ROLI Seaboard Block with Waveform 9

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys!

I decided to start a new topic since my problems seem to be connected not with Dashboard or Equator as I suspected but with Waveforms way to handle the Seaboard Block. As member dRowAudio pointed out answering my previous question, Waveform uploads own little program to Seaboard Block in order to control it. I suspect there is a bug in that program and therefore Equator ends up giving a "MIDI out of range" announcement. The result is that Block does not work in MPE mode. Multichannel mode works ok as as I can see.

Has anyone else had such problems in v. 9?

BR Janno

I have the Seaboard Block and Equator. Everything seems ok. I set MPE on in the Equator settings and checked "Take control of BLOCKS" check box in the Waveform MIDI setting.

Well,

I do'nt know. Just made a new attempt. Unfortunately with exactly same result:
1. Connected Seaboard Block
2. Checked that "Take control..." is ON
3. Placed Equator on new track with input from Seaboard Block
4. Turned MPE ON
5. Recorded a clip.

I can hear the sound during recording process but no audible sound during playback. And when I bring up Equator interface it says "MIDI out of range".

Just can't think of what else to do. Oh, and did not have this problem with v.8.

I'm on Windows, so maybe that's the difference.

Hi, I just tested this exact workflow and the playing/recording/playback of a Seaboard BLOCK and Equator seem to work as expected.
Can I just check you're using the latest version of Equator?

Also, after you've recorded a clip, select it and then can you check that the "MIDI Channel Mode" is set to "MPE"?

Hi guys,

now I must admit I'm a little bit embarrassed. I never noticed that a MIDI clip has this "MIDI Channel mode" option. Everything works fine now.

Thanks a lot!

Janno, a one happy Waveform user.

Buschmann wrote:I never noticed that a MIDI clip has this "MIDI Channel mode" option.
This should be set to MPE automatically if you've recorded from a Seaboard device. Was this not the case?

(The only other thing I can think of is that you've used Dashboard to rename the Seaboard Block and it doesn't have "Seaboard" in the name anymore?)

Hi,

well I just checked that a new midi clip stays in Single Channel mode after recording using Seaboard Block as input device an Equator as Instrument. You have to change this setting manually and after that everything works ok.

My block is still named Seaboard Block, I never changed that.

Janno

Return to “Tracktion”