Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh it will happen someday
after the Matrix Renaissance when the nation of 01 goes to war with humanity
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Cinebient wrote:
Aloysius wrote:If 1000 people would like to give me $1000 I'll try to come up with a prototype. No guarantee on delivery date but I'll do my best, honest! :)
But only if you add some extras like altering the voice by years of smoking, drinking and/or having a cold :D
Plus fake wooden panels and scratches on the GUI.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wagtunes wrote:Now that we've come this far and I've conceded that celebrity sound alikes are a bad idea, this is the software I'd like to see now.

It would be a synth like layout with about 100 or so parameters, each one controlling a different aspect of the human voice.

. . .

This will discourage all but the truly dedicated. This will, in turn, cut down on the number of people actually using this instead of a real singer. That and a hefty price tag will make this software even more of a niche item.
Have you taken a look at PPG Phonem?

Aloysius wrote: Plus fake wooden panels and scratches on the GUI.

"LIKE" :clap: :lol:

Don’t forget the fan vent. :hihi:

Or just pay a vocalist $1000.
You are currently reading my signature.

DSmolken wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Now that we've come this far and I've conceded that celebrity sound alikes are a bad idea, this is the software I'd like to see now.

It would be a synth like layout with about 100 or so parameters, each one controlling a different aspect of the human voice.

. . .

This will discourage all but the truly dedicated. This will, in turn, cut down on the number of people actually using this instead of a real singer. That and a hefty price tag will make this software even more of a niche item.
I own it. Not even close to what I want.

Sorry but why would you want such a plugin? If you can't sing, you cant sing.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Sorry but why would you want such a plugin? If you can't sing, you cant sing.
I guess I could say the same thing about people who buy violin sample libraries. If you can't play the violin, you can't play the violin and shouldn't be allowed to emulate one.

It works both ways.

wagtunes wrote:
DSmolken wrote:

. . .

Exactly. I think lots of parameters and discouraging all but the dedicated is a bad idea, and ease of use is good. Your original idea will be much more useful, and it's not far from what Voctro are working on now. We'll see when they get there.

DSmolken wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
DSmolken wrote:

. . .

Exactly. I think lots of parameters and discouraging all but the dedicated is a bad idea, and ease of use is good. Your original idea will be much more useful, and it's not far from what Voctro are working on now. We'll see when they get there.
I'm just trying to make it more "acceptable" to the people who are against it. I figured if you really had to work hard at getting sounds out of it, most people would accept that. What I really want would probably anger a good portion of the human population. So I'm willing to compromise.

I just want the vocals of my songs to sound human and good.

That's all.

I can't paint, but I'd like to pretend I can.

I really hope a company somewhere will build a robot that can paint just like a human. I'm ready to pay $5000 for it.

Neon Breath wrote:I can't paint, but I'd like to pretend I can.

I really hope a company somewhere will build a robot that can paint just like a human. I'm ready to pay $5000 for it.
Interesting argument. Who's the artist and who's the painter here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfIkXf3uzA
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

wags, I did not have a chance to respond yesterday as I drove down the coast to enjoy the beautiful (but cold) day, see a movie and have dinner with a lovely lady. (keep in mind that's rte 1 Maine, absolutely stunning from my town on the coast all the way down to where I was heading, Rockland). I saw where you said you would like my opinion on this, I do actually have an interesting perspective on this because for over 15 years my vox ability was severely hindered (worse than my lack of skill :hihi: ) by dental issues, but last year I spent over 3k on that instrument. :tu: (I have a nice smile now and better, for the first time this century I can whistle again :hyper: ).

If you want to hear it I will gladly share it but it has nothing to do with a plugin, it does have to do with incorporating outside singers and really it comes down to what your actual intent with your music is. So as not to keep beating a dead horse as it were I'll give you the option of hearing or not.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

wagtunes wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Sorry but why would you want such a plugin? If you can't sing, you cant sing.
I guess I could say the same thing about people who buy violin sample libraries. If you can't play the violin, you can't play the violin and shouldn't be allowed to emulate one.

It works both ways.
But violin sample libraries doesnt cost 1000 $.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”