interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.uvi.net/augmented-piano.html

looks very interesting and slightly different to the IRCAM Prepared piano. The UVI looks a bit simpler in the preparations but more flexible in the sound manipulation - more of a sound design tool rather than a Cage-ian Prepared Piano. And the UVI is less than half the price of the IRCAM !

It does look interesting, and I know a singer who'd totally want me to get it, haha. Looks very useful for contemporary indie pop, which is full of odd organic (but not necessarily realistic) sounds.

I have just embarked on a search for a prepared piano library. I don't think I'm into taking UVI on, though.

the IRCAM at $399 isn't happening here, either

jancivil wrote:I have just embarked on a search for a prepared piano library. I don't think I'm into taking UVI on, though.

the IRCAM at $399 isn't happening here, either
The IRCAM is the only relatively complete one I could find. They do 30% specials from time to time. I would think about the UVI if I did not already have the IRCAM. There is another simpler one that I have from post musical instruments but that may have disappeared.bigcat have a freebie I have not tried. Must be others around

A slightly different beast but i get a lot of use from Xtended Piano from Soniccoutre.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I bought the Soundiron Montclair Grand. It's not a prepared piano, an fx piano though and a pretty darn good straight piano. It was that or the Xtended Piano product by SC.

Only thing I found was that IRCAM one a few yrs ago, didn't seem like I was going to shell out like that even then when I had it. I'm not going to base a whole part of my oeuvre on the approach or something, and I'd just as soon do it for real to get that involved anyway. I mean it's so tactile-centric and 'own decisions' ultimately.

I really like this Augmented Piano library, plus having the sounds in Falcon is sweeeet :)

simmo75 wrote:plus having the sounds in Falcon is sweeeet :)
Indeed! Augmented Piano was an instabuy for me. It is great to have so many different preparations in one instrument.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

I have Ircam so not sure this adds anything?

Sounds characterful and there is really depth and presence in it but since i feel too much overlap with Keyscape (i also love here especially the more characterful things like the wing tack piano etc.) i‘m also not sure i would benefit much here.
But in general i‘m in love with these sounds.
The most interesting Falcon expansion so far.

Cinebient wrote: The most interesting Falcon expansion so far.
Augmented Piano has me hoping to hear UVI's take on prepared guitar.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

aMUSEd wrote:I have Ircam so not sure this adds anything?
same here

scott_free wrote:
simmo75 wrote:plus having the sounds in Falcon is sweeeet :)
Indeed! Augmented Piano was an instabuy for me. It is great to have so many different preparations in one instrument.
Indeed! It’s a beautiful library.

I love prepared pianos and I love the Pleyel Grand Piano so ..... instabuy !

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”