Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I loved Triangle II back in the day...

Z3TA+ and Pentagon too...

I had all of the RGC synths...

He was an inspired dude....

Bring back Rene....

He's much too special to be out of the loop :party:
No auto tune...

Teksonik wrote:They never made a 64 bit version did they ? I'd install Pentagon 1 again in a heartbeat if they did..... :tu:
Same here. Great sounding synth.

The old Rapture was a CLASSIC secret weapon for many. When it was upgraded to "pro" the folks that liked the original didn't like the new "pro" version. If they could recapture the spirit of the original Rapture... that would really take off.

Dasheesh wrote:The old Rapture was a CLASSIC secret weapon for many. When it was upgraded to "pro" the folks that liked the original didn't like the new "pro" version. If they could recapture the spirit of the original Rapture... that would really take off.
I picked up Pro like three weeks before Gibson lay the smack down on Cakewalk. I find Pro to be uninspiring and I do not like the gui... I don't even know why. Rapture the original was and is such a slick synth.

I think they should start with Triangle ii & Pentagon. Get the juices flowing. Then grow onto the rest 1 by 1... taking their time to make sure the releases are solid.

Starting with the smaller simpler synths first would be something to get people excited at first... and then build momentum up for new stuff.

Rapture , D pro & Z3ta are like the holy trinity. They are gonna take time.

Bandlab should get the host issues figured out, make sure they are able to migrate the Cakewalk base initially, though before thinking about instruments.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Rapture , D pro & Z3ta are like the holy trinity. They are gonna take time.
There is no more Rapture or Dimension Pro any more. Rapture Pro has merged and superseded them.

digitalboytn wrote:
Bring back Rene....

Despite having teased coming back "soon" a few years ago, I don't see that happening.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

pentagon actually still sounds great, and the GUI is highly modifiable
with an ini file in the skin folder defining all the coordinates for the knobs switches and
controls. could be enlarged. i'd do it but its a lot of work
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Z3TA+2 is a great synth and I use it all the time. However, there is something about the general design of it that I find confusing. There are some aspects of it which are kind of non-standard and can be confusing and/or give unexpected results. For instance, the envelopes. I've just never felt like I 100% know what I'm doing shaping envelopes in Z3TA. Synths like Massive are far more intuitive in this respect. And the beat divisions used for the delays and the arpeggiator. It takes "1" to mean one beat, so whereby you'd specify quarter notes as "1/4" in just about every other synth and time based effect in existence, in Z3TA you're setting it to 1, and to 1/2 for 1/8 notes, 1/4 for 1/16 notes etc. It's just confusing to wrap your head around, a little like the backward controls on an 1176 only even more confusing than that.

digitalboytn wrote:I loved Triangle II back in the day...

Bring back Rene....

He was. He had 'synth' written in his DNA. In his blood stream. Just reading the Z3ta+ manual about the mod matrix shows that. And by the way, if designing a mod matrix this is how it should be done.... I miss Z3ta+ on my Mac.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Magic Russ wrote:
Saukar30 wrote: Rapture , D pro & Z3ta are like the holy trinity. They are gonna take time.
There is no more Rapture or Dimension Pro any more. Rapture Pro has merged and superseded them.
True... but the merger of those two really didn't come out to be better sum of 2 parts. Rapture Pro had a hell of sloppy release that turned people off to it. And... many people still don't like he workflow & prefer working in either Rapture or D Pro alone.

So yes... you are correct.... they merged & the ON PAPER Rapture Pro superseded, but in usage, many people who had the originals still just use Rapture by itself or D Pro by themselves. I'd guess maybe about 30%... thats a hell of a lot of users to consider.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:
Magic Russ wrote:
True... but the merger of those two really didn't come out to be better sum of 2 parts. Rapture Pro had a hell of sloppy release that turned people off to it. And... many people still don't like he workflow & prefer working in either Rapture or D Pro alone.

So yes... you are correct.... they merged & the ON PAPER Rapture Pro superseded, but in usage, many people who had the originals still just use Rapture by itself or D Pro by themselves. I'd guess maybe about 30%... thats a hell of a lot of users to consider.
Not only that but some of the sounds from Dimension Pro sounds flatter and weaker when played in Rapture Pro.

himalaya wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:I loved Triangle II back in the day...

Bring back Rene....

He was. He had 'synth' written in his DNA. In his blood stream. Just reading the Z3ta+ manual about the mod matrix shows that. And by the way, if designing a mod matrix this is how it should be done.... I miss Z3ta+ on my Mac.
Why don't you use Z3TA 2?

Because I don't have it.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Alright. I picked up version 2 as an upgrade, when it was on one the frequent sales, i think for 25 €. Thought you might have picked it up as well.

Return to “Instruments”