soundtoys spring sale 2018 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jax Pok wrote:I couldn't live without Sountoys it kills me waiting for another one to be made.
+1 Soundtoys make some of my favorite fx. Everything they release is quality.

martinjuenke wrote: Recently I asked them a question concerning iLok bundling which they asked pretty quickly. In that answer was a hint to me that something is in the pipeline... We‘ll see.
:hyper:

Local Man wrote:
Kinh wrote:
mickaelmarin wrote:Hi,

I know soundtoys make spring sale in 2017 with 50% OFF on bundle upgrade. Somebody know if this is the case in april 2018 ?

thanks

Mickael
Dont do it. Save ya money! Soundtoys are pretty ordinary compared to others.
I highly disagree. Soundtoys are some of the most unique plugins out there.
I will admit that is a matter of opinion of course. But I think there is a large proportion of users that would agree with me.
I completely agree with you.

jens wrote:
Kinh wrote:

I know soundtoys make spring sale in 2017 with 50% OFF on bundle upgrade. Somebody know if this is the case in april 2018 ?

thanks

Mickael

Like you had much of a clue...
:hihi:

There's already a long thread of "Soundtoys Alternatives" so if someone is really curious, they can pop that into the forum search and find out what else people think is out there. If you were to buy a bunch of individual replacement plugins, you could totally get stuff that's on par or even better than many of the Soundtoys plugins, but you'd also probably spend a lot more in the process.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:There's already a long thread of "Soundtoys Alternatives" so if someone is really curious, they can pop that into the forum search and find out what else people think is out there. If you were to buy a bunch of individual replacement plugins, you could totally get stuff that's on par or even better than many of the Soundtoys plugins, but you'd also probably spend a lot more in the process.

Yep, while I don't see a long thread (though I just did a really quick search), I found a couple threads for Soundtoys alternatives:

viewtopic.php?p=5650734

viewtopic.php?p=6323159

It wasn't as long as I remember, but I think I was recalling this one.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451524&p=6311194&hi ... 0#p6311194

Particularly my post where I said:
Cystalizer: Audio Damage Discord3, Eventide/UAD H910
Decapitator, DevilLoc, Radiator: Klanghelm SDRR, Slate Digital VCC
Echoboy, PrimalTAP: lots of delays out there
FilterFreak 1/2: Cytomic The Drop
Microshift: Valhalla Ubermod has some Dimension presets
Panman, Tremolator: Audio Damage Panstation
Phase Mistress: D16 Fazortan, Audio Damage Phase 2
Since then, I'd add...

Echoboy: still so many delays, now even more than when I first posted that....
Decapitator: SDRR2 (because it gets extreme like Decapitator does)
Deviloc, Radiator: So many preamp plugins out there now, like the new Arturia ones, but you have your pick these days
SieQ: Not a fan of this one, tons of character EQ plugins
Microshift: Native Instruments Choral
Panman, Tremolator: Output Movement
Little Plate: Valhalla Plate, Waves Abbey Road Plates
Phase Mistress: Native Instruments Phasis (just get the whole mod pack really)

So yeah, you can totally find replacements and in many cases better the original Soundtoys plugins, but it's going to mean going out and buying lots of individual plugins.

I think the only plugin I can't think of a quick/easy replacement for is Little Alter Boy. I'm sure someone can think of one though.

One of the things I like about Soundtoys is that it's easy to get them to sound great in my mixes, and I think their presets are a useful starting point. While I often create patches from scratch, with so many Soundtoys "Tweak" menu options (especially EchoBoy and Phase Mistress modes), I appreciate the presets for showing possible uses.

I have Cytomic's Drop filter which may sound 5-10% better in absolute sound quality in certain situations, but I find FilterFreak so much easier to dial in quickly. Unfiltered Audio's Sandman Pro may have deeper modulation options than EchoBoy or Primal Tap, but 80% of Sandman's presets are Richard Devine-type m@sturbating robot FSU patches while EchoBoy has more useful presets that get me started in the context of an actual song.

That said, I'd love it if Soundtoys V6 includes a meta-modulation system in the rack so that you could apply common modulation sources arbitrarily to FX in the rack.

I don't agree and I have most of the ones you mentioned. But doesn't mean one of us is right and the other wrong.

