Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

D-Fusion wrote: Not only that but some of the sounds from Dimension Pro sounds flatter and weaker when played in Rapture Pro.
Which ones?

I forgot to ask.... Bandlab?

Bandlab bought all of Cakewalk's IP from Gibson.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Magic Russ wrote:
D-Fusion wrote: Not only that but some of the sounds from Dimension Pro sounds flatter and weaker when played in Rapture Pro.
Which ones?
The Juno Snapper from Dim Pro is a good example to show the difference.

My vote is for Z3ta+2, Rapture is pretty cool but it's more or less a glorified rompler.
fmr wrote: Anyway, I never understood why would Cakewalk loose time with macOS in this day and age. macOS is loosing momentum each day, and their strategy of a new OS version each year makes supporting their OS a nightmare. It was a waste of resources
Uhm no, it's not losing momentum at all. Apple are doing fine. Music software wise Apple has pretty much always been half the market and continues to be. You're just the token Apple hater around these parts this year. :roll:

machinesworking wrote:Rapture is pretty cool but it's more or less a glorified rompler.
Mmmm....Rapture is so much more than a rompler Monsieur Machine....

You can use Kontakt for that task :lol:

Dimension Pro was more in the rompler mode....

The Dimension engine that Rene created,is the heart of Rapture and Dime Pro and it's quite advanced with excellent specs....

There's not too much aliasing in those audio engines :wink:
No auto tune...

machinesworking wrote:My vote is for Z3ta+2, Rapture is pretty cool but it's more or less a glorified rompler.
fmr wrote: Anyway, I never understood why would Cakewalk loose time with macOS in this day and age. macOS is loosing momentum each day, and their strategy of a new OS version each year makes supporting their OS a nightmare. It was a waste of resources
Uhm no, it's not losing momentum at all. Apple are doing fine. Music software wise Apple has pretty much always been half the market and continues to be. You're just the token Apple hater around these parts this year. :roll:
Half the market? Yea in 2012 maybe. Nobody buys new apple shit for pro work.

machinesworking wrote: Music software wise Apple has pretty much always been half the market and continues to be.
Global Market Share 5.43%

http://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share

Desktop Share 8.41%

Market Share

Can't find any statistics for the Music Production Market where the percentage is no doubt higher but I doubt it's anywhere near 50%.

There is obviously enough financial incentive for even small developers to support the Mac even after factoring in the initial cost of hardware and time spent programming and supporting the platform.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Can't find any statistics for the Music Production Market where the percentage is no doubt higher but I doubt it's anywhere near 50%.
Why not, there's plenty of Pro Tools guys that use Mac's since forever, plenty of Logic users in same industry circles, most of the live gigging laptop guys use Macbooks.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Can't find any statistics for the Music Production Market where the percentage is no doubt higher but I doubt it's anywhere near 50%.
Why not, there's plenty of Pro Tools guys that use Mac's since forever, plenty of Logic users in same industry circles, most of the live gigging laptop guys use Macbooks.
Back up your assertions with facts. Links ?

What percentage of "live gigging laptop guys" are there compared to bedroom producers ? How many "pro" studios versus home studios and so on. That's where Market Share comes in. Not how many Stevie Aoki's there are..... :wink:

I'm not a Mac hater I just have never understood the desire to pay more, get less, and spend the rest of my life begging for Mac versions of Windows software. Just to be one of the "cool kids" is not enough incentive for me...... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Zexila wrote:
Back up your assertions with facts. Links ?

What percentage of "live gigging laptop guys" are there compared to bedroom producers ? How many "pro" studios versus home studios and so on. That's where Market Share comes in. Not how many Stevie Aoki's there are..... :wink:
You have none for music production also, how many home studios are there really and how many of them are using mac's too, how many bedroom producers quits in mater of months, how many of them use warez, how many run hacktintoshes, it's all numbers we both don't know for sure, but here's nice page, at least you can see what's popular with ones that are doing this for a living.

http://equipboard.com/
I'm not a Mac hater I just have never understood the desire to pay more, get less, and spend the rest of my life begging for Mac versions of Windows software. Just to be one of the "cool kids" is not enough incentive for me...... :hihi:
Some folks have enough money so they don't care about same things as others and that ecosystem suits them, it works for them, that machine put food on their table, what's so strange about it, they need reliable machine for their work and they got used to using it all this time.

Pointless debate really, seem to remember some developers here had 50-50 numbers for their Win-OS X userbase/sales/downloads/whatevers, so it's not that strange really.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Teksonik wrote:I'm not a Mac hater I just have never understood the desire to pay more, get less, and spend the rest of my life begging for Mac versions of Windows software. Just to be one of the "cool kids" is not enough incentive for me...... :hihi:
There've been numerous spec comparisons between Macs and PCs over the years with a variety of results. Macs aren't consistently "less for more money" (be sure to compare exact types of CPU/RAM when comparing PC desktops to Mac Pros).

The most expensive laptop I ever had was a Sony VAIO. It was a piece of trash. Exchanged it for a much better MacBook Pro, and got more than ⅓ of my money back. Only thing missing in the Mac that the Sony had was an express card slot.

I haven't begged for software ports since I was a BeOS user begging for BeOS ports of Mac software.

"Coolness" has nothing to do with my computer choices. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks is cool.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Zexila wrote:Some folks have enough money so they don't care about same things
Trust me I could afford a boatload of Macs but I'm not one of those guys who has more Dollars than Sense. :wink:

People make it in the business not because they use a Mac but in spite of it....... :hihi:
Zexila wrote:Pointless debate really, seem to remember some developers here had 50-50 numbers for their Win-OS X userbase/sales/downloads/whatevers, so it's not that strange really.
It's pointless if you can't back up your assertions as your memories count for nothing. Like I said earlier there is obviously enough financial incentive even for small developers to release Mac versions of their software even with the threat of it breaking with every .0001 release of Mac OS.

I'm just messing with you as it's fun to trigger Mac users as they tend to be in violent "defense of purchase" mode all the time.

We can certainly tell the difference between Windows Users and Mac Fans. :wink:

Anyway back on topic I hope Bandlab updates the entire Cakewalk/RGC catalog on both Win and Mac. I'm not too sure if there is enough financial incentive for them to do so but time will tell what they do with their newly acquired code.

Peace, I'm out........ :arrow:

I never got to play with Rapture Pro but I did enjoy Dimension Pro and Rapture for quite a while even putting up with the slightly annoying workaround to install them on my Mac. I'm not sure if that would still work on my latest machine...hmmm...might see if I still have the installers and see if I can get them to work with 32Lives.

BTW, nice work in turning this into another Mac/PC thread... :dog: :lol:

Teksonik wrote:It's pointless if you can't back up your assertions as your memories count for nothing.
Same as you really, you brought nothing more than personal preference and opinion, speculation based on your own reasoning, so yeah, quite pointless.
I'm just messing with you as it's fun to trigger Mac users as they tend to be in violent "defense of purchase" mode all the time.
I have late 2006 Macbook and use PC, don't know what are you on about.
We can certainly tell the difference between Windows Users and Mac Fans. :wink:
Yeah, more than clear. :tu:

Have a blast, I'm out too. :hug:

Return to “Instruments”