Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
woggle
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:59 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

scott_free wrote:
Cinebient wrote:The most interesting Falcon expansion so far.


Augmented Piano has me hoping to hear UVI's take on prepared guitar.


me too - in the meantime http://www.vir2.com/instruments/fractur ... ic-guitar/
User avatar
scott_free
KVRist
 
137 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Postby scott_free; Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

woggle wrote:
scott_free wrote:
Cinebient wrote:me too - in the meantime http://www.vir2.com/instruments/fractur ... ic-guitar/


Nice one, thanks! I have been eying this all week and was hoping it would be in the green tag sale at bigfishaudio. Violence is, but not Fractured. It seems like quite a unique instrument, so I may dive in anyways.:borg:
woggle
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:30 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

scott_free wrote:
woggle wrote:
scott_free wrote:
Cinebient wrote:me too - in the meantime http://www.vir2.com/instruments/fractur ... ic-guitar/


Nice one, thanks! I have been eying this all week and was hoping it would be in the green tag sale at bigfishaudio. Violence is, but not Fractured. It seems like quite a unique instrument, so I may dive in anyways.:borg:

I got mine on sale, can’t remember when but they do have sales
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
13937 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

I meant that I don't know about taking on the UVI copy protection. I'm not at all anti-dongle but I don't want to spend 40 bucks for one and I'm not real into having both USB ports taken up most or all of the time. So I tried to ascertain needing it or some soft licenser, didn't see it on the site for Augmented Piano; which at 99 bucks is very tempting. Expires the 26th. So, anybody know about this? TYIA.
woggle
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

jancivil wrote:I meant that I don't know about taking on the UVI copy protection. I'm not at all anti-dongle but I don't want to spend 40 bucks for one and I'm not real into having both USB ports taken up most or all of the time. So I tried to ascertain needing it or some soft licenser, didn't see it on the site for Augmented Piano; which at 99 bucks is very tempting. Expires the 26th. So, anybody know about this? TYIA.


Dunno on this new one but all my other UVI and Falcon libraries with copy protection use software Ilok , no physical dongle
Cinebient
KVRAF
 
3292 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

woggle wrote:
jancivil wrote:I meant that I don't know about taking on the UVI copy protection. I'm not at all anti-dongle but I don't want to spend 40 bucks for one and I'm not real into having both USB ports taken up most or all of the time. So I tried to ascertain needing it or some soft licenser, didn't see it on the site for Augmented Piano; which at 99 bucks is very tempting. Expires the 26th. So, anybody know about this? TYIA.


Dunno on this new one but all my other UVI and Falcon libraries with copy protection use software Ilok , no physical dongle


Yes, no dongle needed. And beside the usual i-lok hate i never had any problem with it so far.
I might grab this some day since i think it´s really great but money is already spend elsewhere. :o
rasmusklump
KVRian
 
774 posts since 13 May, 2004, from Germany

Postby rasmusklump; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:33 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

scott_free wrote:
simmo75 wrote:plus having the sounds in Falcon is sweeeet :)


Indeed! Augmented Piano was an instabuy for me. It is great to have so many different preparations in one instrument.


instant buy for me too
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16123 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:37 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

Yeah you don't need dongle for either Falcon or the soundbank.
woggle
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:31 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

Cinebient wrote:
woggle wrote:
jancivil wrote:I meant that I don't know about taking on the UVI copy protection. I'm not at all anti-dongle but I don't want to spend 40 bucks for one and I'm not real into having both USB ports taken up most or all of the time. So I tried to ascertain needing it or some soft licenser, didn't see it on the site for Augmented Piano; which at 99 bucks is very tempting. Expires the 26th. So, anybody know about this? TYIA.


Dunno on this new one but all my other UVI and Falcon libraries with copy protection use software Ilok , no physical dongle


Yes, no dongle needed. And beside the usual i-lok hate i never had any problem with it so far.
I might grab this some day since i think it´s really great but money is already spend elsewhere. :o


ilok has been pretty breezy for me as well

re price - UVI do fairly regular sales so if you dont desperately need it then a sale is bound to come along soon enough
irvg
KVRist
 
152 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby irvg; Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:47 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

Don't forget "The Giant" and Unicorda from NI, Soundiron's Struck Piano, or the 8dio libraries that have plenty of prepared variations as well. I already have so many of these, I would love to add it, but I think it's overkill. Especially when you start stacking things. But the convenience of having it all in one place is definitely an advantage.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
13937 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

Well, I bought the VSL so we'll see to what extent my prepared piano needs aren't met. It's a pretty small sample set. Thanks for the info, people.
Cinebient
KVRAF
 
3292 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:03 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

irvg wrote:Don't forget "The Giant" and Unicorda from NI, Soundiron's Struck Piano, or the 8dio libraries that have plenty of prepared variations as well. I already have so many of these, I would love to add it, but I think it's overkill. Especially when you start stacking things. But the convenience of having it all in one place is definitely an advantage.


Yes, i own The Giant, Una Corda and Keyscape so even if i think Augmented Piano has something new to offer the overlap is too much.
But i do hope UVI makes more of these tools i could load into Falcon.
What i would like is a prepared Church Organ. Put some needles into the pipes or so :D
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
13937 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

This is making 99 dollars hot in my pocket. I have to find room for such a thing...

In terms of sound design, this is so not obviated by the IRCAM. I have looked at that one like every couple years for a decade and it's just very dated today. 400 bucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA
woggle
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:28 am Re: interesting new prepared piano library from UVI

jancivil wrote:This is making 99 dollars hot in my pocket. I have to find room for such a thing...

In terms of sound design, this is so not obviated by the IRCAM. I have looked at that one like every couple years for a decade and it's just very dated today. 400 bucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA


the IRCAM is pretty good once you get it into Falcon - there is a lot of potential, the sound is first class. But if I were buying today I would get the UVI instead - probably.

(last special for the IRCAM was $240 - still expensive tho)
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries