One Synth Challenge #108: Diodow by HrastProgrammer (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:o Wow, thanks so much for your votes and your kindness!! Such a cool way to start the day!

I want to echo Peter:H: Such an honor! I did put a lot of work into my track this month, but I honestly didn't think it would make the top spot with so many strong contenders, especially with its somewhat antediluvian (don't you just love thew English language!) qualities.

And now I regret pulling out of the Fathom challenge :cry:

Congrats to my fellow top 5ers! And to all of you, really - you did well with the Diodow.

Wagtunes, I hope you'll reconsider and hang in there - I'd love to have a future fight with you and Peter:H on strictly un-antediluvian, abstract terms!

I'll announce my chosen prize shortly - I just have to get an overview first. I don't have any of these plugins, so it will be hard to choose!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

wagtunes wrote:Now maybe people will believe me when I tell them it doesn't matter what I submit to these things. In spite of the many comments about how this was by far my best entry ever, I still finished in the bottom 25% of the field.
But, it was a good track. You got 2 more '5' votes than me (I got zero you got 2!). Why not build on those ideas?

Just a thought

dB

Well done to the top 5 in what was an "interesting" contest and synth. :clap:

dB

doctorbob wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Now maybe people will believe me when I tell them it doesn't matter what I submit to these things. In spite of the many comments about how this was by far my best entry ever, I still finished in the bottom 25% of the field.
But, it was a good track. You got 2 more '5' votes than me (I got zero you got 2!). Why not build on those ideas?

Just a thought

dB
The people who don't despise me voted my track honestly. The people who do despise me did not. That's the difference between you and me doc. You did better than me because you're liked here. If I paid Jasinski to do a track for me, it still wouldn't do well. I have no chance here. So it is pointless for me to do anymore of these.

Anyway, elsewhere, two of my 5s, Schiing and Peter H, finished 1 and 2. How NeverScene didn't make the top 5 baffles me, but whatever.

Congrats to you guys. You blew me away with your entries.

Me? I'm gonna go back to my Vocaloids and enjoy making music away from this hell.

wagtunes wrote:
doctorbob wrote:

Just a thought

dB
The people who don't despise me voted my track honestly. The people who do despise me did not. That's the difference between you and me doc. You did better than me because you're liked here. If I paid Jasinski to do a track for me, it still wouldn't do well. I have no chance here. So it is pointless for me to do anymore of these.
Well done the winner's

So should all that come n the bottom half of scoring have that same attitude?so i am also not liked and all the others?
You seem a well balanced person Wags, you have a chip on both shoulders...
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

wagtunes wrote:If I paid Jasinski to do a track for me, it still wouldn't do well.
That is extremely unlikely. Unless Jasinski then did you a sucky track, of course :D

Congrats to the winners :clap:
And thanks everyone for a really nice listening experience this month :phones:
That's what it should be.

wagtunes wrote:Anyway, elsewhere, two of my 5s, Schiing and Peter H, finished 1 and 2. How NeverScene didn't make the top 5 baffles me, but whatever.

Congrats to you guys. You blew me away with your entries.

Me? I'm gonna go back to my Vocaloids and enjoy making music away from this hell.
Hey Steven, thanks for the 5!

And I say it once again. I like your vocaloid stuff, have peeked into some of the tracks over there at the "wagtunes corner"...my Internet is currently broke...if not I would try to keep up with your tremendous number of tracks you publish ;-)
Maybe this OSC thing is really not your cup of tea, but I don't know why. When I listen to your vocaloid stuff then I see composition skills, mixing,...on the other hand sometimes on OSC I thought (not this round)...was this the same Steven? This is probably my very subjective point of view....
Maybe we could do a fun OSC round with "One Synth + AlterEgo"?

] Peter:H [

Guenon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:If I paid Jasinski to do a track for me, it still wouldn't do well.
That is extremely unlikely. Unless Jasinski then did you a sucky track, of course :D
No, it's not unlikely. Because as soon as people saw my name, they'd vote if lower than they would vote a Jasinski track. And if he entered the contest that month as well, his track would beat mine even if he gave me the choice of which track I wanted to submit under my name. That would really prove it.

But it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. I know the truth and that's all that matters.

My only consolation out of all this is that I can finally be done with this miserable contest once and for all.

wagtunes wrote:No, it's not unlikely. Because as soon as people saw my name, they'd vote if lower than they would vote a Jasinski track.
Naaah. It doesn't work that way. There might be the occasional grudges and some individuals who might act that way (that's a given), but "people" don't somehow vote you down systematically and as a majority.

Your tracks have been getting low scores because they haven't been that good. They are unpolished and present the (usually nice) musical idea in a very barebones manner. And this one, which imo was a very good one, and a break from that tradition, was obviously a hard one to appreciate in general, no matter who made it.

But okayyy, tapping on my phone here, trying to keep this short. I enjoyed this round a great deal, the variety and quality was amazin!. Congrats! Absolutely deserved top spots, you all.

