Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
5564 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Arkham Asylum

Postby murnau; Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:37 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Edward? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
camsr
KVRAF
 
6857 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:46 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

murnau wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Edward? :lol:


No, he would have complained about workarounds :clown:
Image
User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
 
923 posts since 1 Dec, 2010, from Belgium, EU.

Postby Image-Line; Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:20 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

camsr wrote:
murnau wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Edward? :lol:


No, he would have complained about workarounds :clown:


The giveaway is that 'FL Studio will never be 64 Bit' and will 'never have a Mac version' ;)

It's always funny to see the vitriol that DAWs attract. Last time I looked, music was at the tippy-top of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

...that means music is some sort of 'play'. Play is supposed to be fun ;)

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.
User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
 
923 posts since 1 Dec, 2010, from Belgium, EU.

Postby Image-Line; Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Whatever problems you have with it, a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio. So, clearly others find it logical.

However, isn't it nice that you have so much choice in DAWs today and don't need to use FL Studio yourself.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.
gas pump
Banned

Postby gas pump; Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Image-Line wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Whatever problems you have with it, a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio. So, clearly others find it logical.

However, isn't it nice that you have so much choice in DAWs today and don't need to use FL Studio yourself.

Regards Scott



a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio


Maybe 5 years ago. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
 
923 posts since 1 Dec, 2010, from Belgium, EU.

Postby Image-Line; Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

gas pump wrote:Maybe 5 years ago.


What do you know we don't?
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.
gas pump
Banned

Postby gas pump; Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio


Image-Line wrote:
gas pump wrote:Maybe 5 years ago.


What do you know we don't?


I believe it's up to you to provide evidence to such ridiculous claims.

Just because you sold all those copies, doesn't mean people haven't grown up, moved on and stop using it all together. I would "guess", not like your hard evidence, that there are more people not using it after buying it years ago, then those that are currently using that ancient Frankenstein spaghetti.

If you're going to make such bold statements about the music community, then it's only fitting that you show us proof of such claims. Now back to reality.
kmonkey
KVRAF
 
3863 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

gas pump wrote:
I believe it's up to you to provide evidence to such ridiculous claims.

Just because you sold all those copies, doesn't mean people haven't grown up, moved on and stop using it all together. I would "guess", not like your hard evidence, that there are more people not using it after buying it years ago, then those that are currently using that ancient Frankenstein spaghetti.

If you're going to make such bold statements about the music community, then it's only fitting that you show us proof of such claims. Now back to reality.


Dude what are you talking about? Yeah back to reality! Just fire up youtube and see for yourself.

At least one major name in at least one genre and subgenre is using FL Studio (and actually does not care what he uses as long as it works for him) - you can then base your assumption from that.

How does ImageLine claim is different to any other company claim? And why so disrespectful toward company employee? What does he owe you and why do you think it's ridiculous claim? I mean literally thousands and thousands of people are making music with Reason, FL Studio, Live or Bitwig as we speak.

In my very honest opinion (and i am a dick quite sometime) you should be reported to KVR authority if you continue with your parade.

Because of people like yourself there is less and less connection between company representatives on public forums and actual users of particular product.
User avatar
TrojakEW
KVRist
 
231 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia

Postby TrojakEW; Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Interesting statement. So it is good to know that I'm old "child" and I'm proud of it. I'm happy user of this illogical and inefficient DAW and never have problem to find and do whatever I need even without reading single line in manual.

Why are you wasting your time here? :roll:
Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
 
923 posts since 1 Dec, 2010, from Belgium, EU.

Postby Image-Line; Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

gas pump wrote:doesn't mean people haven't grown up, moved on and stop using it all together. I would "guess", not like your hard evidence, that there are more people not using it after buying it years ago, then those that are currently using that ancient Frankenstein spaghetti.


Oh hello Edward ;)
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.
gas pump
Banned

Postby gas pump; Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

kmonkey wrote:
gas pump wrote:
I believe it's up to you to provide evidence to such ridiculous claims.

Just because you sold all those copies, doesn't mean people haven't grown up, moved on and stop using it all together. I would "guess", not like your hard evidence, that there are more people not using it after buying it years ago, then those that are currently using that ancient Frankenstein spaghetti.

