Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's up to us to earn moar moneyz (personally, I am bad at this), so that we can afford... everything :-) Nobody complains. Also, dreaming of things that we can afford one day, is a value.

jens wrote:I never really got the kind of insane discounts as cprompt did.
I'm a massive cheap-skate and always keep my eyes open for a bargain. Sign up for emails, follow on Twitter, read the bargains thread here on KVR and it's easy to load up on waaaaaay to many plugins that I never use, but then, didn't really pay too much for either :D

Also, bide your time - I've got many plugins for insanely low money simply because I waited until a deal came along. Case in point, I heard about Stigmatized Drums a year or so back, and the demo sounded cool, but €75 was too much for me. Made a note of it and moved on. Then there was a deal a few months ago for $19 or something crazy and boom, picked them up.

That's pretty much how I got all the Plugin Alliance stuff - patience :lol:
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Rational wrote:
jens wrote:Who is complaining?

I don't understand how people on these kind of online forums always consider criticism/negative feedback of a Company/product they love "complaining" or even "whining". :shrug:
Yep. Exactly. Just stating my thoughts on my threshold and how I value products vs the marketplace. Right now there's tons of other products. I own 70% of them already. So the value proposition keeps going down.

So I'm not complaining about it. Just stating my stance.

I do complain about other things though like how companies handle their customer service or how they fail to make things clear for the customer, etc.
Not everyone has been complaining and/or whining in this thread, but there definitely has been some of that going on too.

I've spent more than £800 on discounted products (approx £1,500 before discounts) on Plugin Alliance software during the past 7 years. Many of those are excellent plugins which I use regularly.
However, like others in this thread I see absolutely no benefit in this '10 plugins for £841 deal' to longstanding customers who have bought many of the plugins that they already need.
Perhaps it is geared towards new potential customers who haven't bought much from PA? I suspect it is just an ill-thought out subscription gimmick that PA may regret in time, as it seems to be of no attraction to many PA customers judging by this thread and elsewhere on the internet.

Also, PA have just stopped their educational discounts abruptly since March 1st.
As a teacher, I had been in contact during the past 2 weeks with PA about an educational discount for a £349 plugin: on Feb 28th, I was offered a 50% discount and was going to take PA up on this once my wages came through on 16th March.
However, in correspondence during the past couple of days with a PA rep, I now find completely out of the blue that these educational discounts for teachers (and maybe for schools?) have suddenly been terminated without any sort of notice.
Instead they advised me to spend £841 on 10 plugins instead when I only wanted one plugin @_@!!

So I will wait to see if that particular plugin (DearVR Pro) is available at a tempting discounted price in the next few Christmas sales instead.
Given the way that software development progresses, perhaps a cheaper and better alternative will come on the market in the meantime.
A curious way by PA to lose the interest and immediate money, which would have been paid this week, of a longstanding customer.

dark water wrote: I see absolutely no benefit in this '10 plugins for £841 deal' to longstanding customers who have bought many of the plugins that they already need.
They recently announced new partnerships, which means new plugins coming.

I previously bought some of their plugins when on sale back when we could get away with not paying tax but they changed all that. So I stopped buying anything that was more than $40 before tax.

But no matter, like others I now get my PA plugins secondhand and use the voucher to pay the transfer fee and get better prices than the suckers who buy direct, even when on sale :lol:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

^^ tbh, I'll be doing that myself now as the company's new change of management / policy is disappointing to say the least.
In addition to the abrupt termination, mid-communication, for the educational discount mentioned above, I now find that my monthly voucher has also been halved in value.
Naturally, it is for PA to decide how they wish to run their business, and how/if they wish to provide discounts. But equally I'm much less interested in spending my money with them now, compared to with the last six years, given their sudden change of management ideas and also the fact that it will take a novel or exceptional plugin to replace/add to the ones I have already.

dark water wrote: it will take a novel or exceptional plugin to replace/add to the ones I have already.
At the moment I only see Unfiltered Audio pulling this off for them, all their other stuff is vying for space in the oversaturated market of plugins that do 'more of the same just maybe slightly different to produce the same results'.

