggon paid me.
Stefken
KVRist

438 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:59 pm Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

You clearly are not an objective in ths topic.
You're too close to the project.

Instead of using reactive comments you could invest your time in some audio demo's and presets.

Have you noticed that cars are always very clean at the car store? The art of selling....
sqigls
KVRAF

Postby sqigls; Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 am Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Stefken wrote:You clearly are not an objective in ths topic.

Well, I did use Waves plugins for a long time, and regardless of any hangups i might have in the moral department, i just find that Waves plugins in general are just ok, but not spectacular. There are too many amazing effects available now that far exceed most Waves effects in my opinion. But yes, coupled with their recent choice to devalue their plugins but keep their WUP, it's a real kick in the balls for anyone who spent a lot on their plugins however no-longer uses them and wants to sell them.
I'll never support them with another cent, besides, they don't HAVE any good phasers do they? There's one attached to the Manny Marroquin Delay... ? Feel free to correct me, I'll remain objective to the SOUND at least.

Hang on, what do you mean "too close to the project"??
I bought the plugin, that's IT dude.
I have no affiliation with ANY company. I buy and use plugins, that's it. That's all.
Jay Ass Blach
Banned

Postby Jay Ass Blach; Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:17 am Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

The world needs more phaser plugins, and of a lot better quality, and a lot more versatile.

This thing will probably be several years in development - beta stage. Can't wait, and it's not there yet - by a long shot.

Give me the firstborn son of PhasisXT and Phase Mistress, and I'll give you some coins. Wait, who am I speaking to........? They're off to code saturation plugins - fools one and all!
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7748 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:27 am Re: New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

Stefken wrote:You clearly are not an objective in ths topic.
You're too close to the project.

Instead of using reactive comments you could invest your time in some audio demo's and presets.

Have you noticed that cars are always very clean at the car store? The art of selling....

I always assume unkown variables to the varying responses

Ie Experience of similar products, audio material used to test the product, monitoring environment, user physiology

Eg
I have less than perfect hearing.
I havent tested half the software phasers in existance let alone hardware. My monitors are not optimised for my room, you would probably describe my room acoustics as shocking.
I find playing guitar through an effect usually tells me more than using synth sounds, or percussion, this varies though depending on the type of processor being tested.

But finally, we all have different tastes and expectations. Some might prefer a classic sounding effect, others into IDM might want a punch in the face.

Most will agree Pollock creates art but we cant all agree wed want to hang it in our home.

Subjectivity is always the main concern when discussing these things
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects