Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
discoDSP
KVRAF

3436 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 am Re: Code Sign certificates

FabienTDR wrote:No. The certificate will remain valid for eternity.

You "lease" a signing certificate, allowing you to sign stuff. It's a toolkit, a small console app

Thanks, then it's very likely to be purchasing one :)
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
joshb
KVRist

67 posts since 13 Apr, 2016

Postby joshb; Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:38 pm Re: Code Sign certificates

Help me get this right...because I definitely don't understand signing.

My certificate is on my Mac in my Keychain. To sign my installer, I would do something like this:

Code: Select all
productsign --sign "Developer ID Installer: MyCompany" MyInstaller.pkg" MySignedInstaller.pkg"

That's it?

And, did I read that correctly, that I can sign my Windows installer using my Mac certificate? Running the same thing but with my Windows installer that has been copied to my Mac? Would that get rid of the annoying "unknown publisher" Windows warning?

Am I missing anything?
discoDSP
KVRAF

3436 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:01 am Re: Code Sign certificates

joshb wrote:Help me get this right...because I definitely don't understand signing.

My certificate is on my Mac in my Keychain. To sign my installer, I would do something like this:

Code: Select all
productsign --sign "Developer ID Installer: MyCompany" MyInstaller.pkg" MySignedInstaller.pkg"

That's it?

Should work fine yes.

And, did I read that correctly, that I can sign my Windows installer using my Mac certificate? Running the same thing but with my Windows installer that has been copied to my Mac? Would that get rid of the annoying "unknown publisher" Windows warning?

No. Microsoft has only certain CAs installed by default and Apple is not among these.

I found a useful how-to article http://luminaryapps.com/blog/code-signi ... -on-a-mac/
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development