If they pulled my voucher now I wouldnt be bothered, Ive gotten all their stuff I want second hand.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I think the only question is who is going to be the company first to choose to be the Audible.com of the plugin space.

Might be PA if they're smart. Or it could be someone else like Waves or someone like the guys running vstbuzz or audioplugin.deals. E.g. someone striving. Maybe one of the bundle gaming companies will realize it and enter this space... humble bundle or fanatical. Or even Steam.

To me PA makes the most sense since they're an aggregator of other company's products. But they aren't acting very visionary at the moment it seems.

Whoever figures out an inexpensive (Under $29/month) subscription model based on actually owning the products each month will win big. There are just too many products now that are aging and losing value. I won't pay money on a subscription just to see that once I stop paying I lose all the money I invested prior. To me that is completely stupid and unfulfilling. Those subscriptions are for stuff like Netflix where the selection is enormous and where I wouldn't want to watch them more than once anyway. And the price has to be under $10, or even less per month.

For VST plugins and instruments, my max would be around $29 per month and I get to own one, two or three new plugins each month depending on their size to value ratio based on age, etc. And all selectable from a large catalog. Offer that and we'd have a winner.

sqigls wrote: not sure who the target market is
Could be just me and russel hahaha

I didn't own any pa plugs before and I can just throw pocket change at it and eventually own it so... why not? Just wish it was more flexible. Like pick any 10 to use now and get a coupon for 1 free plug from that list every 3 months. You know, pick only your favs that way, cancel whenever. But whatever. Got unfiltered and a couple spl and elysia plugs so I can sync personal shit with the studio a lil better now. More than happy for that.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:At the moment I only see Unfiltered Audio pulling this off for them, all their other stuff is vying for space in the oversaturated market of plugins that do 'more of the same just maybe slightly different to produce the same results'.
My thoughts exactly. Same results, hehe ;) I'm wishing for a PA like collective with a quality "creative only" portfolio. All that emulation targeted stuff at PA is rather uninteresting for me. I see e.g. stuff from UA, or Zynaptiq in there.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:At the moment I only see Unfiltered Audio pulling this off for them, all their other stuff is vying for space in the oversaturated market of plugins that do 'more of the same just maybe slightly different to produce the same results'.
My thoughts exactly. Same results, hehe ;) I'm wishing for a PA like collective with a quality "creative only" portfolio. All that emulation targeted stuff at PA is rather uninteresting for me. I see e.g. stuff from UA, or Zynaptiq in there.
:tu: :clap:

Rational wrote: For VST plugins and instruments, my max would be around $29 per month and I get to own one, two or three new plugins each month depending on their size to value ratio based on age, etc. And all selectable from a large catalog. Offer that and we'd have a winner.
Like an upmarket TrackSpark (https://www.trackspark.com/). I've had a few goodies from Trackspark over the last 18 months (I don't pay full price for the monthly subscription).

Like an upmarket TrackSpark (https://www.trackspark.com/). I've had a few goodies from Trackspark over the last 18 months (I don't pay full price for the monthly subscription).
Exactly. I've also got trackspark. Most months I'm underwhelmed. But every so often I get a plugin that almost makes up for it in total cost over time, so I keep it going. For now.

I could also see East West doing an audible.com type of monthly sub. In fact, I sent them the idea 7 years ago and got severely rebuffed at the time by their support guy. But.. I see since they're doing 2 for 1 deals often. Now that their catalog is ancient and not so special anymore as competition has increased, now is a good time for them to start an income stream like I suggest where we get to own new items monthly for a cheap price and they get a monthly income stream.

If they had done this via Splice , they might have had a winner. Miss a payment, and you lose your plugins and all the money you spent. Thats not the case with Splice.

DJMaytag wrote:If they had done this via Splice , they might have had a winner. Miss a payment, and you lose your plugins and all the money you spent. Thats not the case with Splice.
Dirk, the owner of PA said that they are willing to help in case a missed payment.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Effects”