Guenon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:No, it's not unlikely. Because as soon as people saw my name, they'd vote if lower than they would vote a Jasinski track.
Naaah. It doesn't work that way. There might be the occasional grudges and some individuals who might act that way (that's a given), but "people" don't somehow vote you down systematically and as a majority.

Your tracks have been getting low scores because they haven't been that good. They are unpolished and present the (usually nice) musical idea in a very barebones manner. And this one, which imo was a very good one, and a break from that tradition, was obviously a hard one to appreciate in general, no matter who made it.

But okayyy, tapping on my phone here, trying to keep this short. I enjoyed this round a great deal, the variety and quality was amazin!. Congrats! Absolutely deserved top spots, you all.
Yeah, well you can believe what you want. I know the truth. If Jasinski had made this same track, it would have done better.

wagtunes wrote:Yeah, well you can believe what you want. I know the truth. If Jasinski had made this same track, it would have done better.

The following is around four minutes of googling. If googling more, sure to find more:

Sep 2015: "I'm pretty much done with the OSC." "I won't be entering anymore"

Feb 2016: "I'm done with the OSC."

Jul 2016: "Anyway, that's it from me. And this is my LAST OSC. This month made that decision a no brainer."

Oct 2016: "Hell, I'd be happy finishing middle of the pack month after month. But my constant finishes near the bottom do not make me happy. So I'm removing that element from my life. That's the one thing you don't know about me. When I don't like something, if I can get rid of it, I get rid of it. It's that simple."

Dec 2016: "I am done with this thread and done with the OSCs." "I promise you won't hear another peep from me in the OSC threads. You have my word."

May 2017 "I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to be done with these competitions."

Jul 2017 "I'm glad to finally be done with these. And yes, this is really my last one."

On a serious note: what I believe is, your "everyone is against me" routine is a crutch to help you avoid confronting what is lacking in your material and working towards developing a robust skill set that allows you to create more polished material using just one synth. It's so much easier this way.

If you don't want to improve, and instead keep groundhog daying around it in this way, it would be better just to admit the OSC isn't your particular cuppa tea.

Fake admitting it every once in a while isn't the same thing.

Even in this round. It literally went from you purportedly having found the joy of creating, meticulously doing exactly what you want to do, focusing on the material and not caring about the votes, "it finally doesn't matter to me" yada yada... to "this is hell." Like what. What. What? Wagtunes? What what?

What what what.

Going to stop, so full of what.

When I listened to the tracks for scoring this month I knew dead sure mine was bottom, haha. Very good month. Congrats to the top scorers.

Guenon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Yeah, well you can believe what you want. I know the truth. If Jasinski had made this same track, it would have done better.

The following is around four minutes of googling. If googling more, sure to find more:

Sep 2015: "I'm pretty much done with the OSC." "I won't be entering anymore"

Feb 2016: "I'm done with the OSC."

Jul 2016: "Anyway, that's it from me. And this is my LAST OSC. This month made that decision a no brainer."

Oct 2016: "Hell, I'd be happy finishing middle of the pack month after month. But my constant finishes near the bottom do not make me happy. So I'm removing that element from my life. That's the one thing you don't know about me. When I don't like something, if I can get rid of it, I get rid of it. It's that simple."

Dec 2016: "I am done with this thread and done with the OSCs." "I promise you won't hear another peep from me in the OSC threads. You have my word."

May 2017 "I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to be done with these competitions."

Jul 2017 "I'm glad to finally be done with these. And yes, this is really my last one."

On a serious note: what I believe is, your "everyone is against me" routine is a crutch to help you avoid confronting what is lacking in your material and working towards developing a robust skill set that allows you to create more polished material using just one synth. It's so much easier this way.

If you don't want to improve, and instead keep groundhog daying around it in this way, it would be better just to admit the OSC isn't your particular cuppa tea.

Fake admitting it every once in a while isn't the same thing.

Even in this round. It literally went from you purportedly having found the joy of creating, meticulously doing exactly what you want to do, focusing on the material and not caring about the votes, "it finally doesn't matter to me" yada yada... to "this is hell." Like what. What. What? Wagtunes? What what?

What what what.

Going to stop, so full of what.
I just wanted to prove a point, which is the only reason I brought up my score. So many people flat out said to me "You're going to do really good this month" to which I told them they were crazy, not that I really cared. Because I don't. But I had to prove to these people that they were wrong. That it doesn't matter what I did. Or are you telling me that the people who gave me 5s and said my track was the best thing I had ever done were either...

1) Lying to me

or

2) Have lousy taste?

Be careful how you answer that because you might end up insulting quite a few people here who don't hate the ground I walk on.

Point is, I knew they were wrong (would have bet every dime in my bank account on it) and the scoring proves it.

That's the ONLY reason I even brought this up.

And yes, NOW that I've proven my point (after submitting a quality track) I can FINALLY be done with this popularity contest.

Return to “Instruments”