The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:Chickening out as usual :roll:
I would post a Marty McFly pic here but FFS this is tedious on a tablet.

elxsound wrote:
I would post a Marty McFly pic here but FFS this is tedious on a tablet.
Here ya go ...

;)

No, I'm just not letting you bait me. You know who responded in this thread saying that comparing violins to human vocals is not the same thing. Go look 'em up yourself if it's so important to you. But I'm not going through 19 pages of this crap just to suit YOU.

wagtunes wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
vurt wrote:is that for your jimmy saville Halloween costume?

JS: Now then now then, guys and girls (Jingle Jangle Jewelry. Lovely lovely lovely); What have we, here? I have a letter, here, from a young lad: Dear Jim, I'm a musician who can't sing and I hate people. Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll do all the singing for me? Well! How's about that, then?
Dear Jim, I'm a musician who can't play violin, viola, cello, bass, French horn, tuba, flute, saxophone, trumpet or harp. Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll allow me to sound like a whole orchestra?

Like I said, hypocrites.
Not once have I taken issue with your desire for such a plugin. The way you've approached the subject, and played your part in the thread's downfall, aside, I actually think it would not only be a great plugin to have (minus the lame imitation bit), but actually is inevitable at some point. I agree that it would be very useful , for all the reasons that any 'virtual' library/instrument is, and is just an extension of what some already use e.g Vocaloid, word-builder's for choir libraries etc.

The way this thread has gone is due just as much to your continuing lack of self-awareness as to how your own manner/conduct on these forums dictates your negative experience as it is other members not separating the topic form the author. So, think about that (Of course, you won't), before you start yelling, "Hypocrites!" or whatever other insults you might feel like.

As for my post above: It actually wan't even a joke about you; not at all. It was a joke aimed at a very small amount of members, here, who are of a certain generation and location, and a joke about someone that most people would feel nauseous making jokes about. That I used paraphrased quotes from you was only to provide context and help the joke to work. It was no affront to you, and neither was Vurt's reply, which just built on the joke against this other character.

I'd rather you keep just ignoring me, like usual, rather than use an unrelated post to further your own tirades.

wagtunes wrote:

JS: Now then now then, guys and girls (Jingle Jangle Jewelry. Lovely lovely lovely); What have we, here? I have a letter, here, from a young lad: Dear Jim, I'm a musician who can't sing and I hate people. Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll do all the singing for me? Well! How's about that, then?
Dear Jim, I'm a musician who can't play violin, viola, cello, bass, French horn, tuba, flute, saxophone, trumpet or harp. Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll allow me to sound like a whole orchestra?

Like I said, hypocrites.
Not once have I taken issue with your desire for such a plugin. The way you've approached the subject, and played your part in the thread's downfall, aside, I actually think it would not only be a great plugin to have (minus the lame imitation bit), but actually is inevitable at some point. I agree that it would be very useful , for all the reasons that any 'virtual' library/instrument is, and is just an extension of what some already use e.g Vocaloid, word-builder's for choir libraries etc.

The way this thread has gone is due just as much to your continuing lack of self-awareness as to how your own manner/conduct on these forums dictates your negative experience as it is other members not separating the topic form the author. So, think about that (Of course, you won't), before you start yelling, "Hypocrites!" or whatever other insults you might feel like.

As for my post above: It actually wan't even a joke about you; not at all. It was a joke aimed at a very small amount of members, here, who are of a certain generation and location, and a joke about someone that most people would feel nauseous making jokes about. That I used paraphrased quotes from you was only to provide context and help the joke to work. It was no affront to you, and neither was Vurt's reply, which just built on the joke against this other character.

I'd rather you keep just ignoring me, like usual, rather than use an unrelated post to further your own tirades.
Well, my apologies then. But I don't know how else I was supposed to take your post. And honestly, I'm stunned that you don't have a problem with what I want given your contempt for Vocaloid.

el-bo, you do realize you just posted a tirade, right?

Humans.

elxsound wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Yeah. Wags loves a list. Lets see a list of KVR hypocrites, with evidence of their hypocrisies.
At some point I think every member here would make that list!

Its almost as if we were human. :scared:

elxsound wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Yeah. Wags loves a list. Lets see a list of KVR hypocrites, with evidence of their hypocrisies.
At some point I think every member here would make that list!

Its almost as if we were human. :scared:
:lol:

Ok, baited and being one of the *hypocrites* for having a different view on this than you, SW, I'll say a couple of words regarding what I've said.