If you're going to make such bold statements about the music community, then it's only fitting that you show us proof of such claims. Now back to reality.


Dude what are you talking about? Yeah back to reality! Just fire up youtube and see for yourself.

At least one major name in at least one genre and subgenre is using FL Studio (and actually does not care what he uses as long as it works for him) - you can then base your assumption from that.

How does ImageLine claim is different to any other company claim? And why so disrespectful toward company employee? What does he owe you and why do you think it's ridiculous claim? I mean literally thousands and thousands of people are making music with Reason, FL Studio, Live or Bitwig as we speak.

In my very honest opinion (and i am a dick quite sometime) you should be reported to KVR authority if you continue with your parade.

Because of people like yourself there is less and less connection between company representatives on public forums and actual users of particular product.


Maybe if you believe it's still a relevant DAW in 2018, it will come true. But for the rest of us grounded in the current music industry and audio world, we know exactly who are the big players and who's on the brink of disappearing.

There are at least 10 major DAW companies in this day and age, that alone would barely give you a 10% market stake in the current audio industry. And we all know that the top five big players hold more then 10%, that would be Protools, Studio One, Logic, Ableton and Cubase. You and the rest of the smaller companies would be lucky to have even 5% of the marketplace. Pirated copies don't count.

But what do you expect from someone who works for the company? Spewing marketing jargon and being backed up by fanbois on a mission. Maybe if you spent less time defending your aging relic and actually put that effort into improving it and making it a modern DAW, you might actually have something to argue about.

Instead of trying to cash in on old software with old code and technologies, then rewritten to run on another operating system. Not to mention, that it was announced, released, abandoned then recreated as another project to truly release a working port and not a silly wrapper. I think people have wasted enough time listening to your promises and late deliveries. The ship has sailed on for most of us.
User avatar
Rameses
KVRist
 
128 posts since 9 Mar, 2018, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Postby Rameses; Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

TrojakEW wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Interesting statement. So it is good to know that I'm old "child" and I'm proud of it. I'm happy user of this illogical and inefficient DAW and never have problem to find and do whatever I need even without reading single line in manual.


"citation needed"

Have fun with your abhorrent amount of steps necessary for using basic functions
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ
HSum
KVRist
 
47 posts since 28 Aug, 2017

Postby HSum; Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Rameses wrote:
TrojakEW wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Interesting statement. So it is good to know that I'm old "child" and I'm proud of it. I'm happy user of this illogical and inefficient DAW and never have problem to find and do whatever I need even without reading single line in manual.


"citation needed"

Have fun with your abhorrent amount of steps necessary for using basic functions

Says the one using Sony ACID? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyways he's just a troll.
User avatar
Rameses
KVRist
 
128 posts since 9 Mar, 2018, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Postby Rameses; Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Image-Line wrote:
Rameses wrote:One of the worst DAWs I've ever seen, looks like it's made for children but it's very illogical and inefficient at some points.


Whatever problems you have with it, a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio. So, clearly others find it logical.

However, isn't it nice that you have so much choice in DAWs today and don't need to use FL Studio yourself.

Regards Scott


Hello Scott, ( :D ) I think that very few actually have thought that extensively what's wrong with FL Studio and furthermore other people really don't know about other DAWs. Factually FL Studio has a very horrible GUI scheme with way too many steps and this antiquated drum pattern window really has to be a joke.

" a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio"

That explains a lot. :lol:
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ
User avatar
Rameses
KVRist
 
128 posts since 9 Mar, 2018, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Postby Rameses; Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 am Re: FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

HSum wrote:
Rameses wrote:
Have fun with your abhorrent amount of steps necessary for using basic functions

Says the one using Sony ACID?


I wasn't using it anymore since 2016 but besides of the frequent crashes it was a decent piece of software. Very intuitive, neutral and straight forward. You need literally one click to create a midi track, the next thing you'll need to do is hit "record". I remember one thing was missing though, it could be fx automation on the master bus or something like that, I don't remember anymore, also the last version (7) was 32 bit and that wasn't cool at all. The syncopation ("swing") in acid wasn't limited to only one syncopation type, it has over 20 different presets and you also can create your own ones which really is unique amongst digital audio workstations, if I recall correctly.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)