Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HcDoom wrote:How long does it take for Izotope to transfer license? Ive sent an request 3 days ago and nothing happened!
I think it took about one day when I bought a 2nd hand product. Maybe they're busy for Christmas.

Don't worry about the iZotope delay, they've been very backlogged lately. 3+ days is normal. I would contact them for help at the 7-day mark.

Since I've seen some conflicting info about this, figured I should ask here: what is FXpansion's stance on account transfers? (Not license transfers from one account to another, which I know they do allow for a fee.) Definitely allowed, definitely not allowed, or gray area?

househoppin09 wrote:Since I've seen some conflicting info about this, figured I should ask here: what is FXpansion's stance on account transfers? (Not license transfers from one account to another, which I know they do allow for a fee.) Definitely allowed, definitely not allowed, or gray area?
I sent Roli (new owner of FXpansion) an email regarding this very topic, as I am interested in selling some plugins. Word on the street says there is a $50 transfer fee, but nothing is listed on their website regarding the matter nor the process.

deleted

What’s the current Waves policy. It used to be no fees for price under 700.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Sent out some support requests over the weekend regarding license transfers. Didn't see any info here yet regarding these developers:

Sonible & TSE Audio

Both stated that licenses are transferable with an email request. No fee, no NFR.

:tu:

Regarding Synthogy (namely Ivory II American D - but likely applies to all their products) - here is the response I have received from their support last week:

Hello Peter,

The Ivory End User License Agreement that you agreed to when you installed the program prohibits license transfer or resale. However, if you are located within the EU such resale or transfers are permitted. If that is the case, we are willing to approve and process a transfer, but you should be aware that there is a $50 (USD) fee charged by Synthogy to transfer ownership of the license, and a $25 fee charged by PACE. If you are interested in sale/transfer of your Ivory license, please forward a valid Paypal address for payment of the transfer fee.

Regards,

Synthogy Support

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling my license for Avenger, does anybody know if they allow license transfers?
I looked on there site but only see dongle related info.

Cheers.

Hi,

I’ve seen a few listed here before but thought it would be best to ask first... Can I list my Spectrasonics account here? I know the license becomes NFR after a transfer but I’ve seen a couple of account transfers here before.

Thanks,

Matt

Numanoid wrote:As far as I understood u-he allows free transfer of licenses 6 month after purchase.
I think it's 9 month.

Can one buy Plugin Alliance plugins, have the transferred, and then wait to pay the activation fee? I am interested in a couple, but theres a few others I want at some point too. Just curious if that's an option to wait, to stretch the $50 activation fee across maybe 4-5 plugins?

Yes you can. I must have about a dozen different PA plugins I've acquired via transfers over the past few months, and I'll be activating them all at the end of this month for the flat $50 (minus $25 from my monthly voucher, so it will work out to just a couple of dollars per plugin). Not bad!

Oh damn, I hadn’t even thought about using a voucher for that! There are a couple other plugs on the cheap I might pick up in the near future, to make it worthwhile.

Anyone know if iZotope is still allowing license transfers for Alloy 2 since it has been discontinued? At this point, would anyone want this software?!?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”