The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote:I looked around the corner and didn't see it.
:lol: :lol:

Try the other corner :tu:

@el-bo

The reason for the more pleasant sound in Japanese is because English is a more complicated language. I too hear the problems with some of the pronunciation. And there is no way to get any dynamics out of it. The "growl" function is a joke.

I concede all this. I never said Vocaloid was perfect. But it's still a step up from my out of tune hoarse wretched voice because of all the throat problems I've had over the years. My singing is even worse than listening to Vocaloid. So I make do with the software in order to get the "idea" across.

That is why I started this thread. I want a software that is indistinguishable from a real human voice and will pay a lot of money for it.

I also concede that the perfection I'm looking for is not going to happen in my lifetime, if ever. Please read the thread title again. The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 for. Nowhere in my post did I even suggest that I thought this was ever going to happen. It's just a wish.

The problem I have is there are people who look at my wish as some kind of sacrilege while at the same time, using premium sample libraries for all kinds of instruments that they can't even begin to play in real life.

I don't understand why only I and a few other people here can't see that.

That's why I called them hypocrites because I call 'em like I see 'em.

And the irony of all of this is here we are in a forum of virtual instrument discussion with people looking for all kinds of things that they can't play themselves.

It's almost laughable.

But just further proof that there are people here who hate me and always will. And if I want something, they're going to have a problem with it.

This thread is living proof.

I wonder why every single wagtunes thread ends up as a stream of insults.
It's almost as if he needs a bug fix, or update: Wagaloid v2
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I propose a hijack. Is japanese more difficult then English?

Michael L wrote:I wonder why every single wagtunes thread ends up as a stream of insults.
It's almost as if he needs a bug fix, or update: Wagaloid v2
I’m sure the personal focus helps right the ship.

Dasheesh wrote:I propose a hijack. Is japanese more difficult then English?
Well, you need to learn kanji if you want to read at a reasonably high level, so I would say obviously yes.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

wagtunes wrote:@el-bo

The reason for the more pleasant sound in Japanese is because English is a more complicated language. I too hear the problems with some of the pronunciation. And there is no way to get any dynamics out of it. The "growl" function is a joke.

I concede all this. I never said Vocaloid was perfect. But it's still a step up from my out of tune hoarse wretched voice because of all the throat problems I've had over the years. My singing is even worse than listening to Vocaloid. So I make do with the software in order to get the "idea" across.

That is why I started this thread. I want a software that is indistinguishable from a real human voice and will pay a lot of money for it.

I also concede that the perfection I'm looking for is not going to happen in my lifetime, if ever. Please read the thread title again. The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 for. Nowhere in my post did I even suggest that I thought this was ever going to happen. It's just a wish.

The problem I have is there are people who look at my wish as some kind of sacrilege while at the same time, using premium sample libraries for all kinds of instruments that they can't even begin to play in real life.

That's why I called them hypocrites because I call 'em like I see 'em.

And the irony of all of this is here we are in a forum of virtual instrument discussion with people looking for all kinds of things that they can't play themselves.

It's almost laughable.

But just further proof that there are people here who hate me and always will. And if I want something, they're going to have a problem with it.

This thread is living proof.
I know why Vocaloid sounds shit in English. I know why you want to use it. Having nearly everyone hating your songs is at least better than indifference, and I suspect that kind of notoriety also serves you in some perverted way :wink:

As for the last bit: Cut it out, man, and own your shit! These memes of you that exist over the internet are, I'm guessing, a result of your negative interactions on other, unrelated, forums (That's a rhetorical question). So, is it just that people hate you...EVERYWHERE? (And, no, don't start again with the 'people hate me 'cause I'm a straight-shooter', nonsense). I'm sure you have heard the expression that goes something like, "If every time you walk into a room it smells like shit, it's time to check the bottom of your shoes"?

You get what you give out, so if you can't stand receiving it then just stop throwing (It doesn't matter who threw first). You've admitted you hate people, and this clearly shows in your tolerance and how quick to 'turn' against people you are.

I think that people are far more forgiving than you believe. Is it that people are just against you for the sake of it, and forever? (That's a rhetorical question), or do you keep coming with the same behaviour that triggers others' the same, every time? The answer probably lies somewhere in the middle, so maybe try to view each interaction as fresh. Accept that you aren't going to get along with everyone, all the time, and stop playing the victim :shrug:

If you respond, I won't reply. This is not a 'hate' post, nor do I think I'm anyone special to be schoolin' ya. It's frustrating to have to spend so much effort to try to help (Yes! That's what I'm trying to do), while tippy-toeing on eggshells, making sure to be direct but not too much...blah-blah-blah, just to then hear the same deflection etc.

I think your enjoyment of this place, or not, is absolutely in your hands :tu:

@ wags: isn't the tech you're looking for already in beta,
surrounded by somewhat pliable and cooperative plastic women?