Except the Drop, I do agree with the drop being acoustical better, the GUI/workflow for me though makes me use soundtoys more. (edit: I see winstontaneous and I agree on this)

I was mostly seeing if the poster was just taking the shite, talking for the sake of talking without real alternatives, I think he did mean what he said.

rsp
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It wasn't as long as I remember, but I think I was recalling this one.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451524&p=6311194&hi ... 0#p6311194

Particularly my post where I said:
Cystalizer: Audio Damage Discord3, Eventide/UAD H910
Decapitator, DevilLoc, Radiator: Klanghelm SDRR, Slate Digital VCC
Echoboy, PrimalTAP: lots of delays out there
FilterFreak 1/2: Cytomic The Drop
Microshift: Valhalla Ubermod has some Dimension presets
Panman, Tremolator: Audio Damage Panstation
Phase Mistress: D16 Fazortan, Audio Damage Phase 2
Since then, I'd add...

Echoboy: still so many delays, now even more than when I first posted that....
Decapitator: SDRR2 (because it gets extreme like Decapitator does)
Deviloc, Radiator: So many preamp plugins out there now, like the new Arturia ones, but you have your pick these days
SieQ: Not a fan of this one, tons of character EQ plugins
Microshift: Native Instruments Choral
Panman, Tremolator: Output Movement
Little Plate: Valhalla Plate, Waves Abbey Road Plates
Phase Mistress: Native Instruments Phasis (just get the whole mod pack really)

So yeah, you can totally find replacements and in many cases better the original Soundtoys plugins, but it's going to mean going out and buying lots of individual plugins.

I think the only plugin I can't think of a quick/easy replacement for is Little Alter Boy. I'm sure someone can think of one though.
sound sculptist

I cant find any plugins better than the Soundtoys ones. They are either too different, not enough controls or too many controls. I do like Softube and many others who do the plugins Soundtoys don't do. Saying others do a delay too is not enough delays can sound and function very different to each other.

Soundtoys have the edge over many where for example in Echoboy they have emulation of tube and tape distortion which was so detailed it used to require hardware DSP to run it. Soundtoys devs spend over a year making each plugin not just to sound and look good but also the workflow and how musical it is.

Local Man wrote:
Kinh wrote:

thanks

Mickael
I will admit that is a matter of opinion of course. But I think there is a large proportion of users that would agree with me.
+1
IMHO Soundtoys makes quality plugins, well worth your ca$h when on sale.

Winstontaneous wrote:but 80% of Sandman's presets are Richard Devine-type m@sturbating robot FSU patches
:hihi: :tu: :clap:

Soundtoys, IMHO they are a quality set of interesting "musical" tools, there are other products out there you can buy individually or if Urs ever got his finger out and updated the Ubiq collection that would make an interesting competitor. Also look at D-16s Silverline collection (summer sale, of course)
Back to Soundtoy's I wouldn't pay full price for them but they have regular sales and promos and support a lot of charity work, seem like a company with a heart and worth supporting.

foo21345 wrote:
Local Man wrote:
Kinh wrote:

thanks

Mickael
+1
IMHO Soundtoys makes quality plugins, well worth your ca$h when on sale.
My advice is download the demo of everything and spend hours fiddling around, watch youtube videos, find their limitations and put em up against all the effects you already gotst. If you can get your current plugins to sound even remotely close then it's kinda pointless reaching for the credit card. Otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of shit you dont need and you'll hate yourself for it. I'm notz baggin' soundtoys but I see people tryin' to sell em all the time on this forum.
Personally, I think there are all-in-one effects like Molekular dat can do a lot more as far as modulation and range of sound. Also there's tons of videos on youtube about how to come up with every sound imaginable with stock effects and techniques in your daw. Once ting I've learned is dere aint no silver bullet. :)

Jax Pok wrote:I couldn't live without Sountoys it kills me waiting for another one to be made.
First world problems. Right there. Get a grip. :dog: :nutter: :zzz: :roll:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Yeah, Soundtoys make some of my favorite plug-ins ever. What some of their tutorial videos. There's a lot of functionality that isn't obvious on the surface. Plus they sound amazing.
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

Return to “Effects”