Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
DuX
KVRAF

3632 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm Re: need new weird Sampler

What I think is needed is a sampler that "emulates" an Akai sampler hierarchy, but is *not* Kontakt. Something simpler to use than Kontakt.

I'm currently using TOGU-Sampler a lot and I love it, but it's not multi-timbral and multi-output. It essentially emulates one classic sampler's "Program". It also lacks some simple things like hardware coded pitch and MW to vibrato. OTOH It sounds really good and it's really close, but the Vemberaudio ShortCircuit sampler was so much better. Perfect, except for some little niggles [attack on the samples was cut off too much so some drums would sound different]. They managed to make an incredibly great sampler ITB that's so incredibly easy to use and flexible with its mod matrix and sounds and looks good. Unfortunately, they stopped the development a long time ago so it's still x86 only. :(

So I suppose I'd really like to see a new "Shortcircuit" that's x64 and doesn't cut off the attack on samples. Just plays them as they are, unless you use the additional processing. That would be beyond awesome. Check out that sampler if you can. Just for the kicks. It's incredible and free. The user interface is soooooo well made! It's incredible how many functions they've managed to stuff into just one page! :tu: That's what we need these days. More of the samplers and synths that don't have 10 huge knobs that take the whole interface, but many easily accessible controls like this sampler. I'd make every synth or a sampler look like this one. :hyper:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
zoogoo
KVRist

432 posts since 21 Feb, 2006

Postby zoogoo; Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 pm Re: need new weird Sampler

Dasheesh wrote:I have this cd... 16 years old granular. Can we get better already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6hsu1 ... 1K-t8&t=50

this music is bad ass. i love it. wish i saw his set up
braj
KVRAF

9094 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm Re: need new weird Sampler

I recently got Reason and I'm not that experienced with samplers, so I can't personally compare it to much, but I'm loving Grain, it is super easy to deal with and sounds great to me. How does that compare to the VSTs mentioned?

It does have a bit of an Emulator color scheme which I quite like.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
Dasheesh
KVRAF

2542 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Postby Dasheesh; Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 am Re: need new weird Sampler

zoogoo wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:I have this cd... 16 years old granular. Can we get better already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6hsu1 ... 1K-t8&t=50

this music is bad ass. i love it. wish i saw his set up

pretty sure it's c sound and a lot of time sitting in front of a computer programming. At least that's what I remember from interviews at the time. of course guys were playing around with reaktor at the time too... so there may be some MAX and/or reaktor mixed in.
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:57 am Re: need new weird Sampler

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to wind up buying Bliss before this thread is over?

Hey DSP... If you are still around. I like the granularizing in that example, can you designate multiple loop points and create multiple grains?

Asking for a friend. :clown:
Straight2Vinyl
KVRist

130 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Postby Straight2Vinyl; Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 am Re: need new weird Sampler

If you really like to do a ton of modulation and make tiny effects changes, then get Renoise. It's a DAW that's essentially a killer sampler with other functions added. Check out youtube tutorials to see some of what it can do with enough user expertise.
I've switched to using Reaper mainly as I mostly play large multi-sampled instruments from my keyboard now, but for sample mangling Renoise is amazing.
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:07 am Re: need new weird Sampler

Dasheesh wrote:Why do I get the feeling I'm going to wind up buying Bliss before this thread is over?

Hey DSP... If you are still around. I like the granularizing in that example, can you designate multiple loop points and create multiple grains?

Asking for a friend. :clown:

I’m demoing it now... and it seems like it probably can. I just haven’t figured out how yet.
mholloway
KVRian

859 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 am Re: need new weird Sampler

Straight2Vinyl wrote:If you really like to do a ton of modulation and make tiny effects changes, then get Renoise. It's a DAW that's essentially a killer sampler with other functions added. Check out youtube tutorials to see some of what it can do with enough user expertise.
I've switched to using Reaper mainly as I mostly play large multi-sampled instruments from my keyboard now, but for sample mangling Renoise is amazing.

Or, since this is a thread about samplers, why not get Redux, which is *literally* the Renoise sampler in plugin form.

Also, it's freaking fantastic. And get this: it has an actual sample editor. You know, that sort of important part of a sampler that 90% of software samplers don't have? Ha. Renoise / Redux can destructively edit samples in a number of ways, it's a sampler + audio editor in that regard (though it used to be that all samplers were also audio editors, but times have changed).

Renoise / Redux is my favorite software sampler. It does lack some things, though, that people might need (e.g. no timestretch).

http://www.renoise.com/products/redux

-m
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 am Re: need new weird Sampler

Whoa. That redux is nice. Great, another demo to install.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:24 am Re: need new weird Sampler

Bliss has a high quality sample editor BTW.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments