Acoustica Premium 7.0.56 - how to get mp3 properties?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.56, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

When I open a mp3 file, it is shown under the waveform window, just below the small window that indicates the cursor position: 44100 (sometimes, I don't know why, 48000) Hz, 2 channels, 16 bit PCM. The point is, I cannot know, it seems, the kind (CBR or VBR) and the bit rate of the mp3 file - the information shown seems to concern some internal conversion performed by Acoustica (is that right?). Also, there is nothing about the mp3's kind and bit rate in the File > Edit Properties, but anyway I am not sure whether this would be the adequate place for that information.

My question is, how to get the kind (CBR or VBR) and the bit rate (and any other technical information?) of an mp3 file in Acoustica?

Possibly, the same question would apply in relation to other file formats.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:When I open a mp3 file, it is shown under the waveform window, just below the small window that indicates the cursor position: 44100 (sometimes, I don't know why, 48000) Hz, 2 channels, 16 bit PCM. The point is, I cannot know, it seems, the kind (CBR or VBR) and the bit rate of the mp3 file - the information shown seems to concern some internal conversion performed by Acoustica (is that right?). Also, there is nothing about the mp3's kind and bit rate in the File > Edit Properties, but anyway I am not sure whether this would be the adequate place for that information.

My question is, how to get the kind (CBR or VBR) and the bit rate (and any other technical information?) of an mp3 file in Acoustica?
At the time being, Acoustica uses the OS media libraries (Media Foundation in Windows and CoreAudio on Mac) to decode MP3. Unfortunately, that means that we don't get access to specifics regarding the encoding format such as bit rate, CBR or VBR, etc. At the time when we started to re-implement Acoustica for version 7, MP3 was still a patented format and the patent expiration dates are usually very unclear due to flaws in the patent legislation (and the patent holders know to exploit that). Now that Fraunhofer has confirmed the expiration, we are free to include our own decoding. We'll try to do so in a future update, but I cannot make any promises regarding the time frame.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”