Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
fmr
KVRAF

6952 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

David wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Astralp wrote:I just hope everyone thinks it's a fair solution :)

Fair? This is far beyond fair IMO :love: :clown: :-)
Thank you so much for all your work - it's really inspiring!

Well, ditto, big time!You've passed so far beyond treating us fairly that the concept doesn't even apply any longer; this is sheer generosity, pure gifting… NOT to be forgotten:) Thank you!! And to all who've joined in the party!

I join my voice to the choir :)
Fernando (FMR)
Rktect
KVRer

17 posts since 20 Mar, 2014, from Chicago, IL

Postby Rktect; Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 pm Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Joined as well!! :hyper: :phones:
Astralp
KVRAF

1732 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:08 pm Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

thanks to you all :) It's been an amazing experience and even though I didn't fully comprehend the work involved, it's ended up being like a marathon. I've really enjoyed the creative train through it all and happy with the resulting instruments and very grateful to everyone who has taken part. I really hope the instruments will make lots of music too!

It's been a very complex release to put together but the Sequencer collection is available now from here. I've been finding a few bugs tonight so there are probably still some lurking, if you get it and find any please let me know and I'll get them fixed asap. Here is a video of the 3 Main sequencers in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxnqqy ... e=youtu.be

On the subject of Midi plugins, I never saw the loom plug, but my mind has certainly been moving towards some sort of Modular system for Midi, but will probably be a while down the road. I think it would be a good idea to start with some simple Plugins such as these sequencers which can then be integrated at a later stage when I know JUCE well enough. I'm started to get excited by the whole thing now, I've been thinking about JUCE for many years but never found the time to get there. During the last year I've set myself up for cross platform development in anticipation as well as getting hold of a couple of iPads.

You will notice that the Group buy number has now jumped since I added the people who bought Procession to the Sequencer collection which counts towards the GB Numbers. There are currently only 23 needed to get to ReaniDrum!
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2423 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

When does the group buy end - still time for me to jump in?
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:36 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

It's running until April 2nd so just over 2 weeks to go :)

I've just updated Chordian Advanced and Procession Advanced to now display each actual note played in real-time for each of the pitch sequencers.
woggle
KVRian

1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Astralp wrote:It's running until April 2nd so just over 2 weeks to go :)

I've just updated Chordian Advanced and Procession Advanced to now display each actual note played in real-time for each of the pitch sequencers.

we live in a Golden Age - your work has been remarkable (and I'll put in a promo for SzCz as well - so much great stuff coming out for incredibly reasonable prices )
fmr
KVRAF

6952 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

woggle wrote: we live in a Golden Age - your work has been remarkable (and I'll put in a promo for SzCz as well - so much great stuff coming out for incredibly reasonable prices )

Sorry if I disagree with you, but this is way beyond reason. This is absolutely insane. One of the best deals I ever had. Kudos to Astralp :tu: :D
Fernando (FMR)
jbraner
KVRian

742 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Postby jbraner; Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:51 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

the Sequencer collection is available now from here

I'm in - so that's another one for the group buy (as already in from the beginning...)
tatanka
KVRian

927 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Hi Andy,

a little request for the new sequencer bundle.

I am not sure if I get it right but I would think it would make sense (and could be great) to let these work together (one after another, for example the progression sequencer first, then procession after it for example). So it would be nice to see this in action if possible in a little video. Not urgent, only if you think it may make sense.

Maybe someone else who already bought the bundle might join in and do the job :-)).

Another hint, maybe already on your list: I am not sure if there are many people occassionally looking on your website, but maybe good to have this new bundle not only on the kontakt site but on the front of the homepage too ?
nordickvr
KVRian

763 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:17 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

jbraner wrote:
the Sequencer collection is available now from here

I'm in - so that's another one for the group buy (as already in from the beginning...)

