Any Waves plugins worth buying?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

beeny wrote:I've been suckered into a bunch of the $29 deals. Some are in every session, some I forget that I even own.
I'm sort of ashamed of how many I got from those 29$ deals over the last couple years. :help:

I think waves are making some of really great plugins (some of wich are unchangable in some cases), but theyr DRM system is something i cannot stand. Especialy when you need to travel and take "your" plugins with you. And if you are using FL Studio, be prepeared for random missing vst 2 or 3 versions after some scaning for new plugins or updating to the latest plugin wrapper version.

As how hard it is to say this for me but...i really believe its the only time when try before buy version actually might give you less headache :evil:

If not theyr stupid requirement to have updated WUP my Waves licences would be already on market. And if its not theyr stupid DRM system i would have more of theyr plugins.

redlester wrote:Just bought the H-Reverb, and really like it.
Yeah it’s great and it’s only 29$ today. I use the reverb mostly for ambient music since this reverb can do so much more than most reverbs can do e. g reverse, flanging reverb etc. Maxxbass is another great plug-in I use on kicks and on some special effects sounds.

I got Scheps Omni Channel at intro price and it's a real no brainer. It's back at intro price right now.

Daimonicon wrote:
redlester wrote:Just bought the H-Reverb, and really like it.
Yeah it’s great and it’s only 29$ today. I use the reverb mostly for ambient music since this reverb can do so much more than most reverbs can do e. g reverse, flanging reverb etc..
I’ve only had time to play with it briefly but it seems very feature packed and sounds really good.

I had been half considering going down the UAD route because I would love to have access to the AMD RMX16 emulation, but I figured £20 was a bit more justifiable than £1000-ish. Am surprised Arturia haven’t yet started classic effects unit emulations yet.

Waves Motion Brauer this is the kinda of plugins they stand out with quite unique and creative

Mondomod

I got the Abbey Road plates and the H bundle. The plates are nice, but probably not for all genres. I really like H-Delay on vocals. It is a character delay, and you haven't listed any delays at all. At any rate, it's just that bit different in sound from any other delay I have, and not like something digital that just adds the same signal back in.

Have used the H-Reverb a bit, but not enough to really comment. It's a bit different from your bog-standard reverb, that much I have been able to determine.

With all of the above, I'd say you either like the sound or you don't. Might be worth investigating, as you won't be replicating what you've already got.

Their tape machines Kramer Master Tape and J37 are really cool for adding flavour and colour (and delay) - if they're $23-ish that's well worth it.

I think their RRPs are a joke but $29 (or lower) means you can dive in even out of curiosity. Just pretend WUP doesn't exist and you're fine :D

MogwaiBoy wrote:Their tape machines Kramer Master Tape and J37 are really cool for adding flavour and colour (and delay) - if they're $23-ish that's well
What would you say are the differences with those two (as compared with each other) versus other ones such as VTM or Softube?

only H-Delay

H-reverb, Abbey Road plates and J37 are great, and I just purchased WLM+ which is excellent if you need that type of plugin.

Most (if not all) of their newer plugins are an absolute steal at 29$.

Metafilter, the H-Series, Saphira, J37, AbbeyRoad Plates, etc. are all fantastic.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”