:? The AI part could get really dangerous when creating presets,
if you fon't rtfm :dog: :hyper:

The dollyfriend industry is probably far better funded than xoxos,
and Native Instruments, among others, and are no doubt
taking a shot at replicating some serious vocal realism.
You might need a joystick-to-midi adaptor at some point.
Cheers

vurt wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Add Rebecca Black and I'm in.
im pretty sure a human costs more than 50k.
Not Rebecca Black, surely?

wagtunes wrote:

okay... that's funny :lol:

Every step towards greater automation and fabrication rather than spontaneous expression makes quite many people uneasy. There is a sense that something is lost. What you are asking for is a couple steps farther along that path than sample libraries.

Also, these days, all the instruments might be fake, but there is still a solid sense of the human voice being distinguishable and in a sense, unique. Seems understandable to me that someone could lament the loss of that and in feeling so, I don't think they deserve to be called a hypocrite because they use sample libraries.

Reducing life and people into dichotomous and conflicting camps is really one of the banes of human society. It turns everyone into cardboard cutouts.

One of the other banes is that so many people aspire
to be such a cutout, and then happily settle for less

Since this isn't reality, not by a long, long ways, it's really a thought experiment.

So, there's my thought. I'm nauseated by the notion. It's not really a notion in the abstract as, it seems to me we can all attest to. So what it is is an in extremis, in the farthest reach or extent, for people that engage in the activity of 'virtual' music making.

It seemed so obvious to me: you make everything available by the machine - this amounts to AI, and the reasons it doesn't happen and won't, possibly in the time the human has left here, are not trivial - and ultimately (thought experiment, don't forget) it depresses the potential among the pool of people who can possibly become musicians. Because if somehow this was achievable with voice, it has to be for everything, really, and the leveling of personality in music (what if we were someday to realize that with every possible personal style, or every desirable famous voice that's ever been, scannable and with only the work of entering note-ons and controlling conditions for switching available to any and all hacks, that 'personality' has been sussed?) indicates such a radical depression of human will. Think, really think about this. If this were possible, do some of the rest of our thought experiment and begin to imagine the rest of tech at this level.

Beyond the considerations of automation of work (sure, put all singers out of work because I hate people and cannot work with any, TOO) which is a definite part of why I believe that the human is not long for this world, it's use-it-or-lose-it. It's HG Wells The Time Machine. For anything that has no idea what I'm on about it, read. Read some things; read specifically this book. Seriously.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

pdxindy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

okay... that's funny :lol:

Every step towards greater automation and fabrication rather than spontaneous expression makes quite many people uneasy. There is a sense that something is lost. What you are asking for is a couple steps farther along that path than sample libraries.

Also, these days, all the instruments might be fake, but there is still a solid sense of the human voice being distinguishable and in a sense, unique. Seems understandable to me that someone could lament the loss of that and in feeling so, I don't think they deserve to be called a hypocrite because they use sample libraries.

Reducing life and people into dichotomous and conflicting camps is really one of the banes of human society. It turns everyone into cardboard cutouts.
That “there is still a solid sense,” is suggestive of exactly what WT has been saying that it is only a relevant thought because the technology for it has not yet been created. It really is a fair comparison between the use of orchestral libraries now, and the want for a vocal technology that doesn’t exist yet. While I don’t think calling people hypocrites is the easiest way to make a point, it’s still valid.

And like usual, you make great points about human interaction while simultaneously attacking someone by childishly altering his text to take on a different meaning. Unless your final point was facetious I don’t understand why you would make it in that very same post. Do as I say but not as I do? Which camp does that belong to? :party:

jancivil wrote:Since this isn't reality, not by a long, long ways, it's really a thought experiment.

So, there's my thought. I'm nauseated by the notion. It's not really a notion in the abstract as, it seems to me we can all attest to. So what it is is an in extremis, in the farthest reach or extent, for people that engage in the activity of 'virtual' music making.

It seemed so obvious to me: you make everything available by the machine - this amounts to AI, and the reasons it doesn't happen and won't, possibly in the time the human has left here, are not trivial - and ultimately (thought experiment, don't forget) it depresses the potential among the pool of people who can possibly become musicians. Because if somehow this was achievable with voice, it has to be for everything, really, and the leveling of personality in music (what if we were someday to realize that with every possible personal style, or every desirable famous voice that's ever been, scannable and with only the work of entering note-ons and controlling conditions for switching available to any and all hacks, that 'personality' has been sussed?) indicates such a radical depression of human will. Think, really think about this. If this were possible, do some of the rest of our thought experiment and begin to imagine the rest of tech at this level.

Beyond the considerations of automation which is a definite part of why I believe that the human is not long for this world, it's use-it-or-lose-it. It's HG Wells The Time Machine. For anything that has no idea what I'm on about it, read. Read some things; read specifically this book. Seriously.

edits = typos
Your conclusion of what that type of technology will bring is what’s depressing, because it requires assuming that it will become normal and accepted as being better than the real thing. Even WT concedes that just like the sample libraries being used, you can in most cases tell the difference between a real orchestra and a sampled one.

Anyway, I think that there would be a market for it, but it it wouldn’t replace anything.

glokraw wrote:One of the other banes is that so many people aspire
to be such a cutout, and then happily settle for less
Paper cutout?

Return to “Instruments”