+ 1 Sequencer collection here to get the next level.
Thanks Andy!
Pushing Kontakt experiment like you do is just awesome.
Thala
KVRer

15 posts since 15 Oct, 2015

Postby Thala; Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:01 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

tatanka wrote:I am not sure if I get it right but I would think it would make sense (and could be great) to let these work together (one after another, for example the progression sequencer first, then procession after it for example).

imo this is a typical workflow, used by many people in bitwig, because it works very well. this is just one possible example, how i like to setup these "generate everything out of one note thingy":

https://imgur.com/ScGW9Xu

since every single element in the GUI (incl. the on/off buttons of devices) can be modulated with bitwigs modulators, this stuff is pretty mindblowing and a endless playground.

so i second tatankas idea to melt your midi kontakt sequencers into something like this, maybe adding midi effects, like a midi pitch delay and/or a Latch mode, which is possible to do poly/mono latches.
this way you can make sure to get out only mono legato (if you want) while brainless firing notes with a multi-note generator :P

have a nice sunday everyone!
Thala
KVRer

15 posts since 15 Oct, 2015

Postby Thala; Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:22 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

hey again!

first impressions of Chord Stepper incoming:
:)
this thing is even a powerful addition to bitwigs possibilities :D
and it is possible to do the funk! but i haven`t find a shuffle/swing knob yet.

2nd impression:
needs hardly a scale correction (like tatanka mentioned on Procession already). does any DAW have a midi-scale correction tool like bitwig?
this is the bit of extra, which makes the difference, when it comes to using the random button: nearly every click on a random button leads into a succesful and useable output with a scale correction on it.
so i highly recommend puting a scale correction tool behind all these devices. i am fine without internal scale corrections, since bitwig is handling this fine for me. and makes the patches/sequences even more interchangeable between songs, since the track/daw will handle it.

here is a small example, what i am talking about:
https://youtu.be/02fPfN67PGI

Cheers
Thala
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:48 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Procession and Chordian are locked to the Scales you draw or select so that Randomization is always useful? Stepper is very different and cannot be locked to a scale because it uses Pre-defined Chord Shapes, the 1st 2 are about Randomizing freely, Stepper is about building Chord Progressions which is not an easy thing to randomize. if it had a Scale on the back of that it would completely defeat it's purpose as it wouldn't be sequencing chords any more, besides which that is what the other 2 do :)

Stepper is definitely a sequencer to work with to get useful results, much more a tool than a sonic explorer. But you can switch off the Chord randomization and randomize everything else with good results but i think the chords need to set using your ears. I purposely left out Tune from the global Randomizer as that brings even more unmusical chaos, but you can randomize it from it's own row Randomizer.

@tatanka I haven't released it to the world yet just to the mailing list, I will most likely get the PR done tomorrow but today I'm taking it easier and just responding to emails etc. It' been an intense few days getting this ready.

I'm not sure there would be much value in chaining these sequencers seeing as the all only respond to a single note at a time, but I'd love to see how people are using them :)

The main restriction for doing more interesting stuff in Kontakt is that I have no control over Note Off which initially made my heart sink because absolute control over this opens up many more possibilities. As it stands you have to precalculate all Note times in advance and use the lengths to prevent premature note cutoffs in advance. That's why the maximum length of a note can't run over another step, otherwise overlapping notes of the same pitch would be cutoff from the first note Off message. I'm sure note Off used to work, there is a function for it but it doesn't do anything unfortunately. Once I get going with JUCE it will be much better for these kind of Sequencers, it's amazing that Kontakt has this ability at all really which is well beyond what you would expect from a sample player :)

yes Bitwig is fantastic, it's a very liberating environment. I only upgraded to v2 a few months ago and still haven't had enough time to fully explore it even though I have it open all day whilst working on the scripts! I have had plenty of Modular fun here and there though.

Just 11 More to unlock reaniDrum!
PajKVR
KVRer

15 posts since 28 Oct, 2015

Postby PajKVR; Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Just bought the Kontakt MIDI Sequencers. Additional stuff for a second buy-in! Here's a trend I'd like to see start with other developers.

Is this the most charitable group buy ever?

Paj
8^)
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

3034 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Postby Kalamata Kid; Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 am Re: HGSounds Augment/Destiny/Reanimator/Procession Group Buy $14.99 - Level 15

Hope we make to Level 18
Chord Stepper - A 16 step Midi Sequence which Sequences Chords
This Chord Stepper sounds interesting!

So what is the Chordian Advanced?

Great! JUCE!
It is multitouch!
Fantastic!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)