Alternative to the Uad Mk2 Ssl

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

HI Guys,
Anyone could share what will be a decent alternative to the Uad ssl mk2 it destroyed all algos I ever tried. It's a bit pricey to buy now this retro thinking guys adjusted the rates dollar vs pound and its not justifiable spending 180 quit on a code even that I like it a lot will wait for a sale.I try to stay away a bit from Uad but some of the mk2 plugs just smash the competition.

I use Mjuc,Dyna Mu, Shadow Hills and my favourite it's Tdr Feedback but they somehow don't provide the openness and glue like the Uad did. The other clones are not satisfying.

What should I try also some decent saturation for the drum bus? I've tried Saturator x it's OK but it's still very 1 dimensional a bit. Overloud Culture Vulture and Sdrr are the other I tried.

The ssl duende channel strip is on par with uad, imo. But if you own the legacy uad ssl channel strip, you probably have a coupon in your account and can buy the mk2 for cheap (actualy).

No don't own it hm the Uad Mk2 sounds different the the Duende it's not the same comp also. Thanks for the suggestion.
My Uad L2 comp gets there but no sidechain filtering I do tech house and the kick leads so it triggers the comp too much. THE Dyna Mu sounds good but I don't like Manley Vary Mu on bus it just sounds mushy.
One thing I know for sure it's that the Ssl g kills a bit the highs.
Maybe would be possible to simulate it with vcc and some other comp,? Dunno if I drive it hard but vcc it's insta tinyizer

Vertigo VSC-2 maybe?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It sounds like your talking about the SSL Bus Compressor (they're also known for their consoles). I haven't used the UAD MK2, but Cytomic's The Glue is a fantastic SSL emulation. It's not as colorful as the hardware in it's current state, but Andy says an HD update is in the works that will add the additional non-linearities absent in the current model. That said, it's still my most used because it just sounds amazing as-is. The IK version sounds good too. Darker and beefier than The Glue.

If you're also looking for drum saturation, that's one area where I really like Soundtoys Decapitator.

Ya used the decap demo it's nice but I hate this i lok it drive me nuts

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It sounds like your talking about the SSL Bus Compressor (they're also known for their consoles). I haven't used the UAD MK2, but Cytomic's The Glue is a fantastic SSL emulation. It's not as colorful as the hardware in it's current state, but Andy says an HD update is in the works that will add the additional non-linearities absent in the current model. That said, it's still my most used because it just sounds amazing as-is. The IK version sounds good too. Darker and beefier than The Glue.

If you're also looking for drum saturation, that's one area where I really like Soundtoys Decapitator.
Its the Ssl G Bus comp don't know what they did but its impart very 3 dimensional soundstage and it kinda opens up the whole drum bus/mix and u feel the track its finished no more.
I used for a bit drawmer 1978 it does compare well to plugins but my friend sold it for dirty cheap and didn't told me. I want to avoid the loop stage as its make things complicated for a very subtle difference.

Lol if Andy would do non lin on the glue that would be fantastic. It's very close to the Tk audio but its too clean I got rid of all hardware and now I need a bit organic feel to escape this horrible plasticky sound and clean I hate clean.
I've tried Ao Busto but this is just full of joke.. Can't take serious such a devs.

Zexila wrote:Vertigo VSC-2 maybe?
It's not on par with nowadays stuff the old algos just don't give u this finished sound.
Mjuc kinda do but vary mu style it's not the best topology for tech house..

lacandon wrote:
Zexila wrote:Vertigo VSC-2 maybe?
It's not on par with nowadays stuff the old algos just don't give u this finished sound.
Mjuc kinda do but vary mu style it's not the best topology for tech house..
How people made tech house before nowadays new algo shiznits?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Some have the money for the hw others don't really care as someone else it's make their sound. I don't make money anymore from it but I still want to have good sounding tracks. This Uad sounds pretty much like the hw 98 percent maybe. Its just very expensive and it's tied with that bullshit dsp tech it slows me down.. I want to work as fast as possible

Checked in other forums will wait this non lin update of the Glue and wait Uad Sales I might use Ampex for a while to get me a bit I a fat city land.

lacandon wrote:Some have the money for the hw others don't really care as someone else it's make their sound.
So you are telling me that big part of tech house sound is SSL?

Not but this is the only plugin I heard yet delivering the sonics I heard from my outboard to a point Its set and forget.Getting this life and glue it makes much of the rest coloration saturation whatever not necessary. There its a reason the ssl it's famous for it have this finished sound.Most of the plugins just doesn't have that it's very important to focus on the music and arrangement and techniques.
This plugin sounds even better then the drawmer 1978 on the bus.. I spent gazillion hours testing that with nebula and others but greatest things work fast and easy.
There its a lot of plugins hitting the market nowadays don't know them hence I asked here.

Makes sense, thanks for the patience and info.

Presswerk

Return to “Effects”