Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Interesting, and great news on the filter - all the best.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hi!

For Manuel. Wondering if there are plans for drum sequence "banks", so that a preset could contain several sequences that you can spread out on different trigger notes (or pads like Groove Agent). This would make it super convenient to create drum tracks from all the amazing drums and sequences in Avenger.

(Sorry if this is already possible ...then I'll just revert to RTFM! :) )

msvs wrote:when you pitch up the grain sample / play on higher octaves the grains stay the same lenght, while their content is played back faster. Means travelling a further distance in the sample. You can turn on/off this behaviour with the button (means higher pitch = shorter grains). Turning it off makes sense on long, sustained sounds, since time critical sounds would get too "smeary", hence its more for pads/cloudy sounds.
Thank you that's a great feature. :clap:

msvs wrote:its not really a "synthesis" its a very special loop player for very special things.

ps: yes analog filter is on our list
Something like dblue glitch? :love:

no, nothing with glitch, has something to do with Guitars or other instruments

R E S O N A T O R S ?

AH! I think I have seen that thing[1] before in an instrument. Slightly different, I remember it had those other builtin sound things going on.

Looking forward to that VSL Osc so much.

[1] That "very special loop player for very special things which has something to do with Guitars or other instruments"

Wow, that cinematic expansion sounds amazing to say the least.

Contrary to what my wallet thinks, I thank you for cranking out these great expansions!

msvs wrote:a little preview for the upcoming Cinematic XP for Avenger

https://soundcloud.com/vengeancesound/v ... er-suite-2
Unfortunately it sounds very similar to Howard Scarrs & Kevin Schröders cinematic presets for u-he Hive or any other synth. But they are only 39$ :D

BlueprintInc wrote: Unfortunately it sounds very similar to Howard Scarrs & Kevin Schröders cinematic presets for u-he Hive or any other synth. But they are only 39$ :D
The upcoming cinematic xp is also made by Kevin so it's only natural to hear similarities. On the other hand, I'll bet on some extra goodies in Avenger version (for example drums and/or impacts) as no u-he synth supports samples playback

thats right, you get a lot more, the whole XP is nearly 2GB (!) and the sounds are super complex, with the macro button variations you have several hundreds more of combinations and timbres. This expansion is really insane.

Release: Easter

I have been a long time hobbyist in the area of electronic music production and a big fan of trance in general. This machine you've created, Manuel, is the stuff of dreams. It sounds beyond amazing and I find it extremely intuitive to use.

Thats was always my goal, to produce without hesitation, not tinkering with software, not letting ideas flowing in my brain evaporate. This is a second time it happened. The first one was when I bought a Korg JP8000. Even then, I had to spend time playing with drum samples, adjusting tempo's and so on.

But now, I feel fulfilled, especially seeing what's on the horizon. Seriously, Manuel, if you could pair this one day with a company producing hardware synths and give it a physical option with knobs, sliders paired with a cloud based registration and expansions that would be tremendous.

Sincere thanks for the great synth and all the hours you're putting in!

Igor

P.S. the three Macro buttons are work of a genius!!!

Hello everybody,

Running avenger latest update on win7 Cubase 9.5 I have following problem:

As i’m Working with huge template projects I have quite some instances of Avenger in the project. Once it gets more than say 5 they all need ages to work without dropouts after loading the session. Once the initial some-sort-of-pre-buffering is done all is fine. But it takes really long. Seems they need to try to play for some time, again and again, producing nothing but dropouts and extremely heavy spikes on cpu, and then after some minutes it’s ok. No other synth in the big session has similar issues, btw

Questions:

- anybody seen this?
- could it be a RAM paging issue?
- or is Av actually doing some precalcuations? In a different than Audio Thread?
- if so, any way to force it get itself right without trying to play it?

Thanx, Mario

Mario1089 wrote:Hello everybody,

Running avenger latest update on win7 Cubase 9.5 I have following problem:

As i’m Working with huge template projects I have quite some instances of Avenger in the project. Once it gets more than say 5 they all need ages to work without dropouts after loading the session. Once the initial some-sort-of-pre-buffering is done all is fine. But it takes really long. Seems they need to try to play for some time, again and again, producing nothing but dropouts and extremely heavy spikes on cpu, and then after some minutes it’s ok. No other synth in the big session has similar issues, btw

Questions:

- anybody seen this?
- could it be a RAM paging issue?
- or is Av actually doing some precalcuations? In a different than Audio Thread?
- if so, any way to force it get itself right without trying to play it?

Thanx, Mario
Just made a short test with a Cubase 9.5 project with 6 instances of Avenger.
It loads as "usual" in terms of time, and when the project has been loaded - the Avengers play there midi parts instantly correct without any dropouts.

So maybe its getting an issue when its growing to a huge project, how many tracks do you have?
If you try a clean project with 6 instances of Avenger, and try saving/reloading the project - do you run into the same issues?

Return to “Instruments”