Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Romantique Tp wrote:This is what works as proof of purchase: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html

The products that qualify for both Absolute 3 and Halion 6 crossgrades are Kontakt / Komplete, Falcon, Machfive, Omnisphere.

This list shows up when you click Add to cart.
Thanks. I have everything but Machfive. I guess a screen shot of my product registration would be easiest to send. I assume that's somewhere on the About screen.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never done a crossgrade before. Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.

nm :dog:
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.
The reasoning behind this is that you won't consider buying the product, if you own a product of the competition that covers the same area, unless the price is right.

Yep. It's like when a car company buys your old car from a competing company, when you buy a new car from them.

chk071 wrote:Yep. It's like when a car company buys your old car from a competing company, when you buy a new car from them.
Ya. Except for the fact that Steinberg doesn't take your old license from you. And that there is no physical product involved. So I guess not like that at all. But I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, sorry.

Well, you pay less for the crossgrade, don't you?

The point is that they want to make you check out their product. Or completely switch to it.

Hello,

any real world user reports on how stable HALion 6 is on Mac.

I used HALion1-3 (with 2 being quite great, 3 being acceptable) and then updated to HALion 5 but only lately started to use it (on MacOS El Capitan - not on Sierra, latest HALion 5 update) - and - at least on my system - calling HALion 5 'not that stable' is pretty diplomatic expression for how it works. Also the UI is not that responsive .... (regarding sample layout, editing sample mapping - not playing and using the standard modules as is)

Did HALion 6 improve on that?
(I cannot install the demo without killing HALion 5 installation - which actually might not be a bad thing, but, well ....)

Any real word reports?

Thanks
best

I don't use OS X but Halion 6 should be more stable. They've fixed a ton of bugs since Halion 5 was released.
wagtunes wrote: Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never done a crossgrade before. Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.
Halion has advantages over competing products, but there's a certain amount of feature overlap that might otherwise discourage owners of these products to buy it. In this case I think it makes sense to give them a small discount.

Hi all,

There is new video series from Future Music about sound design and creating custom instruments with HALion 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRoAyJ6jf8o

You can even download a small library at the end of each video for free.

Cheers from Hamburg,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Can you guys please add polyphonic pressure support? Why do you have it in your VST3 spec and yet not include it in your workstation? Brightness would be another nice modulator (also in your spec).

MatthiasQ wrote:Hi all,

The HALion 6.0.10, HALion Sonic 3.0.10 and HALion Sonic SE 3.0.10 maintenance updates are now available for download.

The updates resolve more than 80 issues in the applications. All details can be found in the version history.

HALion 6 maintenance update

HALion Sonic 3 maintenance update

HALion Sonic SE 3 maintenance update

Additionally there is a new knowledge base article for those of you who are experiencing user interface errors in HALion 6 on Windows 10.

User-Interface-errors-in-HALion-6-on-Windows 10
That last reg fix for certain Intel Graphics (2000/3000) chips doesn't work anymore for Halion 6.1. Is there anyone that wants to upload the 6.015 update for me? Or send it via WeTransfer?

T-CM11 wrote:
MatthiasQ wrote:Hi all,

The HALion 6.0.10, HALion Sonic 3.0.10 and HALion Sonic SE 3.0.10 maintenance updates are now available for download.

The updates resolve more than 80 issues in the applications. All details can be found in the version history.

HALion 6 maintenance update

HALion Sonic 3 maintenance update

HALion Sonic SE 3 maintenance update

Additionally there is a new knowledge base article for those of you who are experiencing user interface errors in HALion 6 on Windows 10.

User-Interface-errors-in-HALion-6-on-Windows 10
That last reg fix for certain Intel Graphics (2000/3000) chips doesn't work anymore for Halion 6.1. Is there anyone that wants to upload the 6.015 update for me? Or send it via WeTransfer?
Actually, I think what you need is the 6.0.10. First time I installed, I installed the original 6.0. and jumped directly to 6.1. Bad idea. Graphics were completely messed. Then I uninstalled, and started over. This time, I installed the original and the 6.0.10 upgrade. Everything was working fine. I then installed 6.0.15. Everythig kept working fine. I didn't install version 6.1. After all, HALion is working OK. I don't want to mess it.

So, yes, i think what you need is version 6.0.10. Can't you download it through the FTP?

EDIT: Unfortunately, it seems there is only the full installation and the 6.1 update now. Maybe Mathias can help. @MathiasQ: Users that have problems with the graphics in Windows 10 absolutely need to install 6.0.10 update. It was the only way I solved my problem.

Install the full 6.0 and just the 6.1 update DO NOT work.
Fernando (FMR)

edit: see next post below
Last edited by T-CM11 on Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For years the Steinberg support needs eternally for an answer! That's really bad there. And I usually feel like a begger for answers.

Return to “Instruments”