Trackpreset Drumloops - No Stereo Clip??

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just exploring the little goodie, meaning the set of riccardo lombardo drum loops.

first of all:
great sound, cool rhythms, great concept with the trackpresets, that can come in as clip or full multitrack!
i already had great fun with polyrhythms, when layering 5/4 and 6/4 and other "mixtures" :)

there is just one thing, that needs to be thought of in my opinion:
in those multitrack files are some OH/Room tracks, that need to be panned left right, to get the "real" sound as it is meant. mono sounds flat and phasey.

when i import multitrack or clip from those lombardo trackpresets, they are all mono!
in the multitrack-import i can edit those tracks and every thing is good. but when a clip is imported, it is mono and sounds bad. i would have to import the multitrackversion, change the panning on some tracks and save it again as trackpreset.

this was not meant to be distributed like this, or was it?
i would expect to have the full stereo setup right from the get go, when i'd buy a pack of these.

apart from that, great idea! i love it :)

At the moment, the presets are simply mono mixes of the full multi-track content. They're mainly designed as a way to browse and preview the loops quickly.

Due to the construction kit nature of the loops, you really could build tons of different mixes for each pattern. We'll be adding more over time that are more mixed to give a better starting point for building clip-based sequences.

Hope that helps.

yep, thanks!

would be great though, to edit all the multitrack trackpresets, to have all the tracks that are meant to be L-R, already panned (overhead, room-stereomics), when the complete multitrack setup is imported/opened from the trackpreset (i assume that panning is stored with a trackpreset ...?). as standard layout, so to speak, not something the user has to do by himself. those tracks are meant to be heard in stereo, otherwise the sound is hollow and phasey.
another solution would be, to have the overhead and room stereotracks stored as stereoclips, so no panning is needed.

that also is the problem with the monomix of the clip right now, it sounds pretty bad compared to what it could be, when the stereoinformation would be retained. is it a big thing to just render a stereo-clip from the multitrack-preset? (given that the problem described above is solved ...)
Last edited by klangbastler on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can someone point me to the section in the manual that explains how to use the loop presets? I'm new to Waveform and can't figure out where to find these?

you have to search for "presets", in the search inside a waveform edit. the drummers name is at the beginning of a presets name.
then drag a preset onto a track and you will be presented a menu with clip and multitrack, to choose from.

Got it - thanks!

Return to “Tracktion”