You're demanding all this PERSONALITY accurately, fully given you by a software. If it really becomes possible, ultimately doesn't it dumb down music for the world? It's not just a sample library, you want to move from this whole musical personality (like there's no ethical issue here at all, either) to the next one like it's nothing.
So this strikes me as exceedingly avaricious and grasping.

I already said it, but again: <Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll allow me to sound like a whole orchestra?> Is just not what the OP states. To have a plugin that'll allow you to sound like any solo violinist, one supposes it's just a matter of having a page in Kontakt or something for it.

It's monstrous to me. You don't like that (barely scratching the surface of a suggested) argument, I suppose that's just too bad. So you hate people. Breaking news to all of us I'm sure, but it would be good for you to get out from your own... source of your own brand, you know, to gain this experience. You can even find people online to work with. This would be the richer thing to do. But what you want is the very extent of a superficial approach and vacuous attitude on this.

You asked for it by posting.

Back to the point, adults...

Such a plugin would be great for backup vocals.

As others have said, I think a plugin of this sort is inevitable at this point. With the pitch shifter like Melodyne & Autotune, I believe the tech for having a real singer's voice is around the corner.

Again... $1k is too much for any plugin.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I looked around the corner and didn't see it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wagtunes wrote:I don't know how else I was supposed to take your post.
Well, you were likely to take it just how you did. Firstly, because when in tantrum mode you maybe aren't going to be so selective about which toys are being thrown out of the pram, and, secondly, because I get the feeling you see this place as those who you think have a vendetta against you, and those who you think do not.

I'm pretty sure which side you'd place me on, but that still doesn't change the fact that the joke wasn't about you or intended to provoke any reaction from you, at all :tu:
wagtunes wrote:And honestly, I'm stunned that you don't have a problem with what I want given your contempt for Vocaloid.
My contempt for your use of Vocaloid is not because I feel you are cheating. I've made it as clear as I could, on a few occasions, that it is not fit for what you require of it: (In English) It has a terrible tone, bad dynamics, a narrow range of expression, diction issues and zero ability to convey emotion. It seems wholly unsuited for use with any language apart from it's native Japanese (Which is to be expected). If it were a real-life singer you'd never hire it, and would probably advise it to get vocal training. I'd guess it ruins 90% of your music for 99% of your intended audience.

As I've also said before, I think you 'might' get better results by training/practicing the dynamics of your performance, and using auto-tune to get you the rest of the way there. It still might not be ideal, but I bet most would prefer it.

As for Vocaloid's place in this scheme of things: I think that even if this perfect vocal sim were to appear, Vocaloid would still be doing a very similar thing to what it's doing now. I might be wrong, but I don't think it's intended to be perfect; Rather, it's designed for a very over-stylised cultural niche. Either way, listening to Vocaloid performances in it's native tongue is a far more pleasant experience. This is a perfect example as it shows the contrast between English and Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsj-IZa ... 49ZDPejmiv

wagtunes wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Like I said, hypocrites.

Well, my apologies then. But I don't know how else I was supposed to take your post. And honestly, I'm stunned that you don't have a problem with what I want given your contempt for Vocaloid.
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

elxsound wrote:el-bo, you do realize you just posted a tirade, right?

jancivil wrote:Ok, baited and being one of the *hypocrites* for having a different view on this than you, SW, I'll say a couple of words regarding what I've said.

You're demanding all this PERSONALITY accurately, fully given you by a software. If it really becomes possible, ultimately doesn't it dumb down music for the world? It's not just a sample library, you want to move from this whole musical personality (like there's no ethical issue here at all, either) to the next one like it's nothing.
So this strikes me as exceedingly avaricious and grasping.

I already said it, but again: <Please could you fix it for me to have a plugin that'll allow me to sound like a whole orchestra?> Is just not what the OP states. To have a plugin that'll allow you to sound like any solo violinist, one supposes it's just a matter of having a page in Kontakt or something for it.

It's monstrous to me. You don't like that (barely scratching the surface of a suggested) argument, I suppose that's just too bad. So you hate people. Breaking news to all of us I'm sure, but it would be good for you to get out from your own... source of your own brand, you know, to gain this experience. You can even find people online to work with. This would be the richer thing to do. But what you want is the very extent of a superficial approach and vacuous attitude on this.

You asked for it by posting.
Just so I'm understanding you correctly. You have no problem using a sample library that is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing but you do have a problem with a piece of software that emulates a human voice to the same degree of accuracy.

That to me is the definition of hypocrite.

If I'm understanding you correctly.

Return to “Instruments”