What is the best concert you've ever went to?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last concert I saw were the Chainsmokers at AT&T Park, San Francisco (Oracle Cloudfest)
Their tunes sounded familiar, but since I don't really watch the charts anymore I didn't know whose tunes it were.
Brilliant visual show for a couple of DJs. Short fragment I filmed there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs4SxbjqWec
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Big venue: Rammstein
Small venue: And So I Watch You From Afar

A Rammstein performance is very much a show. Lots of spectacle, very choreographed but it doesn't distract or detract from the music which is excellent, varied and very tightly performed. Feel the warmth of the flames and shout yourself hoarse with choruses you barely understand.

For some reason the Youtube footage of ASIWYFA is all from gigs where the audience sucked. Every time I've seen them it was a sweltering, brutal affair and I loved every second. A very intense shared experience.

Timfonie wrote: here at KVR we are a bunch of older people now? :wink:
Bunch of pensioners by the look of it ;)

resynthesis wrote:
vurt wrote:
resynthesis wrote:Shortlist:
Dinosaur Jr mid-80s at PlanetX in Liverpool. Tiny, sweaty basement with scant regard for fire regulations
Rose Consort of Viols York Early Music Festival late 90s
Juan Martin York Guild Hall
planet x was great, saw pretty much the entire earache catalogue there.
Me too, good chance our paths have crossed once or twice then :tu:

quite likely indeed!

youre not a twin from aigburth by any chance? :lol:

Timfonie wrote: I'm waiting for someone who mentions a concert of last year as his favorite one.

not last year but fairly recent in comparison to most mention so far,
the flaming lips
up to and around 2010ish? that was more than just a gig, those guys put on a show and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it, as did the audience every time i saw them.

sigur ros, again similar time period, saw them many times but both the agaetis birani (sp?) and takk tours, holy f**k! sheer audio bliss, i honestly shed tears, of joy, uncontrollably.

spiritualised both the original and 20th anniversary gigs of ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

just 3 of many gigs, not sure id say favourites but definite memorable nights.

an honourable mention should go to rhcp, 3 days after syd barrett died, john frusciante playing jugband blues :(

Depeche Mode - Crystal Palace 1993

Air - Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998

Hard to pick one... I'd say Peter Gabriel in, oh, must have been 1992 or '93 in Stuttgart. Awesome line-up, Manu Katche on drums, Paula Cole on vocals, Shankar on violins and vox, some nice stage effects and set pieces, and 3 encores, with the German language version of "Here comes the Flood" at the end with just Gabriel on piano. Even after that, the audience went on clapping and screaming for 20 minutes, hoping for a fourth encore.

The biggest surprise to me was The Strokes at Southside. It was still light out, so the atmosphere wasn't top notch, but they delivered one of the tightest sets I've ever heard from a rock band. Every note was spot on, and the energy was unbelievable. This must have been around 2006 or so.

The Prodigy '98

Linkin Park '07

I've been to lots of concerts over the years,even though you couldn't hear 1 word or note,to this day nothing has come close to the energy & excitement of my 1st rock concert.
I was in the 2nd grade and my mom took us to see The Beatles at Forest Hills Stadium in NYC!
This was an amazing experience and I suspect you had to be there to understand the term: Beatlemania! lol

:tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Tony Bennet and k.d. lang at the Greek Theater, Los Angeles, September 15, 2001, shortly after the 9/11 attacks. I was stranded as planes were grounded, and I lucked into the tickets. I saw the towers come down on TV but couldn't quite believe it, people were calling me constantly knowing I worked in Manhattan, I felt disconnected from home. The music was sublime, and for a few hours I was able to escape from the chaos.

Diesel XXX Anniversary Rock n' Roll Circus, Brooklyn, 2008. A visibly pregnant M.I.A. headlined, with Pharrell, rapper-of-the-moment T.I., and Franz Ferdinand. With Hot Chip opening and later as the backing band for Chaka Khan. Deadass.

Electric Daisy Carnival, 2012. Aviici blew up that year with 'Levels' and headlined, mainstream EDM blew up too, danced to everyone from Carl Cox to to Calvin Harris.

Lady Gaga at the Roseland, 2014, the last event before the building would be demolished and turned into a skyscraper. Couldn't ask for a better ending.

Afropunk 2016. Janelle Monae and Ice Cube headlined. Flying Lotus, The Internet, Skunk Anansie, George Clinton, Thundercat, Bad Brains, Fishbone, Living Colour, too many to mention. Oh yeah, finally got to see Skye & Ross from Morcheeba. It gave me life.

BertKoor wrote:Last concert I saw were the Chainsmokers at AT&T Park, San Francisco (Oracle Cloudfest)
Their tunes sounded familiar, but since I don't really watch the charts anymore I didn't know whose tunes it were.
Today's mainstream EDM DJs are also (or primarily) producers. The song in your video, "Closer", is theirs.

The 1st one I ever went too . Before I had my driver's license and some older kids with cars asked if I wanted to go . Pretty cool ... Supreme Love God's , Neds Atomic Dustbin . I had a great time . 90s kid ..... I seen alot of shows over the years , but nothing beat being in 10th grade with no drivers license getting a chance to go ... And the mosh pit was fun , crowd surfing and sheeet...

Yeah, hard to pick just one.

Weird Al, 1997 I think. With my brother.

vurt wrote:
resynthesis wrote:
vurt wrote:
resynthesis wrote:Shortlist:
Dinosaur Jr mid-80s at PlanetX in Liverpool. Tiny, sweaty basement with scant regard for fire regulations
Rose Consort of Viols York Early Music Festival late 90s
Juan Martin York Guild Hall
planet x was great, saw pretty much the entire earache catalogue there.
Me too, good chance our paths have crossed once or twice then :tu:

quite likely indeed!

youre not a twin from aigburth by any chance? :lol:
Nah, just one of me.

Timfonie wrote:So the best concerts were largely during the '70s and '80s?
Or maybe the best concert experiences happen when we are young and here at KVR we are a bunch of older people now? :wink:

I'm waiting for someone who mentions a concert of last year as his favorite one.

I saw Flaming Lips last year. Not the best ever, but a bloody good show. Def best in